• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
There's more to all of this than incompetence

I've been a Spurs fan since the mid-eighties and today I realised I'm done. I'm not buying that Atkinson made a mistake - he knew 100% that ball wasn't over the line. It happens way too often to the Chelsea's and United's for it to be coincidence. I've had enough and I'm gutted, not because we lost or we probably won't get top 4 but because there is clearly more than incompetence going on at the highest level and I don't see what the point is anymore

Luckily have sympathetic wife and gin or the fudging rabbit would be in a pie by now

Of course he knew it wasnt over the line, hes either paid or worried for his career.

If bale doesnt score, he would have given adebayor a yellow for diving.

Am I the only one that is making more about the Cech incident? that he should have been sent off? It was a fould, a goal scoring opportunity and just because we scored DOES NOT negate the issue that Cech had fouled ade who was in on goal.

I actually think they are honest but sub-conciously err on the side of caution. For instance giving a goal for Chelsea/Man Utd when it doesn't cross the line is not a bad a career move as not giving one that does go over the line

Am I the only one that is making more about the Cech incident? that he should have been sent off? It was a fould, a goal scoring opportunity and just because we scored DOES NOT negate the issue that Cech had fouled ade who was in on goal.

Laws of the game, you either give the goal or send him off and give the penalty. Yet you can book an outfield player after an incident. Welcome to football.

if the advantage is played you can only give retrospective cards for violent conduct

I used to think that Viper but it happens too often - Chelsea's two goals against us last year, theit 2 goals v Wigan couple of weeks ago and countless others. Look at the pens given for United and not against them in the past few weeks alone. Today convinced me tho

I agree. Perhaps not out and out bribery, but as I've said before if it's just incompetence then why don't we see just as many bad decisions benefitting the likes of QPR or Blackburn? So much for evening itself out over a season.

I could see from my seat a fudging 100 yards away it didn't cross the line, how the c*nt saw anything to suggest he could give a goal is beyond me, Lino gave fudge all too right?

What about when drogba fouls gallas and goes towards the goal early on in the first half? If drogba scores after that... Normally defenders get these 99% of the time

There's more to all of this than incompetence
There's not.

I'm gutted, it spoiled the game, gave us a mountain to climb but it was sheer incompetence, that's all. And no, it doesn't make a case for goal line technology, it makes a case for better refs.

Last edited:

get with the laws

even Redknapp is using this as some kinda excuse

The fact that millions of people watching the game live can verify whether the right decision has been made, but the officials apparently cannot, is very odd.

It devalues football massively.

All of the the other major sports have introduced technology to confirm decisions when required. It has worked as far as I know.

It's a crying shame.:~

What about when drogba fouls gallas and goes towards the goal early on in the first half? If drogba scores after that... Normally defenders get these 99% of the time

same thing happened with Benny early doors, yet when Parker and Ramires tangled legs in the centre circle, free kick Chelsea

My best mate who happens to be a gooner and a ref (so a double ****, you could say) told me Atkinson has absolutely no right to give the goal. It's not even incompetence, he just shouldn;t give it from where his position is

get with the laws

even Redknapp is using this as some kinda excuse

What? so its one rule for outfield players and one rule for keepers? I was always under the impression that an advantage doesnt negate the original issue - I have seen yellow cards given AFTER the advantage.

What would have happened if Bale picked up the ball and walked back to the penalty spot? Free out for handball no doubt.

Back