• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Needs to be moved on. It isn't useful having a player so consistently injured in the squad.

Tend to agree with this, managers try and have a plan about what they consider to be their best team and what players could/would fit in to that. Sad to say but Lamela spends as much time out injured as he does playing and in the long term that does not help a manager.

Tend to agree with this, managers try and have a plan about what they consider to be their best team and what players could/would fit in to that. Sad to say but Lamela spends as much time out injured as he does playing and in the long term that does not help a manager.

He must have a very good agent!

I think that he is exactly what he looks for in big games and would be made for the tucked in forward role that Moura is currently playing.

Where that falls down is Lamela’s injury record. Just can’t be relied on to be a regular unfortunately. Also Moura offers more of a goal threat and actually does well against the big games. His record against the big teams, away from home especially is very good.

It is easy to criticize the players like Lamela for getting injured frequently. But maybe it is not all the players' fault. We have had too many injury problems in the last 2 seasons. I think it has something to do with Pochettino's training methods being too heavy. Notice that Ndombele already looks injury-prone since joining us. Let's see if Mourinho can solve our injury problems.

It is easy to criticize the players like Lamela for getting injured frequently. But maybe it is not all the players' fault. We have had too many injury problems in the last 2 seasons. I think it has something to do with Pochettino's training methods being too heavy. Notice that Ndombele already looks injury-prone since joining us. Let's see if Mourinho can solve our injury problems.
The guy has been constantly injured in how whole period here at Spurs
That’s not the manager

It would be a valid point if Lamela wasn't injured above and beyond almost all of our other players.

How the hell did he get injured again this time? Yet another injury and yet again in training? I mean....really?

I was so excited when we bought him but it just hasn't worked out. Part of the reason Eriksen's loss is being felt so acutely is that one of the few players in the squad who can do something roughly similar to him spends almost all of his time injured. It isn't good enough at the top and frankly, he isn't good enough (or us brick enough) to warrant having such an injury prone player in the squad.

What’s the latest on Erik’s return? As much as he’s always been an in and out player, we could really do with him at the moment with the Eriksen situation. I know Dele has found a bit of form linking to the forwards but we can’t rely on one player.

Erik as an option off the right at the moment would give us good balance another player to accept the ball from defence.

What’s the latest on Erik’s return? As much as he’s always been an in and out player, we could really do with him at the moment with the Eriksen situation. I know Dele has found a bit of form linking to the forwards but we can’t rely on one player.

Erik as an option off the right at the moment would give us good balance another player to accept the ball from defence.

Update today was that he has “commenced integration into first team training following a hamstring problem.”
So, edging closer.....to his next injury.

Rumour has it that he is chomping at the bit and is ready to take the footballing world by storm........next pre season.

I do not disagree, but we all what will happen he will play a couple of games and get injured again. The truth is we can not relie on him to be available very often.

Back