• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I am a little worried

And most of the ones that he did buy were of the older generation so were never going to last that long anyway.

Not true really. He brought a couple of necessary older stop gaps, but Walker, Naughton, Defoe, Crouch, VDV, Bassong, Kranjcar,Sandro etc were not old when they were purchased. Most of the other oldies were freebies. I think Parker was in his 30's, but probably just turned 31ish so even he can't be classified as an oldie.

You think AVB is going to pick BAE?

Also what makes you think AVB will rotate? He didn't last year, and players tended to come in due to injuries. Why will it be different this season?

He didn't have much choice with his team selections last season tbf. Switched the defense around when he had the opportunity though

He didn't have much choice with his team selections last season tbf. Switched the defense around when he had the opportunity though

I think that was more down to him not knowing what his best defence was. The one area of the team you definitely do not rotate if possible is the back four. He clearly doesn't rate Ekotto, and I think we'll see a lot less rotation of the back line once we line up a left back he wants (for example, we didn't see hardly any rotation of Walker).

Thought Falque was one of his too, but I may be wrong.

You're not wrong. Corrected list of Redknapp's signings below (total cost £37.5 mill.) For interest I also post a list of his signings who have left (net cost £8 mill.)

Still at club
Defoe
Walker
Naughton
Kaboul
Sandro
Khumalo
Friedel
Ceballos
Coulibaly
Falque
Gallifuoco

Left club
Chimbonda
Palacios
Keane
Crouch
Cudicini
Bassong
Kranjcar
Parrett
Gudjonsen
Walker
Pletikosa
Gallas
VDV
Pienaar

Parker
Saha
Nelsen

My view is he did not sign any bad players-just wrong players to take us forward.

Last edited:
You're not wrong. Corrected list of Redknapp's signings below (total cost £37.5 mill.) For interest I also post a list of his signings who have left (net cost £8 mill.)

Still at club
Defoe
Walker
Naughton
Kaboul
Sandro
Khumalo
Friedel
Ceballos
Coulibaly
Falque
Gallifuoco

Left club
Chimbonda
Palacios
Keane
Crouch
Cudicini
Bassong
Kranjcar
Parrett
Gudjonsen
Walker
Pletikosa
Gallas
VDV
Pienaar

Parker
Saha
Nelsen

My view is he did not sign any bad players-just wrong players to take us forward.

Why is Walker doing the Hokey Cokey?

Not true really. He brought a couple of necessary older stop gaps, but Walker, Naughton, Defoe, Crouch, VDV, Bassong, Kranjcar,Sandro etc were not old when they were purchased. Most of the other oldies were freebies. I think Parker was in his 30's, but probably just turned 31ish so even he can't be classified as an oldie.

Freebies are still players you have to pay.

There are no necessary older stop gaps, when you could go and buy a younger player who has potential instead who would do a better job long term.

I think that was more down to him not knowing what his best defence was. The one area of the team you definitely do not rotate if possible is the back four. He clearly doesn't rate Ekotto, and I think we'll see a lot less rotation of the back line once we line up a left back he wants (for example, we didn't see hardly any rotation of Walker).

disagree, he rotated the CB's based on opposition. There were definitely times when Dawson was played against more physical/Arial teams. We saw more resting of players in cup squads.

people talk about rotation as if it's something easy to do, fact is our squad hasn't been good enough to do consistent rotation. Last season who would you have rotated Bale/Lennon/Dembele as example with? With Sandro/Kaboul injured it made rotation even more limited.

I think with a midfield of Sandro/Capoe/Paulinho/Dembele/Chadli/Lennon/Siggy/Holtby/Bale you are more likely to see some significant rotation

yet last season he played deeper than Parker?

I never could understand this. Parker offers zip creatively and Dembele can cause chaos with his running and dribbling - plus he can shoot.

I am not disappointed to see HUD, Livermore and hopefully, Parker leave

Here is the list of Redknapp' signings

Defoe
Walker
Naughton
Kaboul
Sandro
Khumalo
Friedel
Ceballos
Coulibaly

kaboul was here with Jol.

VDV was bought during harry's tenure though i dont think he knew much about it,,,,,,

that list of yours is a bit off man

If only that whole England episode hadn't've happened, thanks a lot FA. Prior to that was the highest point for Spurs in decades.

disagree, he rotated the CB's based on opposition. There were definitely times when Dawson was played against more physical/Arial teams. We saw more resting of players in cup squads.

people talk about rotation as if it's something easy to do, fact is our squad hasn't been good enough to do consistent rotation. Last season who would you have rotated Bale/Lennon/Dembele as example with? With Sandro/Kaboul injured it made rotation even more limited.

I think with a midfield of Sandro/Capoe/Paulinho/Dembele/Chadli/Lennon/Siggy/Holtby/Bale you are more likely to see some significant rotation

Totally disagree.

Cup Squads - Redknapp got rightly slaughtered for playing his second string all the time. AVB played his strongest line up most of the time.

He rotated the CB's based on Ekotto and whether he needed Verts there or not.

I never could understand this. Parker offers zip creatively and Dembele can cause chaos with his running and dribbling - plus he can shoot.

I am not disappointed to see HUD, Livermore and hopefully, Parker leave

I didn't quite understand it either.

First of all I don't think Dembele played (much) deeper than Parker, I think they played more or less "at the same depth". To me it seemed that they swapped who had the attacking responsibility quite frequently in games. One player would hold, one would push forward. Where these roles were fixed with Parker and Modric they were a lot more fluid with Dembele and Parker.

The only reason I can think of to do this might be that Dembele didn't quite have the energy to continuously take on the most attacking role. It takes a lot of stamina to get forward to support the attack, but then get back to defend every single time. Modric had tremendous stamina and like Dembele he was very reliable and diligent. We had no other option for Dembele in our squad and he played most mid-week games as well and he was reportedly playing with some injury problems at times. Modric on the other hand was usually rested for EL games.

That's my take on it at least. AVB did sub Dembele quite a few times, I think that also supports that he might have been running out of energy in some games and that he couldn't quite play that high energy role pushing on to support the attack as much as