• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I want Poch back

I'd love Poch back.
Very few teams get to win the top prizes and the majority of those that do are backed by mega money.
I'm fine with the fact we're not a tittle winning team, but the game is about feelings and emotions and getting excited.
Under Harry was exciting, under Poch was exciting.
He lost his way at the end but he was hampered also by a total lack of investment.
Come home Poch

It was good for a while, but there was also the trainwreck that ended with his sacking. That CL run covered up how utterly rubbish we were. I just don't see it working out a second time.
How much did Poch get to spend on new players? Conte got to spend more these last two windows than Poch did in his last 3 years.

I'd love Poch back.
Very few teams get to win the top prizes and the majority of those that do are backed by mega money.
I'm fine with the fact we're not a tittle winning team, but the game is about feelings and emotions and getting excited.
Under Harry was exciting, under Poch was exciting.
He lost his way at the end but he was hampered also by a total lack of investment.
Come home Poch

Exactly that. Let's have fun, just want fun.

Do you know why Pochettino failed? We had three transfer windows with zero activity. The players were ran in to the ground, not fresh and so were stale and under performing. Our league form fell but that was ‘ok’ whilst we were competing for the Champions League. fudge knows what happened with our signings following the CL loss. Ndombele, lo celso and Sessegnon, a LOT of money for players that either weren’t good enough, weren’t ready, or both.

Conte either needs full backing to get the squad that he wants. Or we need to appoint a different manager who gets full backing. One way or another the future is on Levy. We can’t achieve results or play good football whilst our squad is paper thin in terms of quality of players the manager likes.

It is a fair point.

Poch was not without blame which you and the other fan boys ignored. But it was more fun then.

We didn't, it was just never something which outweighed the positives.

And here we are several years down the line with you wanting him back so we can all see what's what with that argument

Do you know why Pochettino failed? We had three transfer windows with zero activity. The players were ran in to the ground, not fresh and so were stale and under performing. Our league form fell but that was ‘ok’ whilst we were competing for the Champions League. fudge knows what happened with our signings following the CL loss. Ndombele, lo celso and Sessegnon, a LOT of money for players that either weren’t good enough, weren’t ready, or both.

Conte either needs full backing to get the squad that he wants. Or we need to appoint a different manager who gets full backing. One way or another the future is on Levy. We can’t achieve results or play good football whilst our squad is paper thin in terms of quality of players the manager likes.
And Poch never adapted his coaching to coaches
Missed a huge trick there

I do get the feeling Conte will end up walking away. There’s an air of dissatisfaction amongst the crowd, something that he’s already referred to. Unless he thinks he will get what he needs in January then I can’t see him sticking around. He doesn’t need the job.

It would be a shame as before Kulusevski’s injury, we were playing better. He’s not fully returned yet so we haven’t been able to get going. Levy NEEDS to back him. I have spoken out against Conte as others have mostly in frustration at how we play but I also know we have big weaknesses that just won’t be fixed overnight. So maybe we should all get behind Conte whilst he is here, hope that he’s backed with signings and that we can start becoming a better team from after our return from the World Cup.

It was the right time to let Poch go. He looked a shell of his former self when he left. The performances were going downhill for about 18 months with the CL run papering over the cracks.
I don't know if it's the right time for Poch to come back (or if there ever is a right time for a second stint) but I'm sure it would be more enjoyable.

I'd still give Conte another year of rebuilding and see where we are. The second half of last season was entertaining enough and it was winning football. I don't know why the regression in performances this season when I thought we'd really kick on.

Back