• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Job hunting

SpursLodge

Nicola Berti
Looks like I'm going to be made redundant in the next few weeks so I'm back to job hunting.

I can't decide whether to look at getting into a big company or a smaller one. My last couple of rolls were with small and currently a medium sized business and I've found that I'm always waiting for someone to leave to move up a level, do larger places have more scope for promotion?

What would you guys recommend? Any tips for job hunting in general?

I'm an IT technician if that helps at all, probably 2nd/3rd line although I've never really been able to tell where the lines are.

Mate , i don't want to come across as a grammar or spelling nazi , but, as a manager and employer i really take notice of cv's and cover letters . You specify "rolls" , unless you are a baker then this should be "roles"

Attention to detail is vital i'm afraid .

Looks like I'm going to be made redundant in the next few weeks so I'm back to job hunting.

I can't decide whether to look at getting into a big company or a smaller one. My last couple of rolls were with small and currently a medium sized business and I've found that I'm always waiting for someone to leave to move up a level, do larger places have more scope for promotion?

What would you guys recommend? Any tips for job hunting in general?

I'm an IT technician if that helps at all, probably 2nd/3rd line although I've never really been able to tell where the lines are.

windows, os x, unix, linux?

Mate , i don't want to come across as a grammar or spelling nazi , but, as a manager and employer i really take notice of cv's and cover letters . You specify "rolls" , unless you are a baker then this should be "roles"

Attention to detail is vital i'm afraid .
D-, must try harder.

;)

Lower case i , accepted, no capital required no nazi (not using as a noun) , and cv's perfectly acceptable .

A-

So Barbarian gets a C+ (at best), I get a B-, Rich goes to the top of the class and SpursLodge still hasn't got a job.

Nice to feel I've contributed.

So Barbarian gets a C+ (at best), I get a B-, Rich goes to the top of the class and SpursLodge still hasn't got a job.

Nice to feel I've contributed.

Well that's not strictly true, went to an interview this afternoon and the chap has offered me the job.

It's with a small company, so if we can get back to the question in hand and let me know what you guys think to the pros and cons of taking a ROLE :lol: with a small vs large business.

I work for a big company now (10,000+ in UK and over 125K worldwide). Often wondered whether I would be happier somewhere smaller - obviously at a bigger company there is more opportunity but things are more regimented i.e. payrises once a year set at board level etc. With a smaller one you can probably get more into your role and stand out a lot more.

Back