• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

tbh I think Levy is largely blameless. He has done an astonishing job within the chains Lewis has put him in; think growing the club via its global appeal and revenue, the training ground, the stadium, getting world class people in to manage the club in Paratici and Conte.

Unfortunately he has those chains I mentioned from that utter parasite who will not pretty much under any circumstances give the club a helping hand on the playing staff side. FFP currently allows him to do this to the tune of circa £400m but this clam wouldn’t even do £1.

Its not right that football clubs can be bought like any other company. Football clubs are unique institutions. If you buy a club, then a club should own you just as much as you own the club. The clam has been here nearly 20 years, so he is part of the furniture. We should be able to seize the bastard and chain him to an office chair in the stadium so he can do some work for the club. If he’s not interested in that he should fudge off. Its not right he has a constant hold on our club. Football clubs should be different somehow.

Maybe this govt. review will find some kind of answer to this.

You need a great big aspirin. Similar in size and temperature to an ice hockey puck.

usatsi-12333463.jpg

In the form of a suppository.

Record signing Tanguy Ndombele, the 25-year-old France midfielder, is hopeful of a move away from Tottenham Hotspur this month. (The Athletic - subscription required)

Netherlands winger Steven Bergwijn appears to be on his way out of Spurs, with Ajax among the clubs interested in the 24-year-old. (Fabrizio Romano on Twitter)

Paris St-Germain's France forward Kylian Mbappe, 23, could yet turn down a move to Real Madrid and sign a new contract with the club. (Le Parisien - in French)

Bayer Leverkusen and Czech Republic forward Patrik Schick, 25, says he is happy at the Bundesliga club despite talk of a transfer in January. (Bild - in German)

Aston Villa are in advanced negotiations to sign Lucas Digne from Everton, with the 28-year-old French left-back understood to favour a move to Steven Gerrard's side. (Sky Sports)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have approached Burnley for New Zealand striker Chris Wood, 30. (Telegraph - subscription required)

The Magpies have also added RB Salzburg's Switzerland striker Noah Okafor, 21 to their list of potential attacking signings this month. (Teamtalk)

Former Saudi Sportswashing Machine goalkeeper Shay Given has advised compatriot Caoimhin Kelleher, 23, to leave Liverpool in this month's transfer window so the Republic of Ireland keeper gets more game time. (Premier Sport via Liverpool Echo)

Crystal Palace striker Jean-Philippe Mateta is close to leaving the club this month with the 24-year-old French forward, who is on loan from Mainz, set for a loan move to Ligue 1 side St Etienne. (Standard)

Arsenal defender Sead Kolasinac has held talks with Marseille over a free transfer in the summer, with the 28-year-old Bosnia left-back out of favour at Emirates Stadium. (L'Equipe via Sun)

Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel has suggested English midfielder Ross Barkley, 28, could be allowed to leave the club on loan this month. (90 Min)

Emirates Marketing Project midfielder Tommy Doyle has ended his spell with Hamburg, with the 20-year-old Englishman set for another short-term switch away from Etihad Stadium this month. (Manchester Evening News)

Is there anyone at Ajax we'd potentially be looking to do a deal over when selling them Betgwijn?

Last edited:
Is there anyone at Ajax we'd potentially be looking to do a deal over when selling them Betgwijn?

- Grabenberch is their new de Jong in CM
- Antony is an exciting RWF
- Martinez and Timber are their young CBs, both good ballplayers, Martinez is the left sided one
- Mazraoui is an attacking RB

Whoever the DoF was what convinced Levy to pay £42m for Sanchez could be useful over the next couple of transfer windows…

August 2017. That was a Paul Mitchell working his notice (till Feb 18) and Steve Hitchen newly arrived (Feb 17) combo. Dream team!

Why is Hitchen still at Spurs?

Starting with the assumption that Levy isn't incompetent.

He had every opportunity to get rid when he got Paratici. Would have been seen as a natural move I think.

Could it be that Hitchen has been right more often than he's been wrong on major decisions, but that some of the flops haven't been on him, but rather on others making decisions at the club?

I mean, if he pushed for the signings that haven't worked out is Levy just keeping him around because of kindness and generosity?

Starting with the assumption that Levy isn't incompetent.

He had every opportunity to get rid when he got Paratici. Would have been seen as a natural move I think.

Could it be that Hitchen has been right more often than he's been wrong on major decisions, but that some of the flops haven't been on him, but rather on others making decisions at the club?

I mean, if he pushed for the signings that haven't worked out is Levy just keeping him around because of kindness and generosity?

More excuses. Who exactly are these signings which have worked out? What would you say are decisions that are more often right than wrong regarding transfers? Hitchen has been presiding over a litany of disaster for far too long. The only thing I can think why Levy keeps him on is to distract attention from himself!

- Grabenberch is their new de Jong in CM
- Antony is an exciting RWF
- Martinez and Timber are their young CBs, both good ballplayers, Martinez is the left sided one
- Mazraoui is an attacking RB
Grabenberch looks to me like a player that we have several ones of the same type already at the club.
Mazraoui could be signed on a pre-contract deal anyway.
Antony unfortunately has far more ambitious clubs than us interested in him.

Excellent video that and something that lots of us have been stating for a while.... Brozovic would completely transform us as I've said many times. Guimaraes would be a brilliant signing but I think he'll go to one of the CL regulars.

Must say that I haven't seen anything of Medina but it sounds like he might have the right sort of attributes and I like pairing players from the same nation in a defence (taking Corona on a free transfer for RWB could give us Spanish speakers right across the back line).

Excellent video that and something that lots of us have been stating for a while.... Brozovic would completely transform us as I've said many times. Guimaraes would be a brilliant signing but I think he'll go to one of the CL regulars.

Must say that I haven't seen anything of Medina but it sounds like he might have the right sort of attributes and I like pairing players from the same nation in a defence (taking Corona on a free transfer for RWB could give us Spanish speakers right across the back line).
I’ve seen little of either so couldn’t comment but at least it’s original thinking

Back