• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

judas

I think he keeps going on about it because he DOES still feel guilt about it. The lady doth protest too much and all that

I was eleven when that happened. Preparing for my third season supporting Spurs, full of hope, and joy, and simple wonder. I didn't understand the concept of running down your contract, or leaving on a free. I just believed the player and captain that I adored when he said he wouldn't leave. Then when he said he was staying. Then when he said he would never join Arsenal.

And then, on a fine, sunny day, he did.

And all I've heard from him since is sneering and bluster.

fudge him. He broke my heart that day, and the hearts of thousands of Tottenham fans who had put their faith in him and roared his name from the terraces. He deserves no respect. I don't want him to die of an STD. I don't want him to die an early death, or suffer an injury. I merely wish that that guilty feeling, that hangdog look of shame he tries so shamelessly to hide when he angrily excoriates us for daring to disapprove of him, I wish that feeling sticks with him for the rest of his life, and torments him right till the day he dies.

I know that feeling of horror, and despair, the one that forever ruined the innocence of football for me on that sunny day in 2001, that will never go away. It'll always be there somewhere in my heart. So why should he be absolved of his burden, when so many of us still have to carry ours?

Campbell is the worst kind of selfish, moany clam. Everything always has to be about him. If he hasn't been in the papers for a while, he has to pipe up and re-open old wounds. He's forever lamenting, "poor me" and expects everyone else to agree - "poor him".

Attention seeking, munchausens freak.

Why does he keep crying about it? He's won medals galore, played lots of times for England and is probably worth about ?ú40m. In his mind, he's done nothing wrong, hence why I can't forgive him. If he showed even the slightest bit of remorse or admitted that he handled it hastily, then I might understand, but until then, fudge OFF!!!!!

he keeps crying about it because it is all anyone really remembers him for.

countless England caps
league titles, fa cups etc etc

yet the primary thing he will be remembered for, until the end of his life is that he is the guy that left Tottenham to go to Arsenal in such a disgraceful manner.

c#nt

To call Teddy Sheringham a judas is one thing, but to say he was a bigger judas than Sol Campbell?

:ross: :ross:

Sheringham was the last 20-league-goals-a-season striker we have had. We are still searching for another striker who can score 20 league goals since then. We saved him from oscurity at Nottingham Forest, nurtured him into a top goal scorer and stood by him when he got many long term injuries. But as soon as he got over his injury problems, he fecked us off by joining ManU. That for me is a bigger betrayal than what Campbell did. In fact, I am convinced Campbell got influenced by Sheringham to move to a trophy-winning team. We shouldn't have bought Sheringham back. When you are ready to forgive and buy back players who have betrayed you, that will only encourage the other players to do the same. That's exactly what Campbell did.

Sheringham was the last 20-league-goals-a-season striker YOU have had. YOU are still searching for another striker who can score 20 league goals since then. YOU saved him from oscurity at Nottingham Forest, nurtured him into a top goal scorer and stood by him when he got many long term injuries. But as soon as he got over his injury problems, he fecked YOU off by joining ManU. That for me is a bigger betrayal than what Campbell did. In fact, I am convinced Campbell got influenced by Sheringham to move to a trophy-winning team. YOU shouldn't have bought Sheringham back. When you are ready to forgive and buy back players who have betrayed you, that will only encourage the other players to do the same. That's exactly what Campbell did.

Corrected, from authors point of view

You can change nearly everything in life, your wife, job, house, country you live in, but you can never change your team.

He was supposed to be Spurs, he understands. Hope it does eat him up.

got really angry when i saw he was on newsnight at the end of last year discussing the blatter comments (i think). could hardly think of a less appropriate person they could have chosen. the abuse he got was nothing to do with racism

is it true that no club has ever paid a transfer fee for him ?

got really angry when i saw he was on newsnight at the end of last year discussing the blatter comments (i think). could hardly think of a less appropriate person they could have chosen. the abuse he got was nothing to do with racism

He didn't say that it did in that interview

The guy is a fudging joke. Realises now that he's not welcome at ANY of his former clubs, why? Because he stitched them all up, in one way or another. The blokes a clam! He's just an ex-footballer craving attention, missing the lime-light, and the only attention he can get is when he accuses us of being mean to the poor little footballer who was just doing his job. fudge off back to you mansion and count your money, you clam. Lonely when no-one gives a brick, isn't it?

