• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

At the minute this is looking like being one of the dullest transfer window yet, not just for us but overall very little of interest seems to be happening.

Alan Smith is one of the most limited footballers I've ever seen. And a dirty fouling clam to boot.
MK Dons is his level.

What's his total wage - 60k? Unbelievable.

I disagree, I think that he is a decent footballer who has suffered because no one can work out what his best positions is. I agree that he is a dirty fouling c*nt, though.

Hazard asked on Canal+ if there's any chance he'll leave Lille before closure of transfer window on Tuesday: "No. It's impossible."

Now this will get people excited. Eden Hazard asked if he knows which country he'd like to play in next season. His response? "England."

Hazard: "I want to play at a big club, but I don't want to sit on the bench. It needs to be a club that plays good football."

Tom Williams @tomwfootball Hazard mentions Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester sides and Spurs among clubs he could play for. "But nothing's been decided yet."

Christophe Dugarry to Hazard on Canal+: "I bet it's Chelsea." Hazard: "Well, you're free to place your bets."

We have a chance. Because we play good football but also because we look like we'll be in the Champions league.

Chelsea have been the most linked with him, but i am sure United and Arsenal will be after him.

His chances of going to Arsenal are of 1% because they stole Park under their nose when he was actually in the train to Lille. The Lille president was fuming and said they'll regret their unprofessional behaviour thinking about Hazard of course.

If Ferguson likes him, then he'll probably end up at United.

He started as a n??10 but has been playing for years on the wings now.

Thought he was a decent striker pre-leg break, no more. Awful midfielder, what he/Sir Alex/Saudi Sportswashing Machine were thinking is beyond me.

I disagree, I think that he is a decent footballer who has suffered because no one can work out what his best positions is. I agree that he is a dirty fouling c*nt, though.

We'll disagree on this. He had a spell where he looked like he might be decent enough but that didn't last long. He was shown to be a poor striker who was inexplicably converted to an even worse midfielder. His only response to being outplayed every time I saw him was to foul and then moan like a bitch to the ref. As I say lets disagree on this.

We need a spark in the team. In the summer, we got the sparks from Parker and Adebayor and the team went on a winning run. The team now is a bit stale lately. We need someone to come in and change it up. Ideal (but not realistic) would be Cavani and Remi.

Absolutely agree - Ade thinks his place is guaranteed. He is now only putting in a quarter of the effort when he first came - and particularly against Liverpool. We simply must freshen it up.

Absolutely agree - Ade thinks his place is guaranteed. He is now only putting in a quarter of the effort when he first came - and particularly against Liverpool. We simply must freshen it up.

This is my fear with Adebayor, the same happened at Arsenal and at City, his form dropped after a while....

Hazard asked on Canal+ if there's any chance he'll leave Lille before closure of transfer window on Tuesday: "No. It's impossible."

Now this will get people excited. Eden Hazard asked if he knows which country he'd like to play in next season. His response? "England."

Hazard: "I want to play at a big club, but I don't want to sit on the bench. It needs to be a club that plays good football."

Tom Williams @tomwfootball Hazard mentions Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester sides and Spurs among clubs he could play for. "But nothing's been decided yet."

Christophe Dugarry to Hazard on Canal+: "I bet it's Chelsea." Hazard: "Well, you're free to place your bets."

You have to hope he doesnt go to either Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project, at least Emirates Marketing Project do try and play football, Chelsea are just horrible, they dont deserve a player llike Hazard

If we say got 3rd and won the FA Cup, he would be the "special player" that Harry keeps banging on about to take us to the next level

we would only get Hazard if the other top clubs decide to pass on him like they did with Modric......however with the lack of talented footballers in world football right now, i dont see the big boys making the same mistake this time

we would only get Hazard if the other top clubs decide to pass on him like they did with Modric......however with the lack of talented footballers in world football right now, i dont see the big boys making the same mistake this time

there's a lack of talented players?

I disagree with this. Adebayor is still putting in a very good shift. He constantly pulls out wide to the channels and also drops deep to link up. If he was being lazy then he would stop doing both of these things.

German Kicker Magazine reports:

Spurs were at games to observe Mario Mandzukic from Wolfsburg.

Fulham offered 8 M euros for lucas Barrios. He wants to go but Dortmund wants 10.

Agree with Finney.

Its a commonly held misconception he tails off. I think thats dictating some views here now.

He needs to get back on the goal trail, but Watford aside I have no complaints about his effort or contribution at all.

I believe so, especially in the striker department

dwindling pool of top talent=exorbitant prices for average players.

Good point.

If we just take England as an example. Is our best striker STILL Wayne Rooney?? Remember when he and Owen came through...people like that. There was also Shearer, and Sheringham.

Look at it now. Welbeck, Sturridge, thats our biggest hopes. Good players but never going to be world class. I could more see them at Villa or Everton in a few years than I could Real Madrid, or still in their current sides, as first choice, pivitol players.

There is also a pool of average defenders being mooted as the next Maldini. Jones, remember the hype around him?? He's just another clumsy oaf. Cahill too has done nothing to warrant 80 Grand a week. These players opposed to the likes of King, Campbell, Terry, Rio, Woodgate etc.

Its definately not like it was..

Last edited:
Back