• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Inside Shirt Sponsors - Stupidity or are we missing a trick?

The problem is if it is fixed at £16 million every year for the next 5. Surely this would hurt us if we found ourselves in the Champions League, as I'm sure we would be able to pick up a better deal. Also from how it reads, we are going from two deals worth £13 and £6 million to just one of £16 million. Isn't this going backwards?

The problem is if it is fixed at £16 million every year for the next 5. Surely this would hurt us if we found ourselves in the Champions League, as I'm sure we would be able to pick up a better deal. Also from how it reads, we are going from two deals worth £13 and £6 million to just one of £16 million. Isn't this going backwards?

By becoming our global partners they will spread our name across the whole of Asia (the biggest market) thus, in part, saving us money and time as well as potentially raising revenues in that part of the World and possibly other areas. So it could be potentially as good as could be bad in what you're saying.

BgV4HV5CYAA7PKI.jpg

Last edited:
16m sounds pretty good when you compare it to that table up there. We are only less than the established top 4 basically and Emirates Marketing Project's fake sponsorship.

Shame it means we are bound with Red on our shirt again for 5 years. Out of all the sponsors we can get we seem to like finding ones that are red. Now i know some are going to say "who cares about the color" And yes i do hate it a bit because its the scum colour but mostly i hate it because it does not go with our colours of Navy and white. It just really stands out. I knew Hp would not stay on, they only took on the Autonomy sponsorship so it seems they were never going to extend.

Maybe the away kit next year will be Navy with White lettering. Ill get that.

Me too but as long as we dont get what happened to Cardiff we'll just have to put up with another "Thompson" fiasco.

First £12m, then £16m and now £20m. Did Levy make them sign a deal that goes up £4m every other hour? :-k

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-seal-100m-shirt-sponsorship-9126039.html

Tottenham today clinched a £100million sponsorship deal they hope will push them closer to the Premier League’s elite.

The agreement with AIA is thought to be worth about £20m a year over five years, and will see the insurance company become the club’s shirt sponsors in all competitions from the start of next season.

AIA appears on Tottenham’s shirts in cup competitions and they will replace HP in the Premier League in the new campaign.

The move reflects the ambition of chairman Daniel Levy to expand into other markets. AIA is a major company in the Asia-Pacific region and the aim is for Spurs to gain more prominence in that part of the world.

The deal equals the £20m Liverpool receive from Standard Chartered and is a fraction less than Arsenal’s £150m seven-year deal with Emirates.

From the AIA website.

Tottenham Hotspur is one of the top-ranked teams in the English Premier League and has a following of over 180 million supporters globally, with 80 million of those fans residing in Asia. Spurs is one of only three clubs to have won the FA Cup eight times or more and to have won the Capital One English League Cup four times. They were the first British club to win a European trophy after winning the European Cup Winners’ Cup, and they have also won the Europa League, when it was known as the UEFA Cup, on two occasions.

I' sorry but can you repeat that? :eek:

AIA Group Limited and its subsidiaries (collectively “AIA” or “the Group”) comprise the largest independent publicly listed pan-Asian life insurance group. It has operations in 17 markets in Asia-Pacific – wholly-owned branches and subsidiaries in Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Korea, the Philippines, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, New Zealand, Macau, Brunei, a 97 per cent subsidiary in Sri Lanka, a 26 per cent joint venture in India and a representative office in Myanmar. It had total assets of US$147 billion as of 31 May 2013.

Hardly what I call small fish. Could potentially be a bloody big deal (minus the spitting out of tea).

Last edited:
hopefully the figures reflect the club needing to offset the losses of shirt sales IF the logo turns out to be in red instead of navy on the home shirt.

hopefully the figures reflect the club needing to offset the losses of shirt sales IF the logo turns out to be in red instead of navy on the home shirt.

Would I be right in saying that parts of Asia consider red a lucky colour, and considering where the sponsor operates you'd have to think that the red will stay.

Would I be right in saying that parts of Asia consider red a lucky colour, and considering where the sponsor operates you'd have to think that the red will stay.

So it could be a 'back door' Cardiff deal then.

I just hope they design the logo a bit better next season,when they showed it at the begining of this season i thought it was a mock up.......terrible. Paying £50+ for that!!!

Im pretty sure the home Shirt will stay with the Red on. Now they are our major sponsor they will have more sway with the club. As our cup spoonsor this year they got the Red so i can hardly see them caving now they are the full sponsors.

My only hope is that the 2nd and 3rd kits can carry the logo in white etc. I would hate to see Red used across all three kits as it would look crap. Shame we could not reel in a big US company for sponsorship. I Feel we have more of a chance of taking over a market there than in asia where they are Man Yoo and Liverpoop mad!

Im pretty sure the home Shirt will stay with the Red on. Now they are our major sponsor they will have more sway with the club. As our cup spoonsor this year they got the Red so i can hardly see them caving now they are the full sponsors.

My only hope is that the 2nd and 3rd kits can carry the logo in white etc. I would hate to see Red used across all three kits as it would look crap. Shame we could not reel in a big US company for sponsorship. I Feel we have more of a chance of taking over a market there than in asia where they are Man Yoo and Liverpoop mad!

Agree with that. At least it's being sorted early so we might see new shirts earlier than the usual pre-Christmas time-scale they seem to work to. I'd like to see white socks back too. It just doesn't look like a proper Spurs kit with navy socks, IMO.

£20 million sounds much better. On a different note, it's amazing when looking at the disparity between the top teams commercial deals and those from say 8th down. In fact we are more than three times better off than the next team outside the top 6 there. I guess Europa League is worth playing in if it grants you the ability to get a regular sponsorship deal worth this much. Get a decent stadium and we can relax on the money front for a while.

You've only got to look at the PR Pictures to see how much red we're going to have to put up with. You land from Mars and see the front of that bus and the banner on the building behind, what colour do you think Spurs play in?

I predict at least one red away kit over the next 5 years:-"

You've only got to look at the PR Pictures to see how much red we're going to have to put up with. You land from Mars and see the front of that bus and the banner on the building behind, what colour do you think Spurs play in?

Well the bus does have us in our white shirts so unless theyre unintelligent id hazard a guess they would think we play in white - just saying ;)

I dont think its that bad tbh. even if we were to get into the ucl for 2 of the next 5 seasons, i would be surprised if this would impact our shirt sponsorship deals that greatly. but if we were to drop out of the top 4 race altogether, then this deal looks amazing.

The bus was already red, lots in HK are the same as London buses. AIA is red. Red in Asia means good luck, hence red. Spurs is still in blue and white though.

I wondered this. But I do think the Spurs fans would kick up such a stink that it just wouldn't sell.

I'm amazed they sold any of the cup shirts this year. Unless we won a trophy - Europa now remaining - then I can only see them being sold after the final. Why would you go for a red AIA logo over a sky blue HP one, especially as they are more expensive??

I'm amazed they sold any of the cup shirts this year. Unless we won a trophy - Europa now remaining - then I can only see them being sold after the final. Why would you go for a red AIA logo over a sky blue HP one, especially as they are more expensive??

Did they sell any? surely knowone would pay more money for a worse logo that is also in Red? I know when they had the Investec logo they sold quite well because of the red dot on the Autonomy logo lol...

Back