• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kneejerk Pool of the weekl: Tim Sherwood - for or against?

Tim Sherwood as coach : YAY or NAY ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My big wish for the remainder of the season is that Deadwood gets sacked on 27 February after Ramos' Dnipro hammer us.

Strange. My biggest wish when the club has appointed a manager that I have had doubts about has been to be proved wrong and for the team to succeed.

Sherwood took over responsibility for the youth set up when Harry left. Obviously there has been a lot of good work on the youth set up for a number of years but that should not detract from Sherwood's involvement recently.

But youth team is a long game. Townsend has been at the club more than a decade, so the credit doesn't really belong to the guy in charge for the last 15 months. Sherwood's fruits will bear (or not) more in a couple of years' time.

I'm not sure about the structure, but I also thought McDermott was Sherwood's (and previously Inglethorpe's) boss - i.e. the head of the academy came above the U21 team coach?

Strange. My biggest wish when the club has appointed a manager that I have had doubts about has been to be proved wrong and for the team to succeed.

There's a difference between coming from a position of doubt and one of hostility.

Short-term pain for long-term gain is my matra for the next few weeks/months now. Boing boing baggies...

But youth team is a long game. Townsend has been at the club more than a decade, so the credit doesn't really belong to the guy in charge for the last 15 months. Sherwood's fruits will bear (or not) more in a couple of years' time.

I'm not sure about the structure, but I also thought McDermott was Sherwood's (and previously Inglethorpe's) boss - i.e. the head of the academy came above the U21 team coach?

There's a difference between coming from a position of doubt and one of hostility.

Short-term pain for long-term gain is my matra for the next few weeks/months now. Boing boing baggies...

Sherwood job title was technical co-ordinator not U21 coach, although he had direct responsibility for the U21s. He oversaw the entire youth set up as in that role which is why we saw him being named as someone who would work with Baldini when he arrived rather than McDermott. McDermott is the academy manager.

I find it strange that you maintain your entirely negative stance on Sherwood when most of the accusations that you have made about him on here have either been shown to be wrong or there enough questions asked to make them impossible to prove.

I'm boycotting going to WHL and giving any money to the club.

A ludicrous stance to take from a supposed Spurs fan. Not wanting the team to win is just stupid no matter what your personal feelings are toward Sherwood.

I voted 'yay' -- I think he'll give us a lift, and that we will do better this season than we would have had we kept AVB. Just a feeling really. We'll soon find out whether he's an inspired choice or a f**king disaster!

What is the point of this thread. We already have one of Tim Sherwood. If you want a general impression what people think of the appointment then look through it!

I will vote no. The guy is a chancer and playing with no holding midfielder shows he just wants to make a name for himself with no long term objective. Lets see what he does away to Man U. I'm shocked that there is more of you lot voting for him, either your all drunk or couldn't care less anymore.

Last edited:
I will vote no. The guy is a chancer and palying with no holding midfielder shows he just wants to mamke a name for himself with no long term objective. Lets see what he does away to Man U. I'm shocked that there is more of you lot voting for him, either your all drunk or couldn't care less anymore.

Agree. What we need is a decent coach - we have the players, just need a tactician/coach to organise them and drill them in playing a certain way. Tim Sherwood is definitely not that

If this is going to be a proper knee-jerk poll, shouldn't we be able to change our vote after every match?

Back