• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

He gave it his all today but with added intelligence. He is improving in his reading of the game. Poch working on him.

Not a fan generally but in fairness he has been decent so far this season, especially in the last 3-4 games.

Talk about damning with faint praise.... "Decent so far this season".

The difference between him this season and last when he was off form, probably mainly because of his injury problems is huge. The difference between him and some of his "decent" backups last season is massive and one of the reasons we're so much better defensively this season.

Still lacking a bit on the ball, and I imagine it will continue to be an issue. But he does put a lot of energy into our attacks down that side.

What I like is that he seems to pick up a niggle in most games and just cracks on still. He is made of sterner stuff now and is clearly as fot as he has ever Been

What I like is that he seems to pick up a niggle in most games and just cracks on still. He is made of sterner stuff now and is clearly as fot as he has ever Been

He's been like that most of his career from my memory. I think it was against Saudi Sportswashing Machine 3-4 years ago he seemed to turn his ancle, looked really horrible in the slow-motion replay and I was sure he was off and out for at least a month. Nevermind, just kept playing and started the next game too iirc.

Just a couple of actual injuries, happens to just about all players.

Great to see him back to full fitness as you say. He needs that for his style to work properly.

There were 3 key battles for me before the game.

Dier v Ozil
Walker v Sanchez
Rose v Debouchy

Of the 3 no doubt for me that Sanchez was probably the quietest ive seen him in a game and that was down to walker.

The first 45 minutes is the most dominant ive seen us against them, the only shame is that we ddnt get a 2nd as im not sure they would have come back

The difference between him this season and last when he was off form, probably mainly because of his injury problems is huge. The difference between him and some of his "decent" backups last season is massive and one of the reasons we're so much better defensively this season.

Still lacking a bit on the ball, and I imagine it will continue to be an issue. But he does put a lot of energy into our attacks down that side.

Are you ok? You seem to have taken personal offence. What did you want me to say? That I fancy him and want to take him on date because he has been so good in your opinion?

He has been decent this season, nothing more or less. I haven't mentioned anything about last season or the season before that or the one before that. Its my opinion and I stand by it, If you think he is that good and has been performing so superbly then thats great, that is your opinion whether i think it is flawed or not.

Are you ok? You seem to have taken personal offence. What did you want me to say? That I fancy him and want to take him on date because he has been so good in your opinion?

He has been decent this season, nothing more or less. I haven't mentioned anything about last season or the season before that or the one before that. Its my opinion and I stand by it, If you think he is that good and has been performing so superbly then thats great, that is your opinion whether i think it is flawed or not.

No personal offence taken. Was my response really that harsh? Is "damning with faint praise" really an inflammatory expression here?

I used last season as a comparison to highlight why I think "decent" is much too conservative about his current performances.

Really enjoyed the composure he exhibited yesterday to cut the ball back to Eriksen for his shot that Cech saved. It was an excellent decision, one that is representative of his gradual improvement on the ball. I don't think he'll ever be top class in this regard but he is certainly looking a lot handier now.

Really enjoyed the composure he exhibited yesterday to cut the ball back to Eriksen for his shot that Cech saved. It was an excellent decision, one that is representative of his gradual improvement on the ball. I don't think he'll ever be top class in this regard but he is certainly looking a lot handier now.

Definitely improving, though slowly. Clearly possible to become an effective attaking full back on the ball with his skill level.

No personal offence taken. Was my response really that harsh? Is "damning with faint praise" really an inflammatory expression here?

I used last season as a comparison to highlight why I think "decent" is much too conservative about his current performances.

To be fair you are questioning my "praise" and suggesting it should be higher rather than accepting we just have a difference of opinion....... I don't understand why? You think it is conservative and I think it is perfectly suitable considering I don't rate him particularly highly and feel nervous whenever he spends any extended period on the ball. That said, I think he has had a decent season and you obviously think he has been amazing which is fair enough but questioning my opinion in that subtle way is unreasonable imo hence my response.

To be fair you are questioning my "praise" and suggesting it should be higher rather than accepting we just have a difference of opinion....... I don't understand why? You think it is conservative and I think it is perfectly suitable considering I don't rate him particularly highly and feel nervous whenever he spends any extended period on the ball. That said, I think he has had a decent season and you obviously think he has been amazing which is fair enough but questioning my opinion in that subtle way is unreasonable imo hence my response.

I really feel differences of opinion are part of what makes a football discussion. If you don't want your opinion questioned or argued against I suppose I should respect that and move on... But it doesn't make for much of a forum imo.

Questioning is absolutely fine, no problem with that at all......It's about how it was done. Difference of opinion is great but its also a good thing if the tone doesn't imply that someone elses needs to be adjusted to fit in with what someone else thinks/feels.

The funny thing is about this thread is that if you scroll back to last season one will be amazed about the number of people who wanted him out of the club :)
I think some people don't realise how long it can take to come back from a serious injury, also how hard it is to play at the top level while not at 100% (especially for a player where pace is one of his biggest attributes).

Back