• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

Tottenham Hotspur determined to land Southampton star Luke Shaw in January and will open bidding at £15m

11:24am Monday 30th September 2013 in Sport

Spurs will continue their summer sprending spree in January and have made Southampton left back Luke Shaw their top target.

Shaw has been on Tottenham's radar for more than a year and was high on their shortlist in the summer.

Due to lengthy negotiations with Real Madrid over Gareth Bale and Andre Villas-Boas' eagerness to have a player ready to play in the first team, Spurs pursued Fabio Coentrao instead.

However that deal is now thought to be unlikely given the player's wage demands and Tottenham have been impressed enough with Shaw's performances this season to make a significant bid in January.

Southampton are reluctant to let their prize asset leave but Spurs are thought to be ready to offer £15m while allowing Shaw to remain at St Mary's for the rest of the season.

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/sport/10706851._/?

This is the one that I want. Harsh on Rose but that's cricket.

I wonder if there will be a sell on clause!!!

15m?

Lol, I don't see that happening. Let's face it, as soon as anyone seriously goes for Him everyone else is going to pile in.

15m?

Lol, I don't see that happening. Let's face it, as soon as anyone seriously goes for Him everyone else is going to pile in.

Very true. Will be interesting to see if it's just English clubs after him or whether some big clubs abroad have any interest in the player.

I think Shaw will be far too expensive, so I'd rather take Ben Davies to compete with Rose. Then a CB who is pacy and strong in the air if Kaboul can't get fit.

Then I'd love us to wrap up Halilovic and a few more 'potential'-type creative signings to boost our attack. I really like the look of Pozuelo already - and conveniently, he can play on the left - but we probably have no shot in hell. If it's true we still have a 50m warchest, then we could go all out for the title by attempting for Reus, but that's a pipedream and a half :lol:

I think Shaw will be far too expensive, so I'd rather take Ben Davies to compete with Rose. Then a CB who is pacy and strong in the air if Kaboul can't get fit.

Then I'd love us to wrap up Halilovic and a few more 'potential'-type creative signings to boost our attack. I really like the look of Pozuelo already - and conveniently, he can play on the left - but we probably have no shot in hell. If it's true we still have a 50m warchest, then we could go all out for the title by attempting for Reus, but that's a pipedream and a half :lol:

Shaw will no doubt be expensive, if he will be far too expensive I'm not sure. After some brilliant business last summer and this summer we're now at a point where a small number of key signings per season could be just what is needed. If AVB and Baldini rate Shaw highly enough I could see them going for him as our number one left back target and I think there's a chance Levy could make that happen.

He's looked good whenever I've seen him play, but I've probably only seen him around 5 times so I don't really have an opinion if he's as good as people are saying or not.

A youngster or two like Halilovic would be great. I can't get myself to hope for Reus as I think he would be out of our reach.

The thing about Shaw is that he seems like a good professional for his age that realizes that he needs time on the pitch to keep developing at this stage.

Of the top clubs we're probably the club where he would be most likely to get regular football at this point. At Chelsea and United he would be behind Cole and Evra, City have Clichy and Kolarov whilst Arsenal just spent £10m on a left back last January. Shaw doesn't strike me as the type of player that will go to Chelsea or City for the money to sit on the bench. If we can reach an agreement with Southampton I think we'll be able to convince Shaw to come to us assuming that we rate him as highly as some of you guys do. Him being a boyhood Chelsea fan probably doesn't change that too much I think, unless he was a real diehard fan.

Coming to an agreement with Southampton would be the biggest sticking point.

Shaw would be a good signing for us but I think at that money, you could probably through an extra £5m-£7m at Everton and you would probably get Baines.

Shaw would be a good signing for us but I think at that money, you could probably through an extra £5m-£7m at Everton and you would probably get Baines.

Agree, Would rather have the finished article right now. We have to at least make sure that Utd have to bid top dollar in Jan should they go for him.

Agree, Would rather have the finished article right now. We have to at least make sure that Utd have to bid top dollar in Jan should they go for him.

Ive got a feeling that they may make life difficult for Utd in terms of signing him. I don't think they were altogether happy with the way that Utd went after both Fellaini and Baines at a quite reduced price. Personally, I would love Baines or Shaw but the finished article would be so much better for us at this moment in time.

Have to say that I would love us to to sign Honda in January. Free transfer, cracking player and someone who gives us an icon in the far east as well.

Baines will be 29 by the time the January transfer window opens though. Luke Shaw will still be 18.

If Baines costs significantly more than Shaw that's a big investment for what could be a fairly limited number of years of top class football from him. We did kind of break Levy's normal transfer approach in this regard with Soldado, but I wouldn't expect it to become a habit.

Have to say that I would love us to to sign Honda in January. Free transfer, cracking player and someone who gives us an icon in the far east as well.

Honda is a very good player, but he doesn't really play in positions that we lack cover in. Not sure if he would be a big upgrade for our current squad and we have some young players with a lot of potential that need regular time on the pitch to keep developing.

I think if we sign a player like Honda we would be in a position where we might have to sell a player to keep our squad from getting overly bloated.

Honda is a very good player, but he doesn't really play in positions that we lack cover in. Not sure if he would be a big upgrade for our current squad and we have some young players with a lot of potential that need regular time on the pitch to keep developing.

I think if we sign a player like Honda we would be in a position where we might have to sell a player to keep our squad from getting overly bloated.

I agree that we are already top heavy in that sort of area within the squad but I think that is the sort of signing that we should somehow try to make room for. Ordinarily, he would cost a fair amount and obviously he needs to be a decent player but the commercial opportunities he offers as a result is something worth bearing in mind as well when he is available on a free transfer.

I wonder if the move for Pato might be reignited?

I agree that we are already top heavy in that sort of area within the squad but I think that is the sort of signing that we should somehow try to make room for. Ordinarily, he would cost a fair amount and obviously he needs to be a decent player but the commercial opportunities he offers as a result is something worth bearing in mind as well when he is available on a free transfer.

I wonder if the move for Pato might be reignited?

Do you agree that we might have to sell someone to fit Honda into our squad in a sensible way? Who would you sell to make room for Honda?

Pato? Too soon I think. I was under the impression he returned to Brazil in the hope of rediscovering his previous form (and fitness). I don't think he's done that yet, another move to Europe seems like a bad idea at this point. Loads of potential though...

My wishlist would contain a striker that's more physical than Soldado, Defoe and Pato if we do go for a new striker. Someone that offer us something a little bit different to what we're already getting in Soldado and Defoe. Not quite sure exactly who that player should be though.

I think he is more likely to be a Spurs player next term than Shaw. He would be a very acceptable alternative for me.

The thing about Shaw is that he seems like a good professional for his age that realizes that he needs time on the pitch to keep developing at this stage.

Of the top clubs we're probably the club where he would be most likely to get regular football at this point. At Chelsea and United he would be behind Cole and Evra, City have Clichy and Kolarov whilst Arsenal just spent £10m on a left back last January. Shaw doesn't strike me as the type of player that will go to Chelsea or City for the money to sit on the bench. If we can reach an agreement with Southampton I think we'll be able to convince Shaw to come to us assuming that we rate him as highly as some of you guys do. Him being a boyhood Chelsea fan probably doesn't change that too much I think, unless he was a real diehard fan.

Coming to an agreement with Southampton would be the biggest sticking point.
They ain't skint no more but who knows how the new owners would react if they were to be relegated.

Back