• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get us

Re: The Sun... And their anti spurs agenda

In the last five years the media in general have got ridiculous, print what they want truth or not and get away with it.

Well "get away with it" is to be questioned with half of the boardroom of news international looking at jail time.

The sports journos haven't been caught doing anything illegal like tapping footballer's phones etc, but their moral and professional standards are as low!

Re: The Sun... And their anti spurs agenda

Well "get away with it" is to be questioned with half of the boardroom of news international looking at jail time.

The sports journos haven't been caught doing anything illegal like tapping footballer's phones etc, but their moral and professional standards are as low!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...id-press-ran-campaign-against-footballer.html

http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Witness-Statement-of-Graham-Shear.pdf

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15832646

http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp.../11/Witness-Statement-of-Sheryl-Gascoigne.pdf

Its not the papers that i worry about, its the fools who believe everything they read thats the problem.

Its not the papers that i worry about, its the fools who believe everything they read thats the problem.

As part of a footballing discussion this is obviously not particularly serious. On a larger scale though the papers and the media are certainly worth worrying about.

The kind of scepticism I think is needed to somewhat accurately evaluate what is being presented in the media is far from common, and has only a very small correlation with intelligence as far as I understand it. As long as societies continue to fail to impart that knowledge to the people then there will be many "fools".

And even if you're not a fool that believe everything you read there are plenty of ways media bias can be influential on people's beliefs and opinions.

It's not the media it's the Premiership who've got it in for us. 3 home starts in the last 12 years anything they can do to help Woolwich

This isn't a media hates us thread. It's an are we stupid for thinking the media hates us thread.

On talksort a week or so ago...Micky Quin I think it was said...why on Earth would Bale want to stay at a club like Spurs if Real
are coming for him..reapeating..seriously why would he stop at a club like Spurs...
Now if Bale or his Family are listening in on this...and there is a posibilty someone who knows Bale will..
What is that putting over to him?

To me its clear..were just small fry..or worse..were not worth fcuk all!

No the media can definately have a big say in football situations and football politics.........

On talksort a week or so ago...Micky Quin I think it was said...why on Earth would Bale want to stay at a club like Spurs if Real
are coming for him..reapeating..seriously why would he stop at a club like Spurs...
Now if Bale or his Family are listening in on this...and there is a posibilty someone who knows Bale will..
What is that putting over to him?

To me its clear..were just small fry..or worse..were not worth fcuk all!

No the media can definately have a big say in football situations and football politics.........

Why would anyone take anything said on Talksport seriously?

Why would anyone take anything said on Talksport seriously?

Oh come on.....How many people listen to Talksport...No 1 football station isnt it!

are the presenters all stupid?

No..but they are ready to use their own biased slant on things...

What Micky Quin said was disgusting...that was biased bial...but he was allowed to get away with it.........

Back