• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I hate SN&V

Gordinho

Banned
I want to discuss Bale's injury or read about it, not dingdong about wondering were I should dive in to get latest news or views somewhere between page 1 or page 194, or should I scroll back three pages and scroll forward? Or five? These ridiculous mega threads are killing SN&V.

Instead of amalgamating why not have a thread called Gareth Bale's latest injury (4th April)? And when he's better it will die. Too fudging simple?

SN&V is brick.

Why would there be a new thread for Bale injury when the Gareth Bale thread hasn't left the front page for the last few months.

You CAN go to the latest unread post in a thread, but you don't have if you don't want to. If I was to read every thread from the beginning each time a new post was made, well, I'd probably still be catching up on this season in a few years. If I however don't give a brick about what's been said the last couple of days I'd just go straight to the last page to see what's up.

I'm fine either ways.

Just happy to be able to post and discuss here.

Moderators can do what they want. I can adapt.

Or leave!

I'm going to vent some more here. This is all general stuff, not aimed at anyone in particular:

One of the things I hate is threads like this. Pointless attention seeking to a miniscule problem. It's not even a problem. We haven't had one for a while though and I believe that is because this place is the best it's been for probably at least two years. Since were knocked out of the CL we've had a few bricky moments and the mood in here has been overly reflective of that.

Now, if I only wanted to know the latest news I would go on a news outlet like Sky Sports, Daily Mail, Guardian or even the Official Site. Whatever you find acceptable. Or as I do, use twitter. I find Newsnow has turned to crap and is infested with blogs. On twitter you can follow the sources you're interested in reading and nobody is forcing anyone to put up with the attention seeking tossers. You build your own timeline. Stick with newspapers, journalists, official player accounts and such. If this was a bigger forum we would maybe have people posting articles for every little titbit, but we're not and as such we don't.

Having one thread for a player makes it a lot easier IMO. If I want to read or post about Gareth Bale I go to the dedicated thread. Simples. You wouldn't have to wade through anything less if someone started a new thread as the first 2 or 3 pages would be filled with people asking if anyone knows anything or speculating. At the same time you'd get a lot of the same posts in the main player thread. It's also mentioned in the OMT, the previous OMT and the Europa League thread. Adding another thread is simply adding more spam. It's not hard to find information at the end of a bigger thread. You can pick up where you last left off or simply go to the end. Posts have timestamps, so it's easy to tell if it's new info or not.

It's also beneficial in that we don't get as much repetitiveness of discussions. The same topics keep getting restarted because someone missed it last time or simply forgot about it and every time a new thread is started a lot of useless posts are made that already exist several times over in other threads.

For example: It's almost weekly someone bumps the Huddlestone thread, wishing he was a much better player than he actually is. He wasn't the answer a week ago or two months ago and he isn't now either. If it had been a new thread every time we'd have 10 times the amount of posts saying they either agree or that he's no longer the player he was two years ago compared to what we're getting now. As I mentioned above, it would be the same with Bale's injury. To repeat myself: If you want to know what the latest news on something is, go to a news site. If you want to chat about it, come here.

What also happens a lot is that people need to post something about their usual spacegoats. We all know that many think Ade is brick and that a lot of you think we shouldn't have signed him and he should be moved on and blah, blah, blah. We don't need a new thread after every game where people repeat these views, regardless of what actually happened in the game. We already got it and thankfully it's mostly kept in one thread.

It's been refreshing these past few weeks that not every thread has been derailed into some moan and whinge fest, but all the negative crap still gets circulated. It's incredible how fast some things become established truths that will never change when it's something negative. Anything positive is just a blip or anomaly. 'Don't worry, player X will back to his usual brick self next week.' If most of our players were really as brick as is made out and AVB completely clueless, how come we are 3rd in the table and in the quarter final of the Europa League? You do NOT do that by simply having one or two players papering over the cracks. What cracks? We're doing it because the players are actually quite talented and we're well organized, but for many it's only the imperfections that are noticed. We haven't been this good in decades. We're a consistent top 5 side and simply remaining so is a remarkable achievement in itself, especially considering the resources our main competitors have at their disposal. Yes, there is the potential to do even better, but you can't just wave a magic wand (or in this case: splash £30-40 million on a couple of superstars).

I may have veered slightly off the path at the end here, but I believe there is sometimes a connection between other issues and frustrations that manifests itself on here in some way. Sometimes you have people just looking for something to get annoyed by. Whether it's a player, the manager, other teams or simply how this forum works. And this forum works well as it is. SN&V is easy to use and it's not at all hard to keep up with things. Very, very few threads generate more than a page or two in a day (excluding match chat). If there's something big happening there's no problem if a thread is started about it, but when it's just minor stuff, updates, it fits better in an existing one. You'd have to go a long time without reading before it's too much to catch up on for any particular topic. Maybe some miss the old time message boards where every new post was a new thread. Now those were hard to keep up with or find anything useful on.

When was it last amalgamated then?????

Doesn't this belong in the Personal Dislikes (General) Thread?
:)

And there's the crux of the matter, people have become so used to having threads merged now or others pointing out a thread's misplaced or duplicated that they don't want to start new ones. Personally, if I'm only interested in Bale's injury rather than his injury, his transfer value, whether he's a striker, midfielder, a full back or ears pinned back I want a thread that's current and relevant without having to dive in and work backwards or forwards to find the relevant place.

And to whoever suggested I go to the club site for information-are you mental? You'd have more luck trying to find a mention of the Leveson Report in The Sun.

I don't intend starting a new thread just to prove my point but if I were to some smartarse would pipe up with "there's already a thread on that mate".

I stand by my rant.

Last edited:
Or leave!

Isn't that throwing the baby out with the bath water? Sadly though, having joined GG specifically because of SN&V I now tend to ignore it because of the megathreads and stick to random.

