• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Sherwood … it doesn't always work you could have referenced Ole, Poyet, Neville et al who were lauded as great players but not what is needed. Besides Lampard has a long long way to go.

I was thinking more about next generation beyond Sherwood's (while accepting that it probably works in only a minority of cases).

Time to buckle up, folks. Jose is the new man in charge. No need to whinge anymore about it. So many drama queens on twitter now it's getting a bit ridiculous. Life goes on.

THIS! I didn't want Poch to leave, but what's happened has happened. It is what it is, and Jose deserves our backing now. He has the pedigree and the experience, and knows the PL inside out. It can't get much worse than it was until now, result wise.
I'm curious too see how this pans out. It won't be boring with Jose in charge, that's for sure.

Mou's song.

To the tune of Come on Eileen

Come on, Mou, oh I swear (what he means)
At this moment*, you mean everything

[i.e. until you self-destruct and storm out of the club)

PS could even get some Too ra loo ra too ra loo rye ayes in there...somewhere..

But unlike what he has done in previous experiences, the 'new' Mourinho will bet on young players. Plataforma knows the Special One wants to sign a few experienced footballers, such as Manchester United's Matic. But the focus will be on young players, such as Sporting Lisbon's Bruno Fernandes (which Tottenham tried to sign before) and SL Benfica's central defender Rúben Dias.
I would be absolutely delighted with those three. I was trying to think of an experienced defensive minded midfielder that we might be able to pick up for a lowish fee, didn’t realise he was coming to the end of his contract. Him in the middle of N’Dombele and Lo Celso in a midfield three of a 4-3-3 or with Winks in the 2 of the 4-2-3-1 could work really well IMO.

matic???
Way way past it now IMO
We need mobile players in the modern game

Sherwood … it doesn't always work you could have referenced Ole, Poyet, Neville et al who were lauded as great players but not what is needed. Besides Lampard has a long long way to go.
Sherwood would need to have A. Been a great player and B. A great for us. He was neither so no idea why you mention him in comparison to Lampard. King would be far more comparable or even Mason depending on how his coaching career develops.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Sherwood would need to have A. Been a great player and B. A great for us. He was neither so no idea why you mention him in comparison to Lampard. King would be far more comparable or even Mason depending on how his coaching career develops.

Yeah Mason is a good comparison and the fact that King has not once mentioned that he would want to be a manager …

Yeah Mason is a good comparison and the fact that King has not once mentioned that he would want to be a manager …
Can you imagine if King was somewhere right now coaching, the clamour from the fans for him to get the job would be immense. [emoji38]

Looking at the Chelsea team he won the league with in 2015, it seems it was most often

Courtois

Ivanovic
Terry
Cahill (/Zouma)
Azpilicueta (/Filipe Luis)

Fabregas
Matic
Ramires (/Oscar)

Willian (/Oscar)
Costa
Hazard

Not that I expect him to simply try and replicate that team with ours, I think its interesting that our squad marries up to that kind of team/balance pretty well.

The league cup final team, that beat us, was:
  • Cech
  • Ivanovic
  • Cahill
  • Terry
  • Azpilicueta
  • Ramires
  • Zouma
  • Fàbregas (Oscar)
  • Willian (Cuadrado)
  • Diego Costa (Drogba)
  • E Hazard
Obvious a classic Jose move of being more pragmatic in a big game. Our side was:

• Lloris
  • Walker
  • Dier
  • Vertonghen
  • Rose
  • Bentaleb
  • Mason (Lamela)
  • Townsend (Dembélé)
  • Eriksen
  • Chadli (Soldado)
  • Kane
Seems like a lot longer than 2015 we had the like of Bentaleb, Mason and Townsend in the side!

Back