• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

WOW. So much of what some suspected is true and nothing like the rumours.

1) Lamela arrived at the club injured and hid the injury so he could succeed.
2) By masking the weakness he ended up causing a back injury.
3) He was diagnosed with a FRACTURED VERTEBRA :eek: just after the 29th of December.

Bloody hell, I said a while back that you don't rush back injuries, but had no idea how severe this lads one was. Now they don't specify what type of fracture he has had, although given that it seems to have been caused by muscles I doubt it is of the vertebral body but all the same it is fairly serious.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ely-kick-Spurs-ANY-value-Argentinian-dud.html

You mean the medical he had was not thorough

I guess he was injured after all.

Are you surprised? Some on here love a conspiracy theory and just about any excuse to criticise Sherwood. To the majority it was plainly obvious he was simply injured. Did anyone actually think Levy would just let a £30m investment not play at all for months?

Are you surprised? Some on here love a conspiracy theory and just about any excuse to criticise Sherwood. To the majority it was plainly obvious he was simply injured. Did anyone actually think Levy would just let a £30m investment not play at all for months?

Surpised? Nah, I'm an occam's razor type. Strangely that article makes me feel better about the whole situation. The injury aside I think his desire to prove himself in a Spurs shirt is good to hear. A good pre-season, a DuoLingo app, and Robert's your father's brother. Player of the season next time out.

Surpised? Nah, I'm an occam's razor type. Strangely that article makes me feel better about the whole situation. The injury aside I think his desire to prove himself in a Spurs shirt is good to hear. A good pre-season, a DuoLingo app, and Robert's your father's brother. Player of the season next time out.

The fractured vertebrae bit concerns me. I'm assuming it's some kind of stress fracture and depending on the vertebrae it's on they can be very troublesome and very difficult to get rid of.

I guess he was injured after all.

Of course he was. all these conspiracy theories - but Sherwood picked him for his first game in charge, a tough away fixture to Southampton. He must have trusted the lad's ability.

The one person who was preventing Lamela from getting a look in, in the league, was AVB.

Of course he was. all these conspiracy theories - but Sherwood picked him for his first game in charge, a tough away fixture to Southampton. He must have trusted the lad's ability.

The one person who was preventing Lamela from getting a look in, in the league, was AVB.

He also repeatedly questioned about him whilst he was injured the first time round, to which he always talked highly of him.

The fractured vertebrae bit concerns me. I'm assuming it's some kind of stress fracture and depending on the vertebrae it's on they can be very troublesome and very difficult to get rid of.

He was judged fit by the Roma physios thought. A full summer off and a full pre-season on top of that and he should most likely be fine, no?

He was judged fit by the Roma physios thought. A full summer off and a full pre-season on top of that and he should most likely be fine, no?

Hopefully! In fairness with proper professional care and attention you would expect him to be but those types of fracture (that's if it even is that type of fracture) have a nasty habit of presenting themselves as fine and coming back again. It can be a pretty niggly injury.

That being said, at the time of the Bale transfer I remember reading something about him having one and that a pretty high level of prem players also do so its not like its something they've never seen before.

I don't think we've ever made a signing that I've wanted to succeed (and by succeed I mean take the league by storm) more than him.

WOW. So much of what some suspected is true and nothing like the rumours.

1) Lamela arrived at the club injured and hid the injury so he could succeed.
2) By masking the weakness he ended up causing a back injury.
3) He was diagnosed with a FRACTURED VERTEBRA :eek: just after the 29th of December.

Bloody hell, I said a while back that you don't rush back injuries, but had no idea how severe this lads one was. Now they don't specify what type of fracture he has had, although given that it seems to have been caused by muscles I doubt it is of the vertebral body but all the same it is fairly serious.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ely-kick-Spurs-ANY-value-Argentinian-dud.html

Wow. So players can arrive at a club injured AND can hide the injury from a whole medical team so they can succeed and push through a transfer?

Somebody ask Neil Ashton to have a word with BAE please, so he doesn't have to go out on loan next time? :ross::ross::ross:

Didn't lamela start or feature in every game he was fit for under Sherwood? Unless you're on the "he was never injured" camp?

He started vs Southampton(Lennon was injured) and was a sub behind Chadli and Lennon in the other two games.

Wow. So players can arrive at a club injured AND can hide the injury from a whole medical team so they can succeed and push through a transfer?

Somebody ask Neil Ashton to have a word with BAE please, so he doesn't have to go out on loan next time? :ross::ross::ross:

I'm no doctor but I reckon a minor muscle strain wouldn't necessarily show up in scans, but it could easily be bad enough to be aggravated by normal training and games and get progressively worse, leading to a much longer time out than if it was treated / rested at an early stage.

its a pretty serious injury, the physios/club doctors should have spotted it first though fitness clinics etc. iirc he had trouble with his back from pretty much early days.

the club/sherwood didn't do him any good keeping everything under a shroud of mystery. what's so difficult to say - "serious back injury, no return date" does it for me.

Back