• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I promise I will abort this thread for a bit. So you wont get that discussion from me. I cant really add anymore to what I have said previously.

I think I have done enough talk, and all I can do is hope that Lamela walks the walk.

I totally get the frustration of other posters on here, and I cant defend the indefensible, not great again today. I am prepared to give him time, all I would say to some posters is remember football fans can be very fickle and sometimes football can make a mug of you. Although its hard to see on current form he could have a hot streak in the not to distant future where he makes the difference for us.

Maybe or Maybe not, I just feel its too early to write him off yet.

He's been at Spurs for over 2 seasons and he hasnt had a hot streak at all yet.....why on earth do you think he'll have a hot streak now?

FFS, who should have started instead? Eriksen was injured. Would you REALLY havve started Alli there instead for his first PL game??

Some people....

Ahhh .. yes, validated by his input when he actually got on the pitch.

Winks, Alli, Pritchard, even fudging Bentaleb (who is way out of form) with Mason higher up ...

FFS, who should have started instead? Eriksen was injured. Would you REALLY havve started Alli there instead for his first PL game??

Some people....

...and everyone has to have their first PL game at some point....what's wrong with that being away at Leicester? Would you prefer away at Emirates Marketing Project?

Ahhh .. yes, validated by his input when he actually got on the pitch.

Winks, Alli, Pritchard, even fudgeing Bentaleb (who is way out of form) with Mason higher up ...

...Yes and wasn't he substituted? And didn't his replacement have an impact? Lamela tbf to Poch was more of a replacement for Eriksen on paper than any of those guys.
If we'd held our lead i don't think we'd be talking about all this tbh. Also, it's not like we conceded after 20 seconds of gaining our lead because of Lamela.
I think Lamela would have been benched if not for Eriksen.
Starting any of those other guys could equally have been hit or miss. None of those names were more guaranteed to perform better than Lamela on paper.

Let's be clear i think Lamela will get bench time, but him starting today was not ridiculous at all

I'd have played Mason at 10 personally

And then played dembele, Alli and Bentelab in the middle

Masons hard work alone would have won us plenty of ball in their half

Lamella gets booked after 5 minutes so he can't tackle or harass

He often can get booked yes; but often he does tackle and harrass and do this well. It's the lack of goals that is his undoing (as it is for Mason as well atm).

I would be prepared to try Mason further forward, but his shooting accuracy is equally shocking so we should be prepared for disappointment from him on that score as well

Would anyone pay £10m+ for him? Levy must be brewing with Baldini. Bar Eriksen who is a silver lining, we're still in a post-Bale flux thanks to Baldidi's signings.

Careful. We don't know who signed who so we can't be critical of Baldini apparently. Plus, there's all the positive stuff that we are allowed to talk about that he does.

Some people....

Anyone but Lamela bascially mate. Lamela was AWFUL last week. Pritchard, Mason and Alii all would have been better options. Or perhaps that player we signed this week, you know, the one that wasn't even on the bench.

Anyone but Lamela bascially mate. Lamela was AWFUL last week. Pritchard, Mason and Alii all would have been better options. Or perhaps that player we signed this week, you know, the one that wasn't even on the bench.

I'll give you N'Jie, not being in the squad WAS strange..i expect he'll be next week...at least i HOPE he will be...

Some people....

Based on last weeks substitute performance I definitely would have played Alli ahead of Lamela, especially when I conster how he played in the pre season friendlies, in particular the one against Real Madrid. Lamela has done nothing to warrant a PL start this season

Back