• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

In-ger-land

I have a place in latvia and i would be happy to live there because it is so quiet and we have so much space i feel calm there and i like to feel calm. I got out of london for more space and i would be happy to live the rest of my life in england but one of the reasons we want to move abroad in a few years is so we can buy some where with a bit more land.

Would love if we could afford to have a place with 3 or 4 acres in england bit of water running through it and some nice trees and land to grow veg. It is just not realistic that we will ever be able to afford that in this country, would prefer it if we could.

thats really interesting, i would have assumed youd be able to "get by" with Engish, but everyday life (supermarket, office job, reading the paper, ordering tickets etc) would be difficult with just English

The Dutch's English is superb. English classes are very intense and begin as soon as you start school

I have a place in latvia and i would be happy to live there because it is so quiet and we have so much space i feel calm there and i like to feel calm. I got out of london for more space and i would be happy to live the rest of my life in england but one of the reasons we want to move abroad in a few years is so we can buy some where with a bit more land.

Would love if we could afford to have a place with 3 or 4 acres in england bit of water running through it and some nice trees and land to grow veg. It is just not realistic that we will ever be able to afford that in this country, would prefer it if we could.

Not tempted by a whole French village ? Yep tp afford that sort of idyll you have to be quite remote I think and able to generate an income working the land or from home and that is never easy. I still have similar dreams and am trying to work out how I might be able to achieve it.

Not tempted by a whole French village ? Yep tp afford that sort of idyll you have to be quite remote I think and able to generate an income working the land or from home and that is never easy. I still have similar dreams and am trying to work out how I might be able to achieve it.

Not really that keen on working :eek: we have looked at majorca which on the face of it sounds tacky but if you go to the non tourist areas in the hills you can get a bit of a land for your money. The idea is to sell our place here and keep the one in worthing to rent out and live off the rent and our savings. Just need to pay the lads school and then i hope university fees then give him deposit for a flat.

So yeah i doubt it will happen but we can all dream and think of ways to make it happen. The idea of retiring by my early 50's and tending to the fruit and veg patch before going down to the beach and getting my old little sail boat and doing a bit of fishing. ahhh the dream, maybe i should start playing the lottery.

Back