• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

In response to being asked about his previous ITK….

JJetset said: ↑

Yes that was about the selling 1 of 2 and not both. Nothing to do with Chadli up front.

We've been looking at Ings to update on Storts. One of a few options that we could go for if, Harry gets injured or Ade or RS leave. More than likely if we do go for him it will be the summer but then there are more options available then also.

Berahino currently way too expensive for his talent, you are paying over 20M for potential which is high risk.

As opposed to Lamela who we paid around £30m for potential from abroad, at least we know Berahino is adapted to this league...

Love how all these "ITK" get leaked transfer info regardless of the change in personnel every year at the club. I assume Poch like all the other Tottenham managers talk transfers to the tea lady.

To be fair if I remember correctly Roger Morgan isnt a bad ITK......

Roger Morgan

Watch any Everton movement on Lennon, Kaboul. We are very keen on McCarthy and he wants us.

I'd absolutely take that swap.

Martinez really doesn't get defending, so that'd be an obvious place to get rid of Kaboul to.

As opposed to Lamela who we paid around £30m for potential from abroad, at least we know Berahino is adapted to this league...

Lamela had 3 seasons under his belt in 2 different leagues, as well as 10 caps for one of the best national teams in the world. It's a bit different to someone with a bit of pace, who for a few weeks scored some goals, then faded and got dropped. Berahino has an awful long way to go to show he's the real deal and not the next Bent/Stewart/Ricketts

To be fair if I remember correctly Roger Morgan isnt a bad ITK......

I think he's a Mirror journalist who just leaks the next edition stories a few hours early, so then it looks like his insights are being verified by more authoritative sources

Lamela had 3 seasons under his belt in 2 different leagues, as well as 10 caps for one of the best national teams in the world. It's a bit different to someone with a bit of pace, who for a few weeks scored some goals, then faded and got dropped. Berahino has an awful long way to go to show he's the real deal and not the next Bent/Stewart/Ricketts

You can dress it up how you want, we paid £30m for potential- not saying he wont achieve that potential by any means. Think you're underselling Berahino there, but of course he might not end up being the real deal. Point being we've invested serious money in the past rightly or wrongly for players with potential and Im sure we will do again at some point - whether its Berahino I have no idea......

I think he's a Mirror journalist who just leaks the next edition stories a few hours early, so then it looks like his insights are being verified by more authoritative sources

Thanks, even if he is a journalist I've definitely remembered him being correct on a few Spurs related things...

Roger Morgan

Watch any Everton movement on Lennon, Kaboul. We are very keen on McCarthy and he wants us.

Roger Morgan is one of the only ITK'ers that I actually trust. Not saying his info is always correct but at least it seems that he doesn't just regularly make stuff up

In response to being asked about his previous ITK….

JJetset said: ↑

Yes that was about the selling 1 of 2 and not both. Nothing to do with Chadli up front.

We've been looking at Ings to update on Storts. One of a few options that we could go for if, Harry gets injured or Ade or RS leave. More than likely if we do go for him it will be the summer but then there are more options available then also.

Berahino currently way too expensive for his talent, you are paying over 20M for potential which is high risk.

I find that strange..... £20 million (and probably actually more like £17M - £18M) too expensive for an England under 21 who has already shown he can score goals in the PL?

I'd absolutely take that swap.

Martinez really doesn't get defending, so that'd be an obvious place to get rid of Kaboul to.

Two different leagues that are absolutely nothing like the Premiership.
Interesting that you keep bringing up Darren Bent. He actually scored a decent amount of goals for us. We also only made a small transfer loss on him when we decided he wasn't what we wanted and moved him on (in fact I think we ended up breaking even when all the transfer extras were triggered). I think it would be the same with Berahino. Even if he didn't quite work out we'd still recoup a good fee on him because he is young, English and has proven that he can score goals for a bottom 8 premiership team. Contrast that with Soldado.... How much do you think we could sell him for now he has failed here?

No, but his employer does. :lol:

Haha - good point.

I do remember him getting a couple of things right over the years and his news being ahead of stuff being common knowledge though. Although I guess that could well have just been him getting a tip from a journalist at the Mirror with good connections to another club?

Regarding this particular rumour - is Lennon a Martinez type of player?

Haha - good point.

I do remember him getting a couple of things right over the years and his news being ahead of stuff being common knowledge though. Although I guess that could well have just been him getting a tip from a journalist at the Mirror with good connections to another club?

Lennon has Pullis stamped all over him....

he loves a damaged winger.

Haha - good point.

Not sure. He's disciplined/can follow instruction and hardworking which Martinez will like, but I'm not sure he's really intelligent enough. I would say he's more a Moyes Everton playe

Roger Morgan

I'm not sure about McCarthy. He's a good player certainly but for me he is missing something to make him a great player. I think that missing ingredient is drive and determination. I don't see it in him. Watching him always reminds me of Roy Keane, style wise, but unlike Keane he won't go out and dominate the game though he has the tools to do so. I think for that reason he's no better than what we have, except maybe Paulinho.

I'm not sure about McCarthy. He's a good player certainly but for me he is missing something to make him a great player. I think that missing ingredient is drive and determination. I don't see it in him. Watching him always reminds me of Roy Keane, style wise, but unlike Keane he won't go out and dominate the game though he has the tools to do so. I think for that reason he's no better than what we have, except maybe Paulinho.

I've followed him since he declared for Ireland. Unrealised potential. I don't know if its motivation or what. He picks up injury after injury as well.
The way he pulled out of the euros was very strange. Yeah his dad was diagnosed with cancer but he didn't die or anything.

Exactly my first thought when Everton lost Distin to injury yesterday for a few weeks. Haha

Could suit us both. We get rid of his wages and (allegedly) unhelpful influence, and Everton get some cover for a small fee (recognising his contract situation, age and injuries).

I reckon if we can get rid of both of Kaboul and Chiriches we'll be able to bring Moreno in.

Not sure. He's disciplined/can follow instruction and hardworking which Martinez will like, but I'm not sure he's really intelligent enough. I would say he's more a Moyes Everton playe

In what way do you think Lennon isn't intelligent? Also to take another player as a direct comparison - do you think Lamela is a player who has more intelligence?

Who : Trix
When: 9 January
Where: COYS

Just had a chat with my mate.Lambert has been discussed with both Pool and the player, but it is pretty much only on a "what if" basis so far. There are other targets ahead of him, so seems more like a last minute option if other things don't happen. Was also told(because I specifically asked) that bringing in a striker(or anyone for that matter) is dependant on moving players on not specifically Ade or Soldado.

I find that strange..... £20 million (and probably actually more like £17M - £18M) too expensive for an England under 21 who has already shown he can score goals in the PL?

Is 12 goals really a big enough sample size? He went 10 scoreless before his last goal and he's not even been making West Brom's starting lineup lately, dropping £20m on him would be an incredible risk.

Is 12 goals really a big enough sample size? He went 10 scoreless before his last goal and he's not even been making West Brom's starting lineup lately, dropping £20m on him would be an incredible risk.

Don't just rely on the goals. Watch him play. Look at his balance, movement, touch and shooting ability. The kid has so much natural talent and I think he is close to being ready to start really fulfilling that talent.

Back