• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

He largely played a different role last season (took one for the team) between injuries. He's good there but is going to look a bit flat when comparing this to his form in more dynamic positions. I am sure that he will get plenty of chances now that we have two games a week again, it would be a mistake to play Lamela that frequently.

I wouldn’t say Alli has regressed, but I certainly don’t think he’s a better player than he was 2 seasons ago. I think it’s right that Poch hasn’t just shoehorned Alli back into the side because he is fit. Lamela has scored important goals and is in the side on merit right now. Fully accept he has been utilised in different positions but his overall play and end product needs to improve to the level he was at during his first two seasons with us.

Lamela gets a lot of stick in this thread from a lot of people but I honestly think he has been one of our better players this season.

And as for yesterday, everything positive creativity came from him.

Lamela gets a lot of stick in this thread from a lot of people but I honestly think he has been one of our better players this season.

He and Son have been the brightest players so far. I really hope he stays fit this year.

But could we have created more with another player in his position?
First half everything went though Lamela. Much less second half and we should have brought on someone for him earlier

But could we have created more with another player in his position?
First half everything went though Lamela. Much less second half and we should have bought on someone for him earlier

Well my man, I am open to suggestions, who would you rather have in his stead? Despite the often repeated refrain that Eriksen "makes my pants sticky", apart from his cameo against Villa, he has been rank been either poor or at best rank average.

But yesterday I would suggest that the problem was not that Lamela did not make enough chances but rather that the chances were not taken.

Interestingly, once Lamela went off our creatively upfront dried up.

For the record I am happy to see us play with a more productive player than Lamela, who do you suggest?

Well my man, I am open to suggestions, who would you rather have in his stead? Despite the often repeated refrain that Eriksen "makes my pants sticky", apart from his cameo against Villa, he has been rank been either poor or at best rank average.

But yesterday I would suggest that the problem was not that Lamela did not make enough chances but rather that the chances were not taken.

Interestingly, once Lamela went off our creatively upfront dried up.

For the record I am happy to see us play with a more productive player than Lamela, who do you suggest?

Moura is a real option being under utilised
Can play with both feet too
Lamela has a fine first half but was on the periphery second half

If we’re playing 3 in midfield it can work
Pool do it and their midfielders have little creativity
They rely on the front 3 doing their job
Their midfield while not been outright creative have good touch, good passing ranges, quick execution and are actually excellent at taking the ball on the half turn then coupled with the pace and dribbling of Mane and Salah particularly their system works. Of course Firminio is more of ACM who can score but that does mean his link play flows.

I don't think we really have the right blend to play a proper 3. Son and Kane can do it but we are lacking the 3rd player, Moura isn't tricky enough nor quite strong enough on the ball. Our options are all good payers in their own right but not quite the correct blend I don't think. Although a better midfield might make the blend better. No midfield with Sissoko in it will ever work attack wise. All of your 3 CMS need to be all rounders able to receive and play through pressure. They need to be able to take the ball on the half turn and play it forward quickly and accurately. I've seen enough of Ndombele to believe he can do it as he has already demonstrated so. Sissoko is a write off in that regard and I'm not convinced with Winks, I want him to be that player but his pass is just safely safely all the time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Their midfield while not been outright creative have good touch, good passing ranges, quick execution and are actually excellent at taking the ball on the half turn then coupled with the pace and dribbling of Mane and Ham Salad particularly their system works. Of course Firminio is more of ACM who can score but that does mean his link play flows.

I don't think we really have the right blend to play a proper 3. Son and Kane can do it but we are lacking the 3rd player, Moura isn't tricky enough nor quite strong enough on the ball. Our options are all good payers in their own right but not quite the correct blend I don't think. Although a better midfield might make the blend better. No midfield with Sissoko in it will ever work attack wise. All of your 3 CMS need to be all rounders able to receive and play through pressure. They need to be able to take the ball on the half turn and play it forward quickly and accurately. I've seen enough of Ndombele to believe he can do it as he has already demonstrated so. Sissoko is a write off in that regard and I'm not convinced with Winks, I want him to be that player but his pass is just safely safely all the time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Moura for me is a beast for his size
I agree sissoko May big be best in that set up
I’m not a fan of that set up for us anyway

Back