• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jailed SAS soldier

Fron the little i know....

Did he not break the rules/law?
Did he get a fair hearing?

If you do wrong you get punished, brick happens in life. Being a soldier doesnt make you less responsible or give you a mitigating circumstance.

My powers of deduction lead me to believe it refers to this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9691973/David-Cameron-supports-jailed-SAS-soldier-Sgt-Danny-Nightingale.html

The reason why he has the weapon is buried far down in the story...

Sgt Nightingale was given the pistol, a Glock 9mm, as a gift by Iraqi soldiers he helped train in 2009.

It was shipped back to the UK by military authorities when he left the country that year. His family say that a brain injury he subsequently suffered on a charity run in Brazil affected his memory, contributing to his failure to have the weapon decommissioned, as he had planned. The weapon and the ammunition were found during a search of his Service accommodation because of a complaint that had been made about another SAS soldier.

So he had the gun... But why 300 rounds?

It is acknowledged he has memory problems, it he fit to serve as an SAS and carry a firearm? If so he cant, imv, say that his memory issue caused him to forget he either had the gun or have it unusable as he is, therefore, unfit for service.

The ammo was always the thing for me, a trophy of war I could understand although a Glock 19 is hardly a keepsake especially with 300 bullets. Looks more like a psycho waiting to happen.

The ammo was always the thing for me, a trophy of war I could understand although a Glock 19 is hardly a keepsake especially with 300 bullets. Looks more like a psycho waiting to happen.

Memory loss + army training and access to a weapon and ammo.. dangerous for his family, visitors.. no wonder a colleague reported it.

Memory loss + army training and access to a weapon and ammo.. dangerous for his family, visitors.. no wonder a colleague reported it.

Jason_bourne.jpg

Anyone remember Chris Benoit? ex wrestler? when they conducted his autopsy they found he had the mind of a 90 yr old, addled, confused and so messed up it was unlikely he knew what was going on....... while he killed his wife and child before killing himself.

If the guy broke the law then why should he be released?

Everyone of us breaks some law every day, he should not have got a custodial sentence for an oversight.

He's not some heat carrying chav scumbag.

How did this ever get to court? Bewildering.

Everyone of us breaks some law every day, he should not have got a custodial sentence for an oversight.

He's not some heat carrying chav scumbag.

How did this ever get to court? Bewildering.

potentially far more dangerous is a trained SAS officer with unique training, access to a gun and ammo and a brain injury.

It wasn't reported by someone off the street, a fellow SAS officer did it. Someone with some insight into the risks. That's how it got to court.

The fact a fellow SAS member reported him and did not just have a quiet word and tell him to get rid speaks volumes. In addition the 300 rounds is a bit suspect. My initial thought was cut the guy some slack, but you get the feeling there's more to this

Sgt Nightingale was given the pistol, a Glock 9mm, as a gift by Iraqi soldiers he helped train in 2009.

It was shipped back to the UK by military authorities when he left the country that year. His family say that a brain injury he subsequently suffered on a charity run in Brazil affected his memory, contributing to his failure to have the weapon decommissioned, as he had planned.

The bit about keeping an automatic piston given as a gift is believable, but if the plan was to decommission the gun then why bring back 300 rounds of ammunition? You don't need ammunition for a decommissioned pistol.

Also how do you get brain injury on a charity run?

Wasn't it an 18 month sentence?

People who commit assault, robbery, and worse get less than this. Proper crimes.

Back