• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injury Thread 2016/17

90291Spur

Paul Walsh
With Jan fixed hopefully this will be an unused thread, but to be honest, I'm desperate to be a thread starter. Let the insults begin...

How about Dier, surely that wasnt a tactical sub on Saturday, assume he had some sort of niggle?

I thought it was tactical, because there wasn't enough fluidity with Wanyama and Dier in the DP. And Dier was the chosen one of the pair because of his post-Euro tiredness

Apparently Wimmer has a dodgy hammy and is out until August 20 and still no news on Hugo. But even though no-one here would wish an injury on ANY player it appears the Goons have 7 players currently out including 'Rambo' (until early October).

That's the extra month or so of football/pressure from the Euros...we (especially me!!!) are going to have to be patient with our returning Euro players...

Looking at the fixtures slated for him to miss, two of them are for France. I wonder if the club are being 'cute' by saying 4 weeks, thus making sure he gets some extra rest instead of jaunting off with the French squad/travel/2 games in a week, etc, etc...?

Last edited:
I thought it was tactical, because there wasn't enough fluidity with Wanyama and Dier in the DP. And Dier was the chosen one of the pair because of his post-Euro tiredness

Yeah, I think it was a case of not needing two in there and not wanting to sub the debutant.

Currently there is no return date for Rose. Luckily we have Davies and one of our Dutch CB's has been known to (grudgingly) play left back.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino tells BBC Sport:

"Mousa Dembele and Eric Dier are not a big issue - just cramps. Harry Kane twisted his ankle and now we need to know about the injury. We need to wait until tomorrow.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino tells BBC Sport:

"Mousa Dembele and Eric Dier are not a big issue - just cramps. Harry Kane twisted his ankle and now we need to know about the injury. We need to wait until tomorrow.

Thank GHod. Could have been far worse. Dier and Dembele should both be given Wednesday off anyway and rest up for Boro/CSKA/Man C. Dembele in particular is crucial to us

Fingers crossed on Harry. Unlike some, I have faith in Janssen so would hope we could cope if harry was out for a few weeks

Thank GHod. Could have been far worse. Dier and Dembele should both be given Wednesday off anyway and rest up for Boro/CSKA/Man C. Dembele in particular is crucial to us

Fingers crossed on Harry. Unlike some, I have faith in Janssen so would hope we could cope if harry was out for a few weeks

Shayon Harrison might get a spot on the bench Weds night, maybe even Saturday too

Back