• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Most complaints about the handling of Lamela has been aimed at AVB.

Still very early days under Sherwood, he's at least shown some willingness to start Lamela before his injury.

this

saying he will play him off the front? music to my ears

i think he'll get lots of goals and assists combination totals from there. he plays like one of those team players that individually doesnt look all that but has the brain and the technical ability to make a team move count for something deadly.

who knows, all he nneeds is some consistent average performances to get into those positions and then his confidence will kick on from there? maybe i'll get to see this one of kind one of the best youth prospects in the world that people have been talking about

i think sherwood is doing well in getting us to attack.
its in defence that i am beginning to worry. we'll know when we meet Emirates Marketing Project and liverpool again.

Ok, ok, I get all the Lamela love and really hope it comes good for him here.

But what does "play off the front" really mean? Play with Ade instead of Solly, or with Solly instead of Ade? Or with both of them, and if so instead of who? Do we play the wonky 442 or go 4231? On the right instead of Lennon in one of the front three berths in a 433?

Where would people ideally play him if everyone was fit?

this

saying he will play him off the front? music to my ears

i think he'll get lots of goals and assists combination totals from there. he plays like one of those team players that individually doesnt look all that but has the brain and the technical ability to make a team move count for something deadly.

who knows, all he nneeds is some consistent average performances to get into those positions and then his confidence will kick on from there? maybe i'll get to see this one of kind one of the best youth prospects in the world that people have been talking about

I could have sworn you was against playing him off the top at first? What's made you think he can play that role now?

But what does "play off the front" really mean? Play with Ade instead of Solly, or with Solly instead of Ade? Or with both of them, and if so instead of who? Do we play the wonky 442 or go 4231? On the right instead of Lennon in one of the front three berths in a 433?

I read it as Lamela and Chadli being options to play just behind either Soldado or Ade. Similar to when AVB played Paulinho pushed up almost right next to Soldado.

When everyone is fit and we're playing two strikers in Ade and Soldado/Defoe I don't think there's an obvious starting place for Lamela right now considering how well Lennon is doing.

Play off the front to me either means the creative number 10 or a very narrow wing forward who gets in the box to score goals. I reckon we will end up seeing him in a fluid three rotating with a striker and perhaps Eriksen, whilst service comes from one of Lennon/Townsend. Still a wonky but with a bit more coming from central areas.

I could have sworn you was against playing him off the top at first? What's made you think he can play that role now?

got me wrong mate.....i'll point you to the tactics thread? have a look at that wonky i had there with lamela off the top with soldado (before ade came into fruition)

and in fact in this same thread, quite a few times i have agreed he is more of a central looking player than a winger

i'm actually not against playing him anywhere cause i dont know much about him aside from that fact that even though i was right after targetted from the start for being honest about his performances. in fact i have always had him as someone i wanted to come narrow and play central

let me find some evidence if i can.......

edit:- i think i know what you are talking about ...this is the time when under AVB we were playing a 451? **** knows what that "intellectual" was playing anyway, and you wanted him as the primary creative playmaker in the middle.....nah, i was against that and still am...too much pressure and too much on his shoulder

a simple replacement in this 442 wonky with soldado is what will do me fine......cause eriksen is still the main creative guy if you see.....lamela will just play his simple team game through the middle which invariably should put him in assisting and scoring positions without that much effort to get there...i think he'll deliver better under those conditions

the difference for me is the manager, the tempo, the formation and the team selection...look at the guys that are playing now? footballers, hold up players, wide player makers..it wont all rest on his shoulders as the main creative force that we are depending on in the middle

Last edited:

Probably with Soldado just because they both speak spanish. But i could see Erik linking up well with Ade. Lamela would play right under or around the main forward.

Of course this just my opinion from what I have seen.....thus far...I dont know how he trains or his attitude.

I reckon we have all the Raw materials to produce a world star for the future....I can see why he is struggling with the English game but is essential we pesevere with him. Time and patience and try and build him up physically. He has the touch and dribbling to wow us.

