• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

With the alternative being "get someone in. Anyone!" I don't think that's how you build a team. If we didn't have a plan B, maybe it was because the plan B's were short term stop gaps. But when you're building a team, you don't do stop gap. Methinks.

Again I agree just signing anyone isnt the way to go. However for a club aiming for the top 4 (Which we have heard the manager and players say they are aiming for) I think its really poor/joke that we have 1 striker at the club. We do have players that can "do a job" I admit but its not good enough.

I didnt think we would but after today it has confirmed it for me, what little hope I had has gone we wont qualify for the champs league this season, so come next summer I imagine Lloris will leave (cant really blame him) I imagine Vertoghen will leave because his contract will be running down and he wont sign a new deal. Theres another two players we have to replace, half of the spine of our team.

We will be back to building the team again, and if you cant find the players to replace the ones that leave like you say you dont just sign anyone so it COULD be another season of building.

I can't see him being very successful in a Poch team

just think if Kane is out and Berbs comes in

..........................Berbatov
..............Njie.......Eriksen........Son

imagine Berbatov holding the ball up and flicking it on into space behind the defence for Son or Njie to run onto with their pace. Or Berbatov unlocking some tight games with a bit of magic left in those old boots

for one year, considering the situation we are in, he could do a job for us

All other sources say that was our 1st offer, not last.

Daily Fail saying the same as the BBC; others I've read saying the £5m up-front figure appeared in the penultimate bid, and the 4th one was instantly rejected and so was unlikely to have been a significant improvement. Not that it makes any difference anyway.

who's left in the u21's who is good enough to play upfront?

I'm not an expert on reserves

I feel we have a number of young players ready to contribute to the first team but none of them are strikers unfortunately.

Better than playing without a CF!!

Not necessarily. If Poch wants his strikers to cover a lot of ground (and I think that he does) we may be better off playing with Dembele, Chadli or Lamela there and using our pacey players to play off them.

imagine Berbatov holding the ball up and flicking it on into space behind the defence for Son or Njie to run onto with their pace. Or Berbatov unlocking some tight games with a bit of magic left in those old boots

Or Berbatov refusing to run for a ball that isn't played to his feet or not chasing down when we have lost possession.

I loved Berbatov when he was with us and he was undoubtedly one of our most talented players of the modern era but I think that we need to move on and realise that he is not that player any more and he is ill suited to how our manager wants us to play.

Besides, it is all academic because we cannot bring him in.

Not necessarily. If Poch wants his strikers to cover a lot of ground (and I think that he does) we may be better off playing with Dembele, Chadli or Lamela there and using our pacey players to play off them.

And thats a gamble which you're happy to take?!?!?

goodbye7.gif

And thats a gamble which you're happy to take?!?!?

Aren't both decisions a gamble? I would have preferred us to have signed a striker that our manager wanted during the window. I think that signing a striker who (I presume) our manager does not want and who is ill suited to his game plan would be short sighted and unlikely to end well.

I'd take anything tbh.

Fazio up front as target man????He is not needed as a defender maybe he can re-train.
I am now ducking for cover.

Ha ha - maybe if LVG was here!

Now Dier appears to be tasked with becoming our makeshift CDM this season it kind of free's up a CB for Fazio

who's left in the u21's who is good enough to play upfront?

I'm not an expert on reserves
No one ready at the moment.
Although I would like to see Harrison or Kazaih Sterling play ahead of Lamela and Chadli. They might just have a bit of zip and know where the goal is.

What was last season? A building season, I suppose. What will next season be if (like this one) we go into it horribly unprepared and drop nine points in the first four games? Another building season, I suppose.

What's Poch building, the Great Pyramid of Giza?
So how long do you think it ought to take a coach to build a competitive team having first to clean up house and then build a team using young talent?

Back