• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

You know Poch. There are a bunch of players who have trained and played well. Skipp, GKN so we selected them. Jan will be back like Arnie-Superman.

We are not used to having a large squad of quality. We're getting closer...
Lol that’s clutching at straws. You really think first game of the season he’s going to put in Sánchez who has looked pretty dodgy for some time now, and not have him in the squad at all? Especially when Davies is injured and he was happy to sell Rose so should have played him Lb too - and not even have him on the bench?! No way....

Lol that’s clutching at straws. You really think first game of the season he’s going to put in Sánchez who has looked pretty dodgy for some time now, and not have him in the squad at all? Especially when Davies is injured and he was happy to sell Rose so should have played him Lb too - and not even have him on the bench?! No way....

Who would you have left out in Jan's place? Dier has CB covered.

It won't be an attitude or conflict thing. It will either be too many players who deserve a place - which is what Poch said post match - or Jan is to be sold. As for Sanchez Poch has to play him. Has to make him take responsibility. He's capable but now needs to feel like he's a key player each game. Clever move to start him imo.

CB and RB were already our priority areas for the next two windows...this has just made it even higher priority!

I wouldn't read too much into this. Nevertheless, we should start some succession planning. That kid Badiashile at Monaco looks a proper prospect. Left footed too.

Maybe protecting the player? Maybe does not want people to know he has a "slight injury"???? Who knows. I think something is lost in proverbial translation here?

Who would you have left out in Jan's place? Dier has CB covered.
It won't be an attitude or conflict thing. It will either be too many players who deserve a place - which is what Poch said post match - or Jan is to be sold. As for Sanchez Poch has to play him. Has to make him take responsibility. He's capable but now needs to feel like he's a key player each game. Clever move to start him imo.

Every other CB at the club. He’s the best CB along with Vertonghen but people will no doubt start to turn on him soon if he doesn’t sign a contract and claim Sanchez and Foyth are the best CB’s at the club. Unless of course Toby and Jan sign contracts which will mean they magically become the best two CB’s at the club again

Maybe protecting the player? Maybe does not want people to know he has a "slight injury"???? Who knows. I think something is lost in proverbial translation here?

Something's happened Steff. Dunno if you saw the post match SKY interview but he was asked directly and trumped around the answer a bit. Might be something minor, could be something major but it is something.

Every other CB at the club. He’s the best CB along with Vertonghen but people will no doubt start to turn on him soon if he doesn’t sign a contract and claim Sanchez and Foyth are the best CB’s at the club. Unless of course Toby and Jan sign contracts which will mean they magically become the best two CB’s at the club again

Jan is the best CB by some way
Toby is great but still gets caught out aerially

I’ve not seen any pre or post match interviews and not been following social media for a good few hours. Bloke near me at the game said word was Verts had a blow-out with Poch over his contract. Sounds a bit hearsay and rumour. But something doesn’t add up for him not to be injured but not to be in the bench either.
Verts always sounds so positive about being with us that for him to have enough of an argument to be dropped makes me pretty worried.

Back