• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Maybe, but most young players do not always get to play where they want at first do they. My point was that when i saw players like Winks, Skipp etc makes their debue you can see that they have ability, i did/have not seen that for Onomah here, that does not mean he never will show it though..

Very true but they have only played CM

He was rightly acclaimed all across the media for his outstanding performances in helping England win the U19s WC but for some reason he has failed to progress since.

Of course many will say such an achievement at youth level means very little and only a few ever go on to make it in real men's football. But for me he is a special talent that has lost his way.

If anyone is going to get him back on track it has to be Poch.

For that reason alone I believe there is still hope.

He was rightly acclaimed all across the media for his outstanding performances in helping England win the U19s WC but for some reason he has failed to progress since.

Of course many will say such an achievement at youth level means very little and only a few ever go on to make it in real men's football. But for me he is a special talent that has lost his way.

If anyone is going to get him back on track it has to be Poch.

For that reason alone I believe there is still hope.

Noticed that Onomah still has the same pinned tweet from 2 years ago, hopefully Pochettino can become as much of a father figure to him as Ehiogu was...

CD7DC571-D64D-4A85-91FC-629E22E28A09.jpeg

I truly believe that considering what Poch has done for Sissoko, he could turn this kid into a player for us because I think the kid definitely has the potential, he just needs the right teacher

Sounds like it'll only be reactivated if he hasn't sufficiently recovered in time, otherwise he's going back to Brucie.
I was thinking it might be linked to transfer activity and Wanyama.
Wanyama is in reconditioning and Dier is back. Plus Winks,Sissoko (depending on his return) and Skipp is enough for midfield.

It's just January we are thread bare.

But three weeks is also plenty of time for Wanyama to break again if his injury is as chronic as feared.

I truly believe that considering what Poch has done for Sissoko, he could turn this kid into a player for us because I think the kid definitely has the potential, he just needs the right teacher
Poch only improves players who have the right attitude. Sissoko clearly did have, always hard working even when not a regular in the team. There’s no doubting Onomah has some potential, but his attitude is probably what has held him back....

Steve Bruce is now manager at Onomah's loan club, Sheff Wed. Was a season long loan so was guessing he'll return on recovering from injury.

Possible that Bruce does not want him back of course, if so that would look not look good for Josh given he thought so highly of him when they were both at Villa.

Winks played left midfield /attacking midfield in his first few appearances.
You could immediately see his calmness, maturity and football brain. He just looked comfortable at this level.

If he did I don’t remember those games to be honest

I do remember seeing Onomah playing wide right for us and looking lost

I have also seen Onomah play CM and boss games within his age group and also for villa

Poch only improves players who have the right attitude. Sissoko clearly did have, always hard working even when not a regular in the team. There’s no doubting Onomah has some potential, but his attitude is probably what has held him back....
Also I imagine Sissoko's physical performance stats are fairly impressive. He seems to have exceptional athleticism. Poch seems to like "busy" players. Winks and Skipp are similar in that way. I am not sure whether Onomah is that type of player or not, but what I've seen suggests possibly not.

Winks played left midfield /attacking midfield in his first few appearances.
You could immediately see his calmness, maturity and football brain. He just looked comfortable at this level.
I know someone else mentioned this before as well but I’ve never seen Winks play anywhere but CM for us.

I know he's been on loan a bit but Poch (ie the teacher) has been here ages...so he obviously is struggling with Josh. Unless you're saying Poch isn't the right teacher? :eek::)

Also I imagine Sissoko's physical performance stats are fairly impressive. He seems to have exceptional athleticism. Poch seems to like "busy" players. Winks and Skipp are similar in that way. I am not sure whether Onomah is that type of player or not, but what I've seen suggests possibly not.

He certainly was a youth CM
He was everywhere in the games I saw
As a wide player he looked dog sheet though

The thing I've never quite understood was that there was something about Onomah that mean Poch gave him a lot of pitch time considering his age, so he must have been showing some outstanding attitude or ability in training with our first team but from what I saw of him (admittedly in attacking midfield roles) I saw nothing in attitude or ability that made me think he would even be a squad player for us.

The thing I've never quite understood was that there was something about Onomah that mean Poch gave him a lot of pitch time considering his age, so he must have been showing some outstanding attitude or ability in training with our first team but from what I saw of him (admittedly in attacking midfield roles) I saw nothing in attitude or ability that made me think he would even be a squad player for us.

Can’t argue with any of that
He looked like a boy lost playing wise

Back