• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Credit to him today, a couple of unbelievable crosses from a bouncing ball. Unlucky for him that Walker is so important for us, but he is a more than capable replacement.

He isn't a patch on Walker defensively but games like today that isnt important

My biggest and perhaps only problem with Poch is that he does not use his squad as well as he could. Walker might be our best right back but with Tripper I think he should be playing about 15-20 games a season. When you consider how much work our fullbacks do I think him and davies should get more game time.

My biggest and perhaps only problem with Poch is that he does not use his squad as well as he could. Walker might be our best right back but with Tripper I think he should be playing about 15-20 games a season. When you consider how much work our fullbacks do I think him and davies should get more game time.

He played all the away CL games and Poch recently came out and said he would have played more if he hadn't had trouble with his new born baby

He played all the away CL games and Poch recently came out and said he would have played more if he hadn't had trouble with his new born baby

then do what moses did and send the baby down the river in a basket

* I might be getting my biblical l(make believe stories mixed up) and it might be a bit of an over reaction to a player I think should be playing more.

then do what moses did and send the baby down the knitting blog in a basket

* I might be getting my biblical l(make believe stories mixed up) and it might be a bit of an over reaction to a player I think should be playing more.

Trippier is made for these games for me

He isn't IMO made for Chelsea for example

He will get games and has already played in 9 games at half way stage (including cups)

Not saying he should play everyone but he is a very viable option against anyone apart from our Top 6 opponents.
Just don't want him facing Sanchez, De Bruyne, Mane, Sane, Coutinho, Martial, Hazard, Willian et al.

I think hes a better choice right back, than Kyke Walker, against lower end teams. Trippier' crossing is above the level of Walker's, as demonstrated today. Trippier can provide good service from the wing, creating a multitude of chances that Alli, Kane, et al will thrive on.

Very good game against a poor side, he is nowhere near as good as Walker and as others have said against the weaker sides he stands out.

Fair point, i guess Poch sees Walker as the better player and why he is picked instead of Trippier.
Oh of course, but I don't think anyone can suggest he only does it against the smaller sides when he never gets picked for the big games. What a great backup he is, hope he does get more competitive game time as he's easily good enough to be playing and would be nice to rest Walker a little more....

Oh of course, but I don't think anyone can suggest he only does it against the smaller sides when he never gets picked for the big games. What a great backup he is, hope he does get more competitive game time as he's easily good enough to be playing and would be nice to rest Walker a little more....

From what i have seen of him i agree he is a very good backup, but he does not seem as good on the defence as Walker so it stands to reason that against the better sides Walker is chosen ahead of him.

From what i have seen of him i agree he is a very good backup, but he does not seem as good on the defence as Walker so it stands to reason that against the better sides Walker is chosen ahead of him.
Indeed. But remember a time when everyone was saying Walker was poor defensively. He's worked hard and added consistency to his game,unfortunately Trippier will never have the chance to improve defensively without a real run in the team. Anyway, a nice option for Poch to have during a busy period...

Back