• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Erik Lamela - Official

He's a young player, new to the league and likely to improve significantly over the next couple of years for sure.

I still have high hopes for him this season though, he's already showed some of his ability already and we have a long season ahead of us.

It would help if he started a league game. Really hope he starts on Sunday.

what excites me is where the whole team is going. not one purchase individually...lamela seems like the kind of player that fits into the new ethos of where the team wants to go. a team game and not individual ones

what excites me is where the whole team is going. not one purchase individually...lamela seems like the kind of player that fits into the new ethos of where the team wants to go. a team game and not individual ones

Agreed.

And with players like Lamela and Eriksen we've got another dimension in that team seemingly whilst keeping that ethos you're talking about.

Re: Official - Lamela

i think the most pleasing thing this year is that we have addressed a few issues (though not all) in the squad and have a few options. how many years have we been complaining that we have no back up for when Lennon and/or Bale inevitably got injured? Now we have Townsend, Chadli, Lamela as well as Lennon and Siggy to give us some real options and some different options.

Lamela I see doing a similar job to Siggy on the right, cutting in and being dangerous, but he's a bit more tricksy than Siggy. The big thing is he is a quality player and once he settles in AVB will have a pretty strong squad to choose from. I think we just need to be patient. Siggy has come good for us and I think Erik will too in time.

copping a lot of abuse on twitter.

From Neanderthals quite possibly

He won't be anywhere near to his natural level till next year at the earliest. He needs to build up confidence and understand his team mates and the lace of the premier league. Once he has done that he will fly

"£33m? biggest piece of garbage seen on a football pitch in a long time"

"I think Downing offers more than Lamela"

"heard he was against his move from Roma, heart probably isnt in it"

He set up a goal tonight, he's a good player. Why the negative fuss?

he didn't actually set up a goal. i imagine negativity is stemming from him giving the ball away numerous times and being a £30m+ signing. He's just moved to the country, in a new team, cant speak a word of English, i'll give him a year to settle personally.

he didn't actually set up a goal. i imagine negativity is stemming from him giving the ball away numerous times and being a £30m+ signing. He's just moved to the country, in a new team, cant speak a word of English, i'll give him a year to settle personally.

That's the reasonable approach. I am sure Baldini knows a good player and if he was willing to persuade Levy to part with that much money then Lamela must be special. However he certainly had a poor game tonight and I can understand some fans concerns. I'd wager that most of the twitter trolling is coming from opposition fans though.

I wouldn't judge him on a game on that pitch. He's shown a lot talent from the games he's featured in. I'm happy with the way AVB is working him in to the side.

My eye sight must be getting really poor :lol:

:oops: truth is that I've half been glancing at the game, not been able to watch the whole lot, work and other commitments. I was told by a mate that Lamela had set one up and foolishly, it seems, I believed him :oops:

Likewise. I think the guy is a great talent. The nation is so used to immediate gratification that sometimes we forget that we need to be patient at times. I have no doubt that he'll be a success.

I want him to be a success, I really do. He looks classy, but not class - yet. I can't claim to have seen him at Roma, but thus far he's not beaten a man, not shown electric pace, not taken any decent shots but has assisted two goals, one for Defoe and one for Paulinho. Not a bad return so far. He is a kid, doesn't speak English and only just got here. I'm nervous though, I hope you guys are right.

I want him to be a success, I really do. He looks classy, but not class - yet. I can't claim to have seen him at Roma, but thus far he's not beaten a man, not shown electric pace, not taken any decent shots but has assisted two goals, one for Defoe and one for Paulinho. Not a bad return so far. He is a kid, doesn't speak English and only just got here. I'm nervous though, I hope you guys are right.

his style isn't beating a man with pace. He isn't rapid neither, I'd say his speed was close to that of Berbatov, who wasn't particularly slow but he could get away from a man with great balance and ball control. He isn't a shoot from distance and score in the top corner player neither. His goals consist of tap ins or curlers into the bottom corner from the edge of the box, once he hits his stride he'll be fine.

There is something about his footie demeanour that gives me confidence. That added to us not throwing him at the deepend ('cos we have such a billy big bollox excellent squad) makes me believe the boy will unleash at some point.

Back