• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Hip/back injuries can be very hard to sort out.. Hopefully it's not gout or some kind of infection like Harry Kewell had, because it's possible he'll never fully recover from that.

At least we're doing the right thing by him and giving him the time he needs to fully heal, no point rushing him back with painkillers and ruining his career.

'Tomorrow he will have a scan,' said Pochettino.

'It's still difficult to give a time for him to come back. We need to wait for what happens tomorrow. There are still some problems, and we're not sure of the diagnosis.

'So we need to wait for tomorrow. Now we are starting to be concerned about him, because it's nearly three months and we're still in a situation with no movement.'

Asked if Lamela will need an operation to resolve the problem, Pochettino continued: 'Today nobody advises that. It's better to wait until after tomorrow.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Erik-Lamela-s-hip-injury.html#ixzz4WDyl3uTF

Things not looking good re Lamela. Poch admitting he is now concerned and worried as it has been more than three months. It seemed to me that he didn't give him the usual platitudes e.g. "Eric's a very important player for us" or "it will be fantastic to have him back" or I have spoken to him every day and he can't wait to get back". Poch was very calm, almost dispassionate, and that doesnt strike me as looking too good for Eric back in a Spurs shirt anytime soon.

Lamela's injury problem is getting really strange. It seems like Pochettino and the medical team can't seem to find the real problem. It is as if someone used black magic on Lamela ! Remember, his problem started immediately after his on-field tussle with Son to take the penalty against ManCity.

Lamela's injury problem is getting really strange. It seems like Pochettino and the medical team can't seem to find the real problem. It is as if someone used black magic on Lamela ! Remember, his problem started immediately after his on-field tussle with Son to take the penalty against ManCity.

Good point. Shall we write to the club suggesting that they sacrifice Son on the centre circle before the next home game to lift the curse he obviously put on Lamela?

Good news. Not sure we'll see much of him this season though. I really thought this was going to be his year - hopefully he'll pick up from where he left off when we start next season.

A lot of players regularly have to play through pain. The idea of being 100% is something that disappears when you are about 25. It why Klopp gets so frustrated with Sturridge, because he doesn't really get that concept.

To your point, most professional athletes carry some kind of knock/niggling injury during the season.

Sturridge seems a little different (from what I read), where he is saying he is unfit, but the medical staff is not really backing him up, nothing other than player's word.

Son was right to try and take the penalty, he was on fire at the time.

Back