• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

instant messaging

swellsy

Kevin Scott
Hi All,

Long time no see :)

Want some help / advice please

Want to get and free instant messaging program that can be installed on lap tops and sync with smartphones

Basically want to improved communcation in the office and also give staff the ability to message whilst on the move

CAN'T use LINE or WHATSAPP

what else is out there that would work ?

The idea is to get a group chat up and running permanantly

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Swellsy

I thought you were lost in the murky depths of internet purgatory. A face from the past, never to walk these shores again.

As for the question...no idea at all....

We use Lync in our office - I think its part of outlook although not sure. I hate it but its there.

We have Lync in our office too, nobody uses it. If I want to give someone a message I either e-mail them, phone them or text them - or GHod forbid, I actually go meet the person.

We have Lync in our office too, nobody uses it. If I want to give someone a message I either e-mail them, phone them or text them - or GHod forbid, I actually go meet the person.

Exactly.

We all still email each other - atleast with email you dont have to respond immediately and you dont have to have that awkward 'bye'

we had a big Lync push in our office last year, likewise we all still use email, if it's that urgent pick up a phone or walk over if they are in the same building

Ohh this is like dragging up memories from the 90s, i used to use one when i played Ultima online it had like a flower in the corner that would turn red or green depending on connection.

Just remembered it was IRC looks like they do it for all platforms now, very good if i recall.

Last edited:
Exactly.

We all still email each other - atleast with email you dont have to respond immediately and you dont have to have that awkward 'bye'

Just get to the point where everyone thinks you're a rude bastard. I've got to that point and now I don't even need to say 'bye' when hanging up the phone. It also stops people asking a lot of the stupid questions they'd normally ask as they think you'll be rude.

Just get to the point where everyone thinks you're a rude bastard. I've got to that point and now I don't even need to say 'bye' when hanging up the phone. It also stops people asking a lot of the stupid questions they'd normally ask as they think you'll be rude.

We have one of those. He hangs up without 'bye' and he just walks off when he's done talking to you. Interrupts other people's conversations and hands out messages/orders and leaves before the receiver can respond 'yes/no/ok/f*ck you'.
I like the guy, he doesn't f*ck about.

If only there was a way that forum members who you thought you had gotten rid of could be ignored in the same way so they wouldn't waste Internet space starting useless threads about IM.

We have one of those. He hangs up without 'bye' and he just walks off when he's done talking to you. Interrupts other people's conversations and hands out messages/orders and leaves before the receiver can respond 'yes/no/ok/f*ck you'.
I like the guy, he doesn't f*ck about.

He's probably a dingdong! But he gets stuff done too.

Back