• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

IMAX cinemas

I was looking forward to my first trip to the Southampton IMAX. Turns out its not a real IMAX according to web geeks. Shame.

I went and saw Avengers at the Crawley Imax. We were sat about 5 rows back and it felt too close. Great film but a lot of the early action was hard to follow, a bit blurry. Some parts of the screeen didn't appear to actually work in 3D. The overall visual and sonic experience was great but make sure you sit further back.

I always pay for the premier seats which are over halfway back so never had that problem, but could definitely see it as an issue if you sit near the front. Having said which, never understood why people sit in the first 5 or so rows at a cinema, if they have a choice.

I always pay for the premier seats which are over halfway back so never had that problem, but could definitely see it as an issue if you sit near the front. Having said which, never understood why people sit in the first 5 or so rows at a cinema, if they have a choice.
By the end your neck is sore from craning upwards and your eyes feel like they're gonna fall out! I usually go to late-night showings on a wednesday, can pretty much sit wherever I like!

Yes front was not by choice but a mate had not grasped how busy it was going to be. I have forgiven him..just.

at the time of watching the trailer pre Avengers, I said to my Nephews sitting either side saying 'Prometheus' WOW now that looks great.. they were meh!

To let people know..

Waterloo just put up a whole new batch of screenings for Batman. :)

Be quick best seats a going .

New screen for Waterloo IMAX:

[video=youtube;-9d1AH3ijDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9d1AH3ijDE[/video]

Back