• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kings rule

Game 5 could have easily won by Phoenix. Let's just forget about the aggression, I think a neutral would agree that both teams fought hard and sometimes during the heat of the moment, certain hits or even post match comments could become overboard. Hopefully, this best season for both LA and Phoenix in a longwhile is just the first of many.

Kings now get a few extra days to recover, the earliest NJ or NYR could finish their series would be 25 May, giving Kings a min of 3 extra days of rest.

NJ got 3-0 in the first 10min (and first few shots) of Game 5, what happened to the Swedish King? NYR got back to 2-3 and they have the 3rd period to keep their home ice advantage. I hope NJ would win, Smith just proved how a good nettender could steal playoff games for his team.

Go Devils!!! into the stanly Cup Finals and even as a 6th seed they have home rink advantage. Lets hope they can stop this tear up the Kings are on and get off to a good start in the series.

Nine road wins...Game 1 won by Kings

NJD played like NYR, blocking dozens of shots, tight encounter with a lucky OT breakaway winner

3-0 lead and just the 16th win to go. But somehow I still think Kings might lose it a home and got their amazing road streak broken in Game 5...and at 3-2, anything could happen...e.g. an illegal curved stick...

3-0 lead and just the 16th win to go. But somehow I still think Kings might lose it a home and got their amazing road streak broken in Game 5...and at 3-2, anything could happen...e.g. an illegal curved stick...

A man with an eye to the future ;) as a Devils fan I am at least glad they have won a game. To be 3-0 down after two OT losses and an away win was harsh on them for their level of play. With the next game back at New Jersey I would hope they can pick up a win on their own rink and as you say, at 3-2 anything could happen. But it would be unbelievable for a team to come back from 3-0 down and win the finals.

GAME SIX, FINAL SCORES:

KINGS SIX - DEVILS ONE

nerves? what nerves? :-D

View attachment 694
It was the most tense series for Kings this season, and I do think their overall team strength wins it. Even if there might be some controversies along the way, it's only a matters of how many extra games it would take, but the outcome is justified.

Last edited:
Fair play to the Kings, best team won.

Yeah fair do's, they deserved it and have been the best team in the playoffs. Im glad the Devils put up a fight, just wish they could have knicked one of those OT games at home in the first two. But thats all if's and maybe's.

Back