• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Makes a useful contribution as a sub

Calls for him to start every game

Starts the next few games and underwhelms/shows promise

Gets injured

And the cycle continues
It shows that coming on as a sub and having an impact when playing against tired players is a lot easier than having an impact from the start when your opponent is at an equal level of tiredness as yourself.

His brickhousery when son scored is missed
The TV cut away but Fernandinho is trying to get the ball out of the gaol for the restart and Lamela is trying to wrestle him for the ball.
Was enjoying the celebration s but I did catch that out of the corner of my eye.

Gotta love it .....always time for a bit of brickhousery.

Changed the game when he came on, a frustrating player at times but he almost always changes the game and our work rate when coming off of the bench.

Yeah, but rarely impacts the game enough when playing from the start. Maybe his role for us is as a high energy impact sub when we need some gee-ing up? can you find space on the bench for a player like that?

Did very well tonight. But that’s the problem, he does well in cameos and can’t sustain it for more than a few games here and there or he does but gets injured.

I can’t believe after nearly 7 years of Groundhog Day levels of injuries and performances that people STILL think he’s some kind of panacea. Averages 30 games a season and around 4-5 goals.

Did very well tonight. But that’s the problem, he does well in cameos and can’t sustain it for more than a few games here and there or he does but gets injured.

I can’t believe after nearly 7 years of Groundhog Day levels of injuries and performances that people STILL think he’s some kind of panacea. Averages 30 games a season and around 4-5 goals.

No one thinks that.

I've seen two comments from you this evening, this and one about Davies, where you seem more interested in straw man arguments to try and dig at other fans than you are commenting on the game. Why?

No one thinks that.

I've seen two comments from you this evening, this and one about Davies, where you seem more interested in straw man arguments to try and dig at other fans than you are commenting on the game. Why?

Because we have an injury crisis with our front line and yet we continue to carry injury prone players that aren’t worth carrying. If they were freaks like Ledley King was then I’d be all for keeping players like Lamela around. We really don’t help ourselves at times. After 7 years his injury record is still patchy at best but some get collective amnesia and forget that he plays well for a few games then gets injured again. It’s just pointless carrying players that can’t get on the field regularly, sorry.

Because we have an injury crisis with our front line and yet we continue to carry injury prone players that aren’t worth carrying. If they were freaks like Ledley King was then I’d be all for keeping players like Lamela around. We really don’t help ourselves at times. After 7 years his injury record is still patchy at best but some get collective amnesia and forget that he plays well for a few games then gets injured again. It’s just pointless carrying players that can’t get on the field regularly, sorry.
We need him till the summer though
I still think you could sell him, Dier and Wanyama and get £50/£60m combined which is Werner if a big chunk of Sancho money

So Mourinho said afterwards that Lamela had no training sessions with the team in prep for this game. Half an hour was all he could give, hence him not starting.
I'd love him to be ready to begin against Chelsea but can't see it.

Ridiculous that we play midday Saturday after a Wednesday game yet the Scousers get a Monday game after a Tuesday CL fixture.

Back