• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

John Stones

Not comparing and contrasting... dier is a fine young player as well but I'd still be trying to sign stones but he will go to the money .. We had our chance when he left Barnsley and he choose Everton so our chance has gone in that respect .. If u asking me difference I think stones more accomplished on ball and quicker I think

That's what I was interested in, what makes him different

Good player, but I echo jimmyb. We have a long list of good CB's at the club and to be honest I don't think we could justify buying him even if we had a chance of the signing happening.

IMO stones def worth it .. If people could wind back clock would they have liked Spurs to have bid 15m for Rio when at West Ham ?? Stones going same way .. So composed tall fast great reader of game . Huge potential .. And in terms of been English in terms of home grown and all that another added advantage .. I'm just hoping Spurs get 4th at least this season coming and get bale and stones next summer lol... I know ... I know ...
He reminded me of Rio too, clearly very talented, could nutmeg a player, beat another... then the ball is robbed and his team concedes... so it is all a bit juvenile/risky, but he looks a big big talent who should go on to be the next Rio if he does the right things.

I've waited year after year for that clam JT to retire, I should have known they will just buy JT2, whatever the cost!

Why do we even have a thread for Stone in the Transfer Rumours? We are not linked with him, and even if we were we could never afford him and nor would he want to come to us. He will go to Chelscum next year for 40 million

Why do we even have a thread for Stone in the Transfer Rumours? We are not linked with him, and even if we were we could never afford him and nor would he want to come to us. He will go to Chelscum next year for 40 million

But we are Spurs, we should be able to buy who we want and if we do not/can not its Levys fault. ;)

If you read my original post you will see why.

I am just wishing we would put in a bid, which really in a sense is no different from the itk thread.

ruddy Chelski....thinking ahead Zouma & Stones could potentially be a formidable cb partnership.

ruddy Chelski....thinking ahead Zouma & Stones could potentially be a formidable cb partnership.
Or they might not turn out to be all that. Stalwarts like Terry are very very hard to find. IMO when the clam is eventually gone they will be weaker because of it no matter who they get.

Aside - I saw a bit of Everton/Arsenal today and Stones wasn't very good. I wouldn't read too much into that but there is a long way to go before he's ready to be Chelsea CB IMO

Or they might not turn out to be all that. Stalwarts like Terry are very very hard to find. IMO when the clam is eventually gone they will be weaker because of it no matter who they get.

Aside - I saw a bit of Everton/Arsenal today and Stones wasn't very good. I wouldn't read too much into that but there is a long way to go before he's ready to be Chelsea CB IMO

He got caught out a lot as did McCarthy but it's hardly a reputable tournament or game

If you read my original post you will see why.

I am just wishing we would put in a bid, which really in a sense is no different from the itk thread.

???????????? o_O

By the same token I could fill Transfer Rumours with a hundred new threads of players I wish we could bid for; problem is - just like Stone - they would all be pie in the sky!!!

I do not think Everton will sell him for less than £30m for the simple reason due to the fact there is no financial imperative to do so with the new tv contract about to kick in

We bid for Stones a couple of years back I am sure. If we'd got him then either Fazio or Dier would surely not be here.
Presently, as already said, there's no space for him with us

Not seen loads of him but when I do watch him he looks the closest thing to Rio Ferdinand I have seen, very class on the ball with ability to bring it forward and good decision making in choosing when to do it. He is a proper player in my view,

Not seen alot of Stone, how does he compare with Dier?

Both appear to be the future of English back line, both due to age/position can be inconsistent.

Dier that ended the season for us just edges Stone on the consistency, I have seen a couple of higher quality games from Stone where he looked amazing, but he also has had a few poor games and as part of a generally poor season for Everton.

Back