• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

JT - Captain. Leader. Legend. Qunt

Re: John Terry retires from England duty

Suarez got eight.

If I remember correctly from the Suarez report, the standard ban is two matches for abuse, plus two for the racial aspect, with pluses and minuses for other factors. Suarez repeated his abuse several times, while Terry only said it once. So this seems about right, although it will give Liverpool fans a new crusade.

I don't remember the Suarez fine, but the Terry one seems high. But if he gives a couple of tours of Stamford Bridge a day while banned he'll be alright.

Suarez got eight.

If I remember correctly from the Suarez report, the standard ban is two matches for abuse, plus two for the racial aspect, with pluses and minuses for other factors. Suarez repeated his abuse several times, while Terry only said it once. So this seems about right, although it will give Liverpool fans a new crusade.

I don't remember the Suarez fine, but the Terry one seems high. But if he gives a couple of tours of Stamford Bridge a day while banned he'll be alright.

Suarez was fined £40k

Suarez was fined £40k

Thanks.

I don't quite see how he gets a shorter suspension and bigger fine. If the offence was considered less, then he should get a smaller fine as well as shorter suspension.

So The FA are above a court of law?

No.

The FA tribunals operate on the same basis as employment tribunals or civil courts. The use a balance of probability standard, i.e. he is probably guilty.

In the criminal trial the judge said he thought Terry's story was unlikely, but he couldn't exclude it by beyond all reasonable doubt. So Terry was found not guilty by the criminal court standard. The judge effectively said he would have found him guilty on the civil standard.

He will be able to play until he either accepts the guilty verdict, completes an appeal process or the 14-day deadline for an appeal expires.

should have been more, utter joke. Disgusting player and always has been

Suarez used the N word.

Can we legally call Terry a racist now?

What a fudging joke. Joey Barton got 12 games for what?

Take a fudging stand and get this horrible brick out of our game.

Back