• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

No but we could have made them pay more. So that we can insure that we can strengthen better against the rival we've just strengthened.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk
maybe but in this case i think we wanted to sell him.Sure Levy can move the goalposts tomorrow and say 60 mill but that won't help anyone.If city hadn't bought walker they would have found someone similar.I am more concerned how it affects us .

So I guess Levy had found his match, or he isn't the master negotiater we make him out to be.

Levy wanted 50 mill, Poch wanted Walker out, so they must be satisfied

Levy usually goes the distance till deadline day because the buying club don't offer what he wants until then. City have offered what Levy wants to save the hassle of wasting time.

It saddens me that you do not believe in Poch, because by implication you think he would agree to sell the best RWB in the country without having a clear plan for how he will replace him and improve the squad all round as a result.

Keep the faith!!!

With the greatest respect you are talking tosh, you are adding 2 plus 2 and coming up with 17, and implying complete and utter s-h-i-t-e :D

I suggest you read my post again as it is written in simple and uncomplicated English :D

Serious question, are you sober? Seriously read my post again

So I guess Levy had found his match, or he isn't the master negotiater we make him out to be.

You make it sound so simple. Chances are Levy had his arm twisted by Poch who needed to get this done so he could concentrate on preparing for the coming season.

Or perhaps you think that dirupting our preseason prep would be fine so long as we got a few extra million?

Do we want to keep Poch or don't we? He cannot do his job if he is going to allow his team to be fudged about by the transfer market.

A successful negotiation is getting out of it what you went into the negotiation wanting to achieve. Which would usually be somewhere between your initial starting point and x% lower. (X being the amount you are willing to drop to).
(To the extent we know, based on pretty consistent media reporting) Levy set an asking price of £50M. And that's what he got, plus a few M in add ons. That's the mark of a pretty good negotiator in my book.

With the greatest respect you are talking tosh, you are adding 2 plus 2 and coming up with 17, and implying complete and utter s-h-i-t-e :D

I suggest you read my post again as it is written in simple and uncomplicated English :D
You are the one talking tosh my friend.

You are also the one a couple of months ago who kept ranting that Poch would never sell Walker. You were wrong mate. It was obvious to me at the time (and I said so on here much to your disgust) that when Poch said we would only sell the players we want to sell it was code for Walker would be on his way. So it has proved.

I know you don't like to hear this but whilst Trippier has his weaknesses at the back he has also been outstanding going forward and has the potential to prove better overall in the long run than Walker. You have not seen this but maybe Poch has. Maybe that is why he started preferring him to Walker for important games towards the end of the season.

Trippier is a big step down defensively from Walker BUT I agree totally that as a crossing machine Trippier is the best.

And let's face it 80% of our games will be against teams we dominate and a crossing machine is what we need.

Don't be surprised if Poch has a plan for the other 20% and it includes Trippier never playing. He solves most things and it may not involve buying another player. He may play Dier or Wanyama there (in a 4 at RB) for all we know, (Dier was never a DM once, remember) to counteract all the talented wide men the best teams have.

Let's just see how it rolls. I'm relaxed about it.

Indeed

My guess is that Levy decided to get less cash sooner rather than more cash later - suggesting that Poch has players in mind that he wants to buy and integrate into the squad sooner rather than later, further suggesting that Levy is prioritizing what happens on the pitch with what happens in the bank account.

You are the one talking tosh my friend.

You are also the one a couple of months ago who kept ranting that Poch would never sell Walker. You were wrong mate. It was obvious to me at the time (and I said so on here much to your disgust) that when Poch said we would only sell the players we want to sell it was code for Walker would be on his way. So it has proved.

Yes, about 2 months ago I said Walker would not be sold and if you check this thread you will find about a month ago I accepted that Walker would be sold, but that is so not the issue here.

I know you don't like to hear this but whilst Trippier has his weaknesses at the back he has also been outstanding going forward and has the potential to prove better overall in the long run than Walker.

