• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Have you seen our form? Have you seen our team? We are struggling against the worst teams in the league. Even if those above us drop points I have zero confidence in us capitalising at the moment. People up until recently were considering the possibility of ya catching Leicester!

Ya? Who do you follow again?

This season is finished when it comes to CL qualification. We are not good enough. The only purpose the remaining games serve is to give Mourinho more of an idea of what he’s got and what needs to change.

I’ve reconciled myself to that. I have zero expectations until May.

Sadly this. I've become a bit entitled because I'm massively frustrated we aren't top 4. "If only we'd beaten Brighton. If only we'd beaten Chelsea. If only we'd beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If only Aurier's goal stood at Leicester". All valid but fact of the matter is that we haven't been good enough and we've been punching above our weight for a while. This is our season like Liverpool, United, The Scum, Chelsea have all had in the time we've been ever-present in the CL. It f**king stings but we aren't getting there and we can have no complaints about it.

I'm not encouraged by what I've seen from Jose. The style of football is horrible and the results have been pretty ordinary. However, we've gone for him so we have to back him. He's doing the job with someone else's squad and has lost the best elements of it (Eriksen/Kane/Son which in turn has neutered Alli as he isn't playing where he is most effective). He absolutely deserves a summer and pre-season to see what he can do. He isn't absolved of all responsibility for recent results but he is entitled to time in my book.

I f**king hate football right now. We aren't a good watch and we aren't getting results. It's not enjoyable but I wouldn't quite liken it to Tactics Tim's season because I have some hope with Mourinho. It's just 6 months away.

he had plenty of time and plenty of money, he didn't get the performance from the players he did buy and quickly gave up on most of them, he fudged it

even sherwood didn't do as much damage as Poch, who inherited a squad that had finished in the top 5 in 4 of the previous 5 seasons, twice top 4 lets not forget

we were no better under Poch than we were under AVB imo, we were fudging great under both of them when everyone was doing their job properly, the main difference was the strength of the teams around us
Poch had plenty of time and money? He had £5 million a year net until this summer and then got no time with his 3 new signings (2 of which were injured and 1 clearly unfit) before being sacked.

AVB had us 5th and then falling away the following season looking far worse on the pitch than the season before (I think we were in 7th when he was sacked). He wasn't anywhere near as good as Poch for us. AVB did more damage to us than anyone (taking a top 4 team and regressing it). Sherwood made things no better or worse than AVB (well maybe marginally better as at least the football was longer sleep inducing). Poch raised the bar so much for us that qualifying for the CL became an expectation as opposed to something that was considered a massive achievement.

Last edited:
Sadly this. I've become a bit entitled because I'm massively frustrated we aren't top 4. "If only we'd beaten Brighton. If only we'd beaten Chelsea. If only we'd beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If only Aurier's goal stood at Leicester". All valid but fact of the matter is that we haven't been good enough and we've been punching above our weight for a while. This is our season like Liverpool, United, The Scum, Chelsea have all had in the time we've been ever-present in the CL. It f**king stings but we aren't getting there and we can have no complaints about it.

I'm not encouraged by what I've seen from Jose. The style of football is horrible and the results have been pretty ordinary. However, we've gone for him so we have to back him. He's doing the job with someone else's squad and has lost the best elements of it (Eriksen/Kane/Son which in turn has neutered Alli as he isn't playing where he is most effective). He absolutely deserves a summer and pre-season to see what he can do. He isn't absolved of all responsibility for recent results but he is entitled to time in my book.

I f**king hate football right now. We aren't a good watch and we aren't getting results. It's not enjoyable but I wouldn't quite liken it to Tactics Tim's season because I have some hope with Mourinho. It's just 6 months away.
Can’t find a clap emoji
But I’m clapping I promise

The season we brought no one was when it started going wrong

Liverpool kicked on, we went backwards

I’m slightly concerned about the summerwindow. Linked with the likes of Foster and Matic ? Not knocking them just should we not be looking for younger talents. Not the come do a job for a season type signing.

Hopefully just papers rubbish.

The way we surrendered possession to Norwich last night is embarrassing . Last 15 minutes when we got on the front foot we looked good. This has happened a few times now. If Jose is all he’s cracked up to be part of me thinks he should recognise that we look better playing that way. Nope extra time we just sunk back into our defensive shape.

Yep, despite all his good early work Poch really fudged us.

It'll take a while even for someone as good as Mourinho to fix that brick.
But it was only, what? 3 months ago that you were saying we had the 2nd best squad in the league (and that was before signing Bergwjin and Gedson). Why does it take so long for a manager to get a tune out of the second best squad in the league? Why does the second best squad in the league need to be set up to sit back and defend against the bottom team in the PL?

