• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

He wasn’t poor. The team was poor
He was one of the better attacking players

Saturday as you say was more my fault (I wasn't going to say anything) than anything Lamela did or didn't do.
I'm not a big fan but it would be stupid to lay any fault for the City route at his door.

One of my biggest gripes (or fan hissy fits as I prefer to call them) was Kane looking like he was using the game as a training/fitness exercise.

He's a newer, more Argie version of Aaron Lennon. Defensively one of the best in the team, carrying ability with the ball and an eye for a tricky pass. But, he's not scoring enough for the amount of ball he's seeing. Can rarely recall him making any Eriksen distance efforts since the goal against Burnley about three years ago. He's been a good addition for the final half of the season, much to Moura's expense. We looked pretty damn good in those games Harry was out, with Lamela and Son in with Eriksen-sen-sen and Alli.

He looks like he doesn’t want to shoot. He only had one shot at the weekend, a shot that went right of the goal. He had other opportunities including one in the first half that he had made his way in to the box, was at the near post and could have pulled the trigger, but instead, decided to pass the bell and that led to lost possession.

I think he’s more than capable but he’s not showing his level right now. I’d say it was a confidence issue but, do you score goals like the one he scored against Swansea if your confidence is low?

He looks like he doesn’t want to shoot. He only had one shot at the weekend, a shot that went right of the goal. He had other opportunities including one in the first half that he had made his way in to the box, was at the near post and could have pulled the trigger, but instead, decided to pass the bell and that led to lost possession.

I think he’s more than capable but he’s not showing his level right now. I’d say it was a confidence issue but, do you score goals like the one he scored against Swansea if your confidence is low?

I’d say he is too busy sacrificing himself for the benefit of the team and it’s hindering his other parts of his game

He needs to get selfish in that case and score some goals, needs to have a chat with Harry.

nintchdbpict000005222280.jpg

Tottenham will secure the future of Erik Lamela after an impressive comeback from injury this season.

Lamela's contract was due to expire at the end of next season but Tottenham now have an option for the 2019-20 season, which they will trigger. That means Lamela will now not go into next season, the first at the new White Hart Lane, in the last year of his contract, and facing questions about his future.

After more than one year out with a persistent hip injury, Lamela has returned to the Tottenham first-team in recent months, and has made 10 starts for Mauricio Pochettino's side as well as 18 more substitute appearances.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...date-latest-mauricio-pochettino-a8310486.html

Back