• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

If he wasn't actually injured dont you think he'd be kicking up a lot more of a fuss considering its World Cup year? I'm sure the media in Argentina would have picked up on this at the very least....

he has been playing poorly for the argies apparently , his confidence has followed him to international games

would it be wise to make another torres situation or be more cautious? it could go either way but i dont think the boy wants to kick up a fuss at all. I think he welcomes the break from all the pressure

Have we seen the last of Lamela in a spurs shirt? Have we seen Lamela in a Spurs shirt?

Biggest ongoing transfer joke in world football.

The anti Spurs mob love to have a dig and this guy is one of their favourite cases. If he was at UTD or somewhere else and struggling to adapt the journo's wouldn't write much at all, but because he is one of ours they can't help themselves. Personally I've seen enough of him to know that he has quality, it just comes down to our club to get that out of him on a regular basis. If that means letting him settle in and get fit then fine.

Have we seen the last of Lamela in a spurs shirt? Have we seen Lamela in a Spurs shirt?

Biggest ongoing transfer joke in world football.

Hopefully the Tottenham record signing curse hasn't struck again and we'll see Erik plus Roberto' true worth next season... [-o<

1991 - Gordon Durie - £2m
1994 - Ilie Dumitrescu - £2.6m
1994 - Gheorge Popescu- £2.9m
1995 - Chris Armstrong - £4.5m
1997 - Les Ferdinand - £6m
2000 - Sergei Rebrov - £11m
2005 - Darren Bent - £16m
2008 - Luka Modric -£16.5m
2013 - Roberto Soldado - £26m
2013 - Erik Lamela - £30m

Last edited:

@BenPearceSpurs: #thfc TS on Lamela: "We’re hoping he’ll be back before end of season, but I don’t think he's anywhere near resuming training or selection."

[tweet]441955226502053889[/tweet]

Doesn't make a difference, he won't be able to get a game anyway but jokers like Naughton and Rose still get a game. Different positions I know but it astonishes me how players like Lamela and Eriksen haven't started almost every game.

Doesn't make a difference, he won't be able to get a game anyway but jokers like Naughton and Rose still get a game. Different positions I know but it astonishes me how players like Lamela and Eriksen haven't started almost every game.

Exactly this. We can all see that those two players have that something extra to their game, yet they don't play. That said, we have no idea how Lamela may have turned out having played all this time under Sherwood

Hopefully the Tottenham record signing curse hasn't struck again and we'll see Erik plus Roberto' true worth next season... [-o<

1991 - Gordon Durie - £2m
1994 - Ilie Dumitrescu - £2.6m
1994 - Gheorge Popescu- £2.9m
1995 - Chris Armstrong - £4.5m
1997 - Les Ferdinand - £6m
2000 - Sergei Rebrov - £11m
2005 - Darren Bent - £16m
2008 - Luka Modric -£16.5m
2013 - Roberto Soldado - £26m
2013 - Erik Lamela - £30m

Lamela won't be £30m as the extra £4.2m was dependent on us getting CL and Lamela meeting certain performance related clauses.

http://news.yahoo.com/tottenham-living-regret-sale-gareth-bale-091403936.html
"...The less said about Erik Lamela, on whom Spurs splashed out 30 million pounds but who has been a major flop this season and is currently out injured, the better..."

"Lame"-ela, indeed...
COYS

Yeah, the major flop whose injuries have limited him to ten starts for a struggling Spurs team. I've certainly seen enough of him to conclude he's overrated and pretty much worthless. He'll likely never recover either.

Yeah, the major flop whose injuries have limited him to ten starts for a struggling Spurs team. I've certainly seen enough of him to conclude he's overrated and pretty much worthless. He'll likely never recover either.

=D>

Glad I'm not the only one ****ed off by all these journalists bashing Lamela. If he were to come good next season I'd expect the lot of them to be heralding him as World Class and stating how they could see it all along lol

The club needs to be very smart about Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado.

The next manager needs to keep them in his plans, get a good preseason in with them, make sure they know they are part of his plans and we could have a real bonus start to next season.

The club needs to be very smart about Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado.

The next manager needs to keep them in his plans, get a good preseason in with them, make sure they know they are part of his plans and we could have a real bonus start to next season.

I agree with you here. We simply can't make a judgement on a lot of these players, because they are too early into their stay in England. The only new player I really feel like isn't good enough is Chadli, and I wouldn't have an issue with moving on. Just don't think he does enough for me as an outside forward to be worth starting matches. The others haven't turned into poor players overnight, and I think that we've certainly seen enough flashes from Eriksen, Paulinho, Soldado, Capoue, Vlad, and Lamela to feel like they have something to offer going forward.

I would love next season to see an attack built around a young core of Lamela, Eriksen, and Townsend with Ade, Soldado, Sandro, etc adding the necessary veteran steel.

I'd love to see us line-up on opening day with something resembling...

-------Goalkeeper (hopefully still Hugo, but I could see him moving for CL)----------
Walker---Chiriches---Verts (or good CB replacement)---New Left Back (Shaw? Umtiti? Fryers?)
-------------------Sandro---------Paulinho-------------
Lamela----------------Eriksen-------------Adebayor (roaming behind Soldado)
--------------Soldado (also roaming)-------------

There are goals in that side, as all of our front six, except Sandro, have scored goals throughout their career. Also, all of those players (Sandro included) are one-touch, passing footballers. Obviously, against better sides you could drop in a Bentaleb or a Capoue, but I would be very excited to see this side week in, week out.

We'd also probably need to buy a young striker to rotate, esp as Ade and Soldado are a bit older. I'd also take a punt on a couple of young players, who we could develop. Possibly a Jordy Clasie, Michy Batshuayi, or even a UK-based player like Ward-Prowse or Shaw.

I'd also be happy selling Siggurdson, Dembele, Rose, Naughton, Livermore, and Dawson. I'd look to keep Holtby and Capoue and do my best to hold on to Lloris and Vertonghen. That said, you can replace CBs easier than goal keepers, so I'd fight harder for Hugo.

I think during the 'optimistic' summer, most agreeded our strongest starting XI
would be:

........................Soldado

......Chadli........Eriksen........Lamela

................Sandro......Paulinho

Rose.....Vertonghen...Kaboul.....Walker

............................Lloris

I dont think weve sern that team or anything close to it take the field ONCE!

Yep and the worst thing is that that team on paper looks like it could do the business against a fair few teams. I think we came close with Townsend playing instead of Lamela and Sig instead of Chadli vs Chelsea at WHL but other than that we have had so many injuries, that 11 have never been fit at the same time.

agree with most if that, I don't think Lamela or Chadli justify selection ahead of Lennon and Townsend (or Siggy) though

What annoys me most though is that a lot of people think we have to choose between Townsend and Lamela when we could quite conceivably play the two in the same system. The two of them have different skill sets and operate best in different areas of the pitch.

Back