Reactions: DTA
Annoyingly if we'd beaten Chelsea and Wolves (2 winnable games) we'd only be 4 points behind Leicester and talking about the fight for 3rd place. So it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility but losing Son and Kane has killed it now.
And if we'd won all our games since the start of the season we'd be about 10 points ahead of Liverpool

We were never anywhere near beating Chelsea.... that game was men against boys. Wolves was reasonably even I guess and a draw would've been about fair (as it would've in the away game really so both us and Wolves are a point better off than we deserved from the two games).

I agree with most of this. Unfortunately we do have to give Jose time (although I expect him to get sacked in the second half of next season with us nowhere near the business end of the table and having fallen out with at least half of the squad). From what I have seen so far I'm not sure I have any more hope under Mourinho than tactics Tim. Tim improved the football from AVB's reign. Mourinho has made ours worse.

I’m slightly concerned about the summerwindow. Linked with the likes of Foster and Matic ? Not knocking them just should we not be looking for younger talents. Not the come do a job for a season type signing.

Hopefully just papers rubbish.

The way we surrendered possession to Norwich last night is embarrassing . Last 15 minutes when we got on the front foot we looked good. This has happened a few times now. If Jose is all he’s cracked up to be part of me thinks he should recognise that we look better playing that way. Nope extra time we just sunk back into our defensive shape.

I’d take Foster in a heartbeat as back up.

he had plenty of time and plenty of money, he didn't get the performance from the players he did buy and quickly gave up on most of them, he fudged it

even sherwood didn't do as much damage as Poch, who inherited a squad that had finished in the top 5 in 4 of the previous 5 seasons, twice top 4 lets not forget

we were no better under Poch than we were under AVB imo, we were fudging great under both of them when everyone was doing their job properly, the main difference was the strength of the teams around us

Our definitions of “great” must differ hugely. Having us in 5th place with no tactics other than give it to Bale isn’t my definition of great. It was par at best. We then wasted a large chunk of the money we received for Bale, the only value for money purchases being Eriksen and Chadli. Took us years to recover from that!

I agree to an extent Poch is partially responsible for the mess we are in now, he’s the one who spent £40m on a defender (Sanchez) who is perhaps the only ex Ajax player who is not good on the ball. He also didn’t know how to handle contract rebels other than benching them and pretending they don’t exist. There’s plenty I’d blame to go around though tbh. Would help if we raise the wage bill above 39% compared to turnover and in line with the rest of the big 6. Getting deals done earlier would also help. I want Levy and Enic to do better just as I would want the manager and the players to improve.

Our definitions of “great” must differ hugely. Having us in 5th place with no tactics other than give it to Bale isn’t my definition of great. It was par at best. We then wasted a large chunk of the money we received for Bale, the only value for money purchases being Eriksen and Chadli. Took us years to recover from that!

I agree to an extent Poch is partially responsible for the mess we are in now, he’s the one who spent £40m on a defender (Sanchez) who is perhaps the only ex Ajax player who is not good on the ball. He also didn’t know how to handle contract rebels other than benching them and pretending they don’t exist. There’s plenty I’d blame to go around though tbh. Would help if we raise the wage bill above 39% compared to turnover and in line with the rest of the big 6. Getting deals done earlier would also help. I want Levy and Enic to do better just as I would want the manager and the players to improve.

Obviously we disagree on how great AVB is ;)

I take the other points you make, although I think the wage bill % is too much of a blanket stat that covers issues elsewhere, the recruitment process* and the coaching/integration efforts once players have signed. I think it's also pointless to compare our exposures level to the rest of the big 6 as none of them have the same requirement for financial responsibility that we do.

Obviously we disagree on how great AVB is ;)

I take the other points you make, although I think the wage bill % is too much of a blanket stat that covers issues elsewhere, the recruitment process* and the coaching/integration efforts once players have signed. I think it's also pointless to compare our exposures level to the rest of the big 6 as none of them have the same requirement for financial responsibility that we do.
Ignore the big 6.... We have the lowest wage to turnover ratio in the whole PL.

But it was only, what? 3 months ago that you were saying we had the 2nd best squad in the league (and that was before signing Bergwjin and Gedson). Why does it take so long for a manager to get a tune out of the second best squad in the league? Why does the second best squad in the league need to be set up to sit back and defend against the bottom team in the PL?
Morale and attitude. They can turn for the worse in days or weeks but even those of us who excel at it can take months to return it to a decent level.

Back