• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Gomez

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ing-Charltons-England-U17-star-Joe-Gomez.html

This kid is so good and going to be amazing. We really should be going for him now because in 2 seasons time he will be worth a fortune.

I have been talking up this kid for sometime, trust me he is that good.

If he is that good why is he not playing first team football for Charlton? It can't be because of his age as alot of "amazing" kids come through at this kind of age.

Yeah, but he qualifies for England through residency, so will be able to choose.
I think people are suggesting that he probably already has chosen. He has stated that he "is American" and has chosen to play with the USA youth set-up rather than England's. So while it's true that he is still within his rights to choose to play for England, the point is that it looks extremely unlikely that he will (so counting him as a future England CB seems unjustified for now).

I think people are suggesting that he probably already has chosen. He has stated that he "is American" and has chosen to play with the USA youth set-up rather than England's. So while it's true that he is still within his rights to choose to play for England, the point is that it looks extremely unlikely that he will (so counting him as a future England CB seems unjustified for now).

I didn't think it needed explaining - guess I was wrong!
Although I did hear Roy Hodgson is in favour of open door immigration for all non capped footballers

We probably would be if we didn't have Carter-Vickers.

Agreed.

I think part of our thinking with our now very strong looking academy players must be that we don't overload our development squad or first team squad with players. Of course signing very talented players is always at least fine, but I would like us to give youngsters like 2CV a path into the first team.

Essentially, we shouldn't be Chelsea/City and just have promising young players for the sake of it.

Back