The issues was that we paid ?ú6m to replace him with the 31 year old Sir Les

I think in the long run it saved us money because it is the deal that made levy stop spending that sort of money on old players. Even remembered levy talking about the ferdinand deal in interviews as to why we did not spend big and why he wanted younger players with resale value. I felt it a little unfair on ferdinand who always tried his best for us, but we were a very different side to the one that he was playing in at Saudi Sportswashing Machine just before he came to us.

Sheringham was the last 20-league-goals-a-season striker we have had. We are still searching for another striker who can score 20 league goals since then. We saved him from oscurity at Nottingham Forest, nurtured him into a top goal scorer and stood by him when he got many long term injuries. But as soon as he got over his injury problems, he fecked us off by joining ManU. That for me is a bigger betrayal than what Campbell did. In fact, I am convinced Campbell got influenced by Sheringham to move to a trophy-winning team. We shouldn't have bought Sheringham back. When you are ready to forgive and buy back players who have betrayed you, that will only encourage the other players to do the same. That's exactly what Campbell did.

Load of gonad*s.

What Sheringham did was nothing like what Campbell did.

- Sheringham didn't spend two years lying about signing a new contract that he never had any intention of signing.
- Sheringham didn't promise that his "bond with Spurs fans will never be broken" while holding secret talks with Arsenal.
- Sheringham didn't leave on a free, thereby denying Spurs a potential ?ú20 million transfer fee while lining his own pockets instead.
- Sheringham didn't walk around the pitch at WHL after the last game of the season, soaking up the crowd's adoration, fully in the knowledge that he was about to stick the knife in our backs.
- Sheringham didn't join Spurs' bitter local rivals.

And guess what................Campbell did do all those things.

What Teddy did was have a row with Alan Sugar. After the brief period of progress during the Klinsmann season, Spurs had gone backwards. Teddy knew it. We all knew it. Teddy wanted what we all wanted - for the club to show some ambition and to start competing properly again. And he said as much to Sugar. Sugar's response, as per usual, was to throw his toys out of the pram. As a consequence of Teddy's show of dissent, Sugar told Teddy that he could leave and immediately accepted the offer from Man Utd. Sheringham hadn't demanded a move but it was hardly surprising, in the circumstances, that he readily accepted.

If we had had a proper chairman at the time, there is no way that Teddy would have left. There is no way that he would have wanted to.

If Teddy was guilty of anything, it was only that he said a few harsh words about Spurs' lack of ambition soon after he joined Utd. That's why he was booed on his return. But, in fact, he was only articulating what every other Spurs fan thought at the time. That's why the majority of Spurs fans never blamed him for joining Man Utd and why even those that did soon tired of booing him and soon forgave him - other than you, obviously.

Oh, and by the way, we most certainly didn't pluck Teddy from obscurity and save his career. He was playing for Nottingham Forest, who were still managed by Brian Clough and still a force to be reckoned with. If Spurs hadn't signed him, another top club definitely would have.

In short, you don't half talk a load of brick at times, fella.

P.S. One other thing - I don't know of a single Spurs fan who, at the time, would have blamed Campbell for leaving. He was too good for us and he deserved to be playing for a team that stood a chance of winning silverware. If he had left in the right manner and gone to any team other than Arsenal (or Chelsea, I suppose), we would have been very sad but we would have understood and he would have gone with our blessing. Who knows, he might well have returned, welcomed like a hero, to play for Spurs again later in his career - just as Teddy did.

But he left on a free. To Arsenal. Having lied to the fans for two years. And he never once conceded that he might have brought the hate upon himself. Nor has he ever hinted at offering an apology for what he did.

Last edited:
Back