• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

And I wouldn't care. I'd prefer a successful team, than just keeping one person happy. It's the transfer window, if he's that unhappy then 'bye bye'.

You just contradicted yourself isn't that the whole reason you want Lamela in the team to keep him happy?

I just think Timmeh prefers quick head-down on the break players in principle, and Lamela's fate as an indirect inverted player is terminal whilst he remains in charge.

His development teams didn't play like that, so there seems little reason to assume that his first teams will once he is given time to instill his ideas.

You just contradicted yourself isn't that the whole reason you want Lamela in the team to keep him happy?

No, I want Lamela in the team as he's the better player. Football is based upon choosing the best players, applying the right tactics and good management.

I appreciate that perhaps dismissing Adebayor isn't always considered short term good management, but long term Lamela in the team is likely to bring us better results.

No, I want Lamela in the team as he's the better player. Football is based upon choosing the best players, applying the right tactics and good management.

I appreciate that perhaps dismissing Adebayor isn't always considered short term good management, but long term Lamela in the team is likely to bring us better results.

Surely there is always a balance to be struck between what is in the best interests of the team in the short term and the long term and that at different times one would take priority over the other. Whilst our points total for the season so far, it is a tight league and with a new manager coming in (and a handful of very poor results under AVB) immediate success must have been the priority so far under Sherwood.

Did you watch a lot of Lamela before he came to us?

He's had 17 appearances this season.

Ade's had 7.

One of them has been a hell of a lot more productive then the other in my opinion

Would love to see us try:

-----------------Lloris-----------------

Walker--Kaboul--Vertonghen--Rose

----Dembele---Sandro---Eriksen---

---------------Adebayor-------------
---------Lamela---------Soldado----

Ade in the false 9 position. Ideally it would be a player like Rooney. Try and mirror what Roma did with Totti just behind Lamela and Osvaldo

I think Lamela has been handled terribly if I'm being honest and I don't believe there's one hard and fast rule for all. Lamela cost £26m, he's young, new to the league, new to the country, new to everything, you can't just tell him to get to the back of the line if he doesn't put in a match-winning performance, people won't like it but you can't treat a £26m asset the same way you treat those who cost relatively small amounts. He needs to be played into form and comfort, you get that over a run of games, not 20 minutes here and there at the end of a game. He put in a man of the match performance in the Europa, didn't start the next game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, didn't even get on as a sub and then has to wait two weeks before he then gets a start ... away to Emirates Marketing Project where we were humilated, that was diabolical management all-round from AVB. He's basically being made to look like a complete joke and what's worse is that some fans are even beginning to get on his back for it.

I think Lamela has been handled terribly if I'm being honest and I don't believe there's one hard and fast rule for all. Lamela cost £26m, he's young, new to the league, new to the country, new to everything, you can't just tell him to get to the back of the line if he doesn't put in a match-winning performance, people won't like it but you can't treat a £26m asset the same way you treat those who cost relatively small amounts. He needs to be played into form and comfort, you get that over a run of games, not 20 minutes here and there at the end of a game. He put in a man of the match performance in the Europa, didn't start the next game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, didn't even get on as a sub and then has to wait two weeks before he then gets a start ... away to Emirates Marketing Project where we were humilated, that was diabolical management all-round from AVB. He's basically being made to look like a complete joke and what's worse is that some fans are even beginning to get on his back for it.

I agree fully with you on AVB on this topic. Makes absolutely no sense to give him his first start away to City and then to drop him. It continues to me to look like a part of a backroom argument being brought into the player selection as if AVB wanted to show that he's right not to pick Lamela (and Ade) by playing them in arguably the toughest game of the season only.

I agree fully with you on AVB on this topic. Makes absolutely no sense to give him his first start away to City and then to drop him. It continues to me to look like a part of a backroom argument being brought into the player selection as if AVB wanted to show that he's right not to pick Lamela (and Ade) by playing them in arguably the toughest game of the season only.

Smacks of proving a point indeed. Just like Sherwood playing Bentaleb and Ade.

I think Bentaleb is because of injuries and suspensions to our other central midfielders

We still have Capoue available. One is a French senior international, the other has one U19 cap. There's more to it than simply 'knowing Bentaleb better' for me.

so its Timmeh now is it.....just like you used to say Mehgredo whilst he was at Sevilla and we were linked with him :rolleyes: jeez

Ha ha,I was thinking about the 'Mehgredo' thing last night as I was watching him smash a hattrick in against the Spam. If only we had someone whose finishing was that meh.

We still have Capoue available. One is a French senior international, the other has one U19 cap. There's more to it than simply 'knowing Bentaleb better' for me.

I think that the suggestion has been that he is still struggling for fitness - I cannot back this up though

Why are people now saying that Lamela should play up front? Has he ever actually played in that position?

From what I've heard he played out wide for Roma, and played in the number 10 role in Argentina, so why should he now suddenly play up front for us?

This has probably been already discussed but I'm sure Soldado would have scored a lot for City as well. It's like he's started his career here again with a partner up front and I'm hoping he will still come good for us.

Hang on, what thread am I in? Lamela....if we swap him (regardless of extra money) for a striker nearly 10 yrs older, should the Juve rumours be true, then we are idiots.

I see Diego puts him right up top and I agree. Why not try it? He did it for Roma as Diego points out and with his technical ability he doesn't need to trick his way round someone then make a run and try and then do something (like a deeper winger/playmaker), he can just trick his way round the last line of defence and put the ball in the damn net instead!

Back