Finishing on a plus point, I think the quality of discussion has improved drastically of late both in SN&V and Random, fair play to the mods for their work to make this happen, I've seen great threads with people holding opposing views without losing it or imposing their views as statements of fact as used to happen, I've certainly been educated and received splinters in me bum from sitting on the fence because both parties state their case so well.

General settings/Thread Display Options/Thread Display Mode: Linear - Newest first

Am I the only one who choose this option?
It doesn't filter pointless posts, but makes life easier here.

I'm going to vent some more here. This is all general stuff, not aimed at anyone in particular:

One of the things I hate is threads like this. Pointless attention seeking to a miniscule problem. It's not even a problem. We haven't had one for a while though and I believe that is because this place is the best it's been for probably at least two years. Since were knocked out of the CL we've had a few bricky moments and the mood in here has been overly reflective of that.

Now, if I only wanted to know the latest news I would go on a news outlet like Sky Sports, Daily Mail, Guardian or even the Official Site. Whatever you find acceptable. Or as I do, use twitter. I find Newsnow has turned to crap and is infested with blogs. On twitter you can follow the sources you're interested in reading and nobody is forcing anyone to put up with the attention seeking tossers. You build your own timeline. Stick with newspapers, journalists, official player accounts and such. If this was a bigger forum we would maybe have people posting articles for every little titbit, but we're not and as such we don't.

Having one thread for a player makes it a lot easier IMO. If I want to read or post about Gareth Bale I go to the dedicated thread. Simples. You wouldn't have to wade through anything less if someone started a new thread as the first 2 or 3 pages would be filled with people asking if anyone knows anything or speculating. At the same time you'd get a lot of the same posts in the main player thread. It's also mentioned in the OMT, the previous OMT and the Europa League thread. Adding another thread is simply adding more spam. It's not hard to find information at the end of a bigger thread. You can pick up where you last left off or simply go to the end. Posts have timestamps, so it's easy to tell if it's new info or not.

It's also beneficial in that we don't get as much repetitiveness of discussions. The same topics keep getting restarted because someone missed it last time or simply forgot about it and every time a new thread is started a lot of useless posts are made that already exist several times over in other threads.

For example: It's almost weekly someone bumps the Huddlestone thread, wishing he was a much better player than he actually is. He wasn't the answer a week ago or two months ago and he isn't now either. If it had been a new thread every time we'd have 10 times the amount of posts saying they either agree or that he's no longer the player he was two years ago compared to what we're getting now. As I mentioned above, it would be the same with Bale's injury. To repeat myself: If you want to know what the latest news on something is, go to a news site. If you want to chat about it, come here.

What also happens a lot is that people need to post something about their usual spacegoats. We all know that many think Ade is brick and that a lot of you think we shouldn't have signed him and he should be moved on and blah, blah, blah. We don't need a new thread after every game where people repeat these views, regardless of what actually happened in the game. We already got it and thankfully it's mostly kept in one thread.

It's been refreshing these past few weeks that not every thread has been derailed into some moan and whinge fest, but all the negative crap still gets circulated. It's incredible how fast some things become established truths that will never change when it's something negative. Anything positive is just a blip or anomaly. 'Don't worry, player X will back to his usual brick self next week.' If most of our players were really as brick as is made out and AVB completely clueless, how come we are 3rd in the table and in the quarter final of the Europa League? You do NOT do that by simply having one or two players papering over the cracks. What cracks? We're doing it because the players are actually quite talented and we're well organized, but for many it's only the imperfections that are noticed. We haven't been this good in decades. We're a consistent top 5 side and simply remaining so is a remarkable achievement in itself, especially considering the resources our main competitors have at their disposal. Yes, there is the potential to do even better, but you can't just wave a magic wand (or in this case: splash £30-40 million on a couple of superstars).

I may have veered slightly off the path at the end here, but I believe there is sometimes a connection between other issues and frustrations that manifests itself on here in some way. Sometimes you have people just looking for something to get annoyed by. Whether it's a player, the manager, other teams or simply how this forum works. And this forum works well as it is. SN&V is easy to use and it's not at all hard to keep up with things. Very, very few threads generate more than a page or two in a day (excluding match chat). If there's something big happening there's no problem if a thread is started about it, but when it's just minor stuff, updates, it fits better in an existing one. You'd have to go a long time without reading before it's too much to catch up on for any particular topic. Maybe some miss the old time message boards where every new post was a new thread. Now those were hard to keep up with or find anything useful on.

This post is attention seeking, dingleberry

If you want a thread about Bale's injury, then why did you not create one?

If you had, and then it had been sucked into the larger Bale thread then i could understand the concern.

However this seems like a complaint that nobody else thought it was necessary to create a 'bale injury' thread. If you want to make one, then make one. If you build it, they will come. etc.

General settings/Thread Display Options/Thread Display Mode: Linear - Newest first

Am I the only one who choose this option?
It doesn't filter pointless posts, but makes life easier here.

Can't see what difference it makes. Threads are still mega regardless.

I too hate all these bland mega threads. Give me the vibrant chaos, confusion and anarchy of multiple threads any day.

And ban marky for eternity the moment he squawks. :-"

Last edited:
If you want a thread about Bale's injury, then why did you not create one?

If you had, and then it had been sucked into the larger Bale thread then i could understand the concern.

However this seems like a complaint that nobody else thought it was necessary to create a 'bale injury' thread. If you want to make one, then make one. If you build it, they will come. etc.

Exactly. There is hardly any moderation of this board at the moment. I can only recall one thread being merged in months.

If someone started a Bale injury thread, then in all likelihood, it would have been left to run its course, exactly like the Is Bale A Striker thread a couple of pages back was.

Back