• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Naughton ***official sold to Swansea***

Re: The Official Kyle Naughton Thead

The 2 you have mentioned are not going to come here to play second fiddle, this is not football manager.

Naughton is a decent player, A capable if not overly talented squad player. He is never going to oust Walker when fit and he could be sold for a decent enough price allowing Fredericks to move up in the pecking order and make space for an upcoming youngster. I dont dislike Naughton or really like him, but his time has been served. He is a mid level prem player so going to Swansea is a good move for him.

Naughton is a decent player, A capable if not overly talented squad player. He is never going to oust Walker when fit and he could be sold for a decent enough price allowing Fredericks to move up in the pecking order and make space for an upcoming youngster. I dont dislike Naughton or really like him, but his time has been served. He is a mid level prem player so going to Swansea is a good move for him.

This

So instead of a player who can't oust walker as our first choice right back, you want Fredericks who hasn't been seen as good enough to oust naughton from his backup role?

This seems like a step backwards to me.

The 2 you have mentioned are not going to come here to play second fiddle, this is not football manager.

I'm not quite sure you're getting the point. Point is Walker is hardly much better than Naughton so by bringing in one of them he either ups his game and improves or is replaced by someone better. That's how it should work.

So instead of a player who can't oust walker as our first choice right back, you want Fredericks who hasn't been seen as good enough to oust naughton from his backup role?

This seems like a step backwards to me.
I don't know much about Fredericks but can he cover both full back roles?

Usually your backup is able to do both to a reasonable standard. Naughton's problem is that he's an average right back and a terrible left back.

Fredrericks is not ready to be backup number one yet IMO. He has talent but if the worst happened and Walker got injured again I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable with having Fredericks as our only choice.

I actually don't see right back as being a problem area at all. 2 senior pros and a kid is the accepted quota and that's what we have. There are others areas of the team I would see as being a much higher priority.

I don't know much about Fredericks but can he cover both full back roles?

Usually your backup is able to do both to a reasonable standard. Naughton's problem is that he's an average right back and a terrible left back.

Fredericks' main position is RM. He's apparently only recently started being converted into a RB.

I think he started the conversion two years ago?? I think I remember seeing him at RW in a cup game when Redknapp was still in charge.

Fredrericks is not ready to be backup number one yet IMO. He has talent but if the worst happened and Walker got injured again I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable with having Fredericks as our only choice.

I actually don't see right back as being a problem area at all. 2 senior pros and a kid is the accepted quota and that's what we have. There are others areas of the team I would see as being a much higher priority.

Fredericks' main position is RM. He's apparently only recently started being converted into a RB.

I think he started the conversion two years ago?? I think I remember seeing him at RW in a cup game when Redknapp was still in charge.
Thanks for that. Looks like he's not ready yet then.

In which case it looks as if we're keeping separate backups for left and right back.

Depends if we are selling him for £1m or £8m or whatever

I believe we can pick up someone from Holland etc for a few million

Walker will remain first choice because of his speed, strength and last-ditch get-out-of-jail tackling though he can be extremely annoying the way he halts his forward runs only to pass backwards.

If you watch Naughton closely he's very skillful on the ball and often produces more than his share of intelligent balls over the top of defences into the path of our forwards. Trouble is like Kaboul he has a regular brain-fart in him.

Ryan Fredericks is potentially the best crosser of a ball seen at WHL in decades. Seriously. I hope he stays and gets plenty of chances to gain first team experience in the cups.

Excellent tonight. He is a talented player and astute defender but lacks pace. He was atrocious last year but what do you expect when you play every other week at left back or right back.

It goes under the radar but last 6 games or so of last year he was one of our best players. Really good tonight as well yet 90% will never give him any credit.

Yes I know he is no world beater and shouldn't be first choice but he gets a rough time from many fans, whilst other 'big names' escape any criticism! One positive from tonight's shambles I guess.

I do think it's about time some of us recognised Kyle Naughton for what he is , a decent defensive right back . Well done to Naughton for yet another good game.

Naughton should start our league games, he is the best there until Walker comes back.

I do think it's about time some of us recognised Kyle Naughton for what he is , a decent defensive right back . Well done to Naughton for yet another good game.
I've said that for quite some time! As long as he plays RIGHT back he's a good PL defender. Not really a threat going forward, but I think that's just fine. He's seldom caught out of position. He's got got situational awareness and. Good game!

Played really well in a very solid defensive line yesterday, well done to him, hope he continues and improves

Exactly,prefer him to Dier there. He's solid, no frills but always feel comfortable with him playing RB...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

He's a neat and tidy player at right-back, and very useful for our squad.

Agreed he had a good game and is a really useful squad option. The unfortunate thing is though that he will likely be off next summer once Yedlin arrives and Walker returns to fitness.

Agreed he had a good game and is a really useful squad option. The unfortunate thing is though that he will likely be off next summer once Yedlin arrives and Walker returns to fitness.

Or alternatively he has a superb season, Walker doesnt come back well and Walker is the one we cash in on, who knows in footie

Back