Being an Argentine there is no reason why we should expect lengthy service from him say more than five years.....the challenge is to develop the Talent as we did with Gareth.......We brought the best out of Gareth after a fashion we will do the same with Erik......Patience is needed.

^ thats it

same gareth situation but with a foreigner who from south america.

we've seen lamela capable of a great delivery, but i think his best position would be attacking the goal with the ball at his feet, taking on a CB straight on.

he looks scared to try it... and ade going mental everytime lamela doesn't pass it to him isn't helping. hope timmy sorts out the on-pitch discipline before the prima donnas return

I think the WC is the crucial variable here. If Lamela's place in the Argentina squad is secure - because they rate him so highly or because there's no better option for his spot - then I think he'll stick around. But if he and his dad are jumpy about missing the WC for lack of regular football, that might change.

... and ade going mental everytime lamela doesn't pass it to him isn't helping. hope timmy sorts out the on-pitch discipline before the prima donnas return

I've never been one of Adebayor's biggest fans, but he's definitely been useful during the past month or so and I'm happy to admit that he has proved me wrong about not wanting to ever see him in a Spurs shirt again. But I agree with metalgear's observation... Ade really needs to stop sulking and getting stroppy every time another Spurs player makes what he sees as a mistake. I mean, it's not like he hasn't made more than his fair share!

I would like to see the old 4-3-2-1 formation played.

Sandro Bentaleb Dembele

Lamela Eriksen

Soldado/Ade​

Providing we buy a good left back, who can attack, then I can't see why that wouldn't work but I'd make one change to the team.

^ thats it

same gareth situation but with a foreigner who from south america.

we've seen lamela capable of a great delivery, but i think his best position would be attacking the goal with the ball at his feet, taking on a CB straight on.

he looks scared to try it... and ade going mental everytime lamela doesn't pass it to him isn't helping. hope timmy sorts out the on-pitch discipline before the prima donnas return

When have Ade and Lamela been on the pitch at the same time? Ade didn't play until TS took over and Lamela has been injured or benched for most of Tim's reign so far hasn't he?

I think Lamela is suffering from a case of "becoming better with each game he doesn't play-itus" on this forum.

I want it to work out for the kid but I think a lot of people would have a different opinion about him if we didn't spend 30m on him and there weren't a few shiny as **** highlight vids of him on youtube

When have Ade and Lamela been on the pitch at the same time? Ade didn't play until TS took over and Lamela has been injured or benched for most of Tim's reign so far hasn't he?

I think Lamela is suffering from a case of "becoming better with each game he doesn't play-itus" on this forum.

I want it to work out for the kid but I think a lot of people would have a different opinion about him if we didn't spend 30m on him and there weren't a few shiny as **** highlight vids of him on youtube

but they are very shiny

got me wrong mate.....i'll point you to the tactics thread? have a look at that wonky i had there with lamela off the top with soldado (before ade came into fruition)

and in fact in this same thread, quite a few times i have agreed he is more of a central looking player than a winger

i'm actually not against playing him anywhere cause i dont know much about him aside from that fact that even though i was right after targetted from the start for being honest about his performances. in fact i have always had him as someone i wanted to come narrow and play central

let me find some evidence if i can.......

edit:- i think i know what you are talking about ...this is the time when under AVB we were playing a 451? **** knows what that "intellectual" was playing anyway, and you wanted him as the primary creative playmaker in the middle.....nah, i was against that and still am...too much pressure and too much on his shoulder

a simple replacement in this 442 wonky with soldado is what will do me fine......cause eriksen is still the main creative guy if you see.....lamela will just play his simple team game through the middle which invariably should put him in assisting and scoring positions without that much effort to get there...i think he'll deliver better under those conditions

the difference for me is the manager, the tempo, the formation and the team selection...look at the guys that are playing now? footballers, hold up players, wide player makers..it wont all rest on his shoulders as the main creative force that we are depending on in the middle

Good post.

They both started against Southampton.

Well why shouldnt we get excited about our record signing, £30m is massive for us and we all want to see him play and what he can do. I don't see whats wrong with that.

I remember Lamela coming on against Stoke I think it was and Adebayor moaning at him everytime he got the ball.

Back