• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I think he is trying to much because there is little movement ahead of him and he has few options. Chadli seems to the only one with any penetration.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Being a Roma supporter, he is completely different to the one we had at Roma, almost unrecognisable.

Seems a lot more worried. he would arrive in the box alot at Roma, would be more intricate with his passing forward and would shoot alot more.

I must say, I prefer this Lamela, he's a lot more hardworking, presses alot more. Maybe it's Poch as the same has happened with Eriksen, he's a lot more defensive and works harder defensively than he ever did last year.

I think he's doing well , just needs a goal to calm him down a tad. I also think that had we signed Berbatov , the Bulgarian would've been Lamela's Totti 8-[

The boys doing good but could do better. I think with more games and more effective team play he will grow in confidence- this is his first full tilt as a regular epl player. Reminds me a bit of Kane last year when he seemed to get knocked off the ball a lot. If Lamela bulked up like Kane or a ronaldo/ bale style that physical presence would definitely lift him up to the next level. He is though a marked man already so playing it simple to a player in acres of space has to be the way to go.

Would love to see him score one soon though I think that would really boost his confidence

The obvious reason he doesn't score for us is that he won't shoot enough. Similiar to Ade, I am sure stats wise they must have the lowest amount of efforts. Its strange that Townsend can't stop shooting but Lamela in the same positions tries to pass instead. Poch is all about giving players belief so I'd hope he'd get him to try more and he'll get his rewards.

Being a Roma supporter, he is completely different to the one we had at Roma, almost unrecognisable.

Seems a lot more worried. he would arrive in the box alot at Roma, would be more intricate with his passing forward and would shoot alot more.

I must say, I prefer this Lamela, he's a lot more hardworking, presses alot more. Maybe it's Poch as the same has happened with Eriksen, he's a lot more defensive and works harder defensively than he ever did last year.

in your opinion is he better arriving into the box from the wing or through the centre?

i wonder if eriksen and lamela are both cramping each other's style, and are too polite to impose on each other.

in your opinion is he better arriving into the box from the wing or through the centre?

i wonder if eriksen and lamela are both cramping each other's style, and are too polite to impose on each other.

From a wide position. Whenever a cross comes in from the left, he should be in the box at the back post. He didn't play as nearly as much in the centre as we would have liked at Roma. But he was definitely going to be groomed into a Totti #10

I think the key to our success is these two gaining more understanding between each other, which they didn't get to do last season. Little backheels and flicks between the two should cause massive problems for defenses if they're actually on the same page.
I've noticed that soldado has pretty good interchanges with Lamela as well.

Still believe once one goes in for him he will go on a Bale-type run of scoring in matches. Really gutted that Forster managed to somehow shovel his shot past the post last Sunday, that could be have been the goal that sparks his run

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/689D9FC8161132699138660679680_25d48c84462.5.1.6843 217127735514062.mp4?versionId=X.Zu9jEYozbnBaZa75_c OKx2lgHxJ0OP[/video]

That back heal to Di Maria but was his only significant contribution. Interesting he gets selected for the starting eleven amongst all those superstars though.

That back heal to Di Maria but was his only significant contribution. Interesting he gets selected for the starting eleven amongst all those superstars though.

Lamela is a real star in Argentina, real posterboy.

Woudlnt surprise me if our shirt sales boosted in Argentina.

i'm happy with what he is contributing but i don't think he will ever be the man of this outfit.

More a king maker / big contributor to an empire than a king himself IMO

Taking away the money and the hype what i am seeing now , much like chadli , is an invaluable role player..the kind of player you need around difference makers that makes a team great

and his work rate and work ethic will mean that we will never have to carry him in games

Honestly thought he was very poor today at fault for two of their goals (albeit soft pen) he is taking chances with the ball in all the wrong places encouraged that he had looked better this year but I still think he gets a free pass because so many of us want to believe we didn't waste all the bale money

Back