• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

that’s a judgement call for the coaches and players, each situation is to be based on its own merits

if you can benefit from breaking a law of football perhaps the punishment isn’t hard enough?

So it should be up to the coaches and players if they break the offside rule or handball? Lets get rid of refs?

You're going down a rabbit hole mate.

They go hand in hand. Surely the ethos of any sporting events is to test your skills against an opponent to see who is best on the day? It may only be a game but what glory is there in cheating to win?

In true sport yeah of course.

Professional sport is a while different thing though, livelihoods depend completely on winning.

So it should be up to the coaches and players if they break the offside rule or handball? Lets get rid of refs?

You're going down a rabbit hole mate.

No, because you still need the refs there to make the calls, otherwise it would be anarchy.

If I’m down the rabbit hole, so are most professional football managers.

No, because you still need the refs there to make the calls, otherwise it would be anarchy.

If I’m down the rabbit hole, so are most professional football managers.

So it should be ok to cheat?

But we need refs to stop people cheating?

Because if people were allowed to cheat, it would be anarchy?

But it should be up to players and coaches whether they can cheat?

Seriously i have no idea what you are trying to say. For me it's simple. Stick to the rules or be punished. Try and win within those rules you agreed to.

So it should be ok to cheat?

But we need refs to stop people cheating?

Because if people were allowed to cheat, it would be anarchy?

But it should be up to players and coaches whether they can cheat?

Seriously i have no idea what you are trying to say. For me it's simple. Stick to the rules or be punished. Try and win within those rules you agreed to.

Agree with that, but I’m also saying, cheat if the upside is greater than the punishment.

Hypothetical, after our second yesterday, they break and one of the SU players is in one on one with Vicario, Romero is the wrong side, no chance of making a good tackle, but he can trip the guy up and take the red card, knowing it likely guarantees the three points, what do you want him to do?

Im saying cheating in professional sport is logical.

The laws only exist, because people cheat.

The laws exist so that the players know what is allowed and to ensure fair play. If we follow your agruement that it's ok in professional sport you accept the club/team/contestant you follow can be cheated as their opponent are doing the logical thing.

The laws exist so that the players know what is allowed and to ensure fair play. If we follow your agruement that it's ok in professional sport you accept the club/team/contestant you follow can be cheated as their opponent are doing the logical thing.

Of course, doesn't mean I can't be angry about it though. I care far more about my team/person winning than I do about the sporting integrity of the competition.

In some situations, I'd rather we cheat the opposition, as that would hurt them more than beating them fairly.

Screen_Shot_2016-04-20_at_4.22.55_PM.0.0.1461187419.png

I’m talking about football.

On point use of the escalating quickly image as well, chapeau.

Wtf is going on with this forum?

We have an incredible last minute win and you've got Scara desperate to hash out his anti Muslim pro Jewish diatribe in the Richy thread or the weird ass assumption you're pro rape because you want Spurs to maximize their chance to win in the Maddison thread after some class brickhousery from him.

Football upstairs and random stuff downstairs, how difficult is it?! Analogies are helpful but some degree of attention to context / appropriateness goes a long way. Great discussions to be had on all points if had in good faith but maybe in the right places...

Even with the good stuff we can't celebrate, it has to be "This shows everyone who doesn't worship Levy" or the usual suspects laying in to Conte with no reasonable context whatsoever instead of enjoying the here and now.

On the Maddison front however, it is somewhat funny that so many are surprised by how good he is, it was clear from his time at Leicester but some can only see good when it's in our own colours. Like a few who said JWP was total toss apart from free kicks, 6 goals / assists in 6 apps for West Ham so some humble pie to be had there. As mentioned above on the Maddison front, having a signing like this to hit the ground running and replace the creative aspects of Kane has been huge for our football and morale in general.

He's a funny fudger as well, can't remember who it was against but placing the ball for the corner just outside of the corner spot to make a bunch of grown ass men in the crowd whine like babies and then giving them the smirk was brilliant.

Agree with that, but I’m also saying, cheat if the upside is greater than the punishment.

Hypothetical, after our second yesterday, they break and one of the SU players is in one on one with Vicario, Romero is the wrong side, no chance of making a good tackle, but he can trip the guy up and take the red card, knowing it likely guarantees the three points, what do you want him to do?

But there is a punishment with that, within the framework, that's not cheating. He gets a red card and they get a penalty. That's not a trade off with cheating.

Like timewasting and running down the clock are two separate things. Holding the ball in the corner keeping hold of the ball is one thing. Faking injuries and diving is outside of that IMO

Reading back there seems to be abit of clouding on what's cheating and what you do within the rules that govern the game. For me it's simple, ones ok, ones not

Of course, doesn't mean I can't be angry about it though. I care far more about my team/person winning than I do about the sporting integrity of the competition.

In some situations, I'd rather we cheat the opposition, as that would hurt them more than beating them fairly.

Ends justify the means. Which is understandable and most of us would be happy with the result. BUT, it should be fair. Cheating should be caught and punished. If one team can cheat so can everyone. It's better if nobody could cheat. Or if they did are caught and punished for it.

We have an incredible last minute win and you've got Scara desperate to hash out his anti Muslim pro Jewish diatribe in the Richy thread or the weird ass assumption you're pro rape because you want Spurs to maximize their chance to win in the Maddison thread after some class brickhousery from him.

Football upstairs and random stuff downstairs, how difficult is it?! Analogies are helpful but some degree of attention to context / appropriateness goes a long way. Great discussions to be had on all points if had in good faith but maybe in the right places...

Even with the good stuff we can't celebrate, it has to be "This shows everyone who doesn't worship Levy" or the usual suspects laying in to Conte with no reasonable context whatsoever instead of enjoying the here and now.

On the Maddison front however, it is somewhat funny that so many are surprised by how good he is, it was clear from his time at Leicester but some can only see good when it's in our own colours. Like a few who said JWP was total toss apart from free kicks, 6 goals / assists in 6 apps for West Ham so some humble pie to be had there. As mentioned above on the Maddison front, having a signing like this to hit the ground running and replace the creative aspects of Kane has been huge for our football and morale in general.

He's a funny fudger as well, can't remember who it was against but placing the ball for the corner just outside of the corner spot to make a bunch of grown ass men in the crowd whine like babies and then giving them the smirk was brilliant.

Nice try [mention]spurspinter1 [/mention] it seems there are more than a few on here that cannot let anything drop until they have the last word, it would be nice if that last word was on topic for a change, anyway…

I really had my doubts about Maddison before the first game, but boy has he been a revelation, not just his personality and enthusiasm but he is also playing fantastic football at a level I wasn’t expecting.

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

But there is a punishment with that, within the framework, that's not cheating. He gets a red card and they get a penalty. That's not a trade off with cheating.

Like timewasting and running down the clock are two separate things. Holding the ball in the corner keeping hold of the ball is one thing. Faking injuries and diving is outside of that IMO

Reading back there seems to be abit of clouding on what's cheating and what you do within the rules that govern the game. For me it's simple, ones ok, ones not

Depends on how you define cheating I guess, I use the term to cover knowingly doing something against the rules.

Ward prowse would have been a really nice option, especially with 5 subs. Just if you roll him on his stats last season alone he would have made sense

it was Bournemouth by the way that he took that corner against

Back