What are you on about mate, have I ever said a bad word about Trippier going forward?

It saddens me that you do not believe in Poch, because by implication you think he would agree to sell the best RWB in the country without having a clear plan for how he will replace him and improve the squad all round as a result.

Keep the faith!!!

What are you on about? I have made no comment about Poch? My point is that I am irritated by Spurs fans who thought Walker was the best in the league and then now that he is about to leave they are digging him out. How the feck is that me not having faith in Poch? To think that is crazy. If anything I am having a go at fickle Spurs fans who are changing their view on him now that he is being sold? Fcuk knows why you are trying to insinuate that this is me not having faith in Poch. Like I said that is 2 plus 2 and getting 17. By implication? What the fcuk did I imply? And how the fcuk did I imply it?

upload_2017-7-14_9-25-50.png
Walker was great, capable of some of the most dramatic defending courtesy of his pace. He was however and likely always will be capable of some of the biggest brain farts known since Timothy Atouba and worst crosses since Lennon. I wish Walker all the best but in Poch we trust and if that means Trippier gets the job next season, I'm behind that. Having a guy on the right who can put the ball on a plate for Kane as opposed to behind for a goal kick is a good prospect.

Did Jenas not say, 'if I was X player, I'd be wondering what Clyne is on?'

Is Bertrand really on that much more than Walker, at Southampton?

No he was very specific (it was on Radio 5). He said Bertrand and double.

I guess Bertrand has been on Chelsea wages and football salaries never go down

My guess is that Levy decided to get less cash sooner rather than more cash later - suggesting that Poch has players in mind that he wants to buy and integrate into the squad sooner rather than later, further suggesting that Levy is prioritizing what happens on the pitch with what happens in the bank account.
Also to get the deal done, City (because they're loaded) quite often front up a big load of cash instantly, rather than the installment structure that is commonly used.

Trust the manager. He is no fool. He knows (and knew) what he needed to do in this case, and applaud Levy for recognizing that AND getting 50+ mill for the player. In the greater context, this is good business. BTW, this sale has been on the cards since the middle to end of April, it was very, very clear.

50m seems too goddamn low. It really does. If that is true, we are giving away England's first-choice RB, and a man entering his prime footballing years at 27, for a fee which is probably far too cheap for this environment. To an oil-rich club which could offer to pay a lot more, and to a rival which will threaten us this coming season.

I wonder why we stuck to that number when it looked like we had City's oily balls in a vice given that they were rejected by an ageing Dani Alves just a couple of days ago. Either way, it's not a good sign - if the intention is to scare off domestic clubs from bidding for our players, it won't work with a fee that United (for example) won't even think twice about offering for all sorts of players not on Walker's level. And it kind of dents the image of Levy being a bloodcurdlingly good negotiator if he set a price and then stuck to it even when the market shifted to make that price look a bit cheap.

Also, I wonder what went on to make any (possibly) acceptance of 50m seem reasonable to Levy. In a market where Soton are demanding 70m from *any* club for a mediocre CB who was at one point memorably left for dead by Kane last season, and where Everton are being told to fork up 50m for Gylfi (by Swansea City - hardly rivals to Everton), selling our best RB to a rival for 50m...something must have gone down between Levy and Poch for that to be acceptable, imo.

If it is true, I'll go with Levy accepting to give Poch immediate money to start our recruitment process - we are the only club in the PL which hasn't yet brought in anyone this window, and that must have been a bit discomfiting for Poch, a man who likes his signings in for pre-season training where possible. That is the more charitable, wholesome view of accepting 50m now, and it fits given what we know about Levy's undisputed mastery of the art of the sale. But it still smarts a bit - losing players to a domestic rival for what they would think is a 'reasonable' fee is an invitation for these clubs to start trying to pillage us more thoroughly under the notion that we're 'reasonable'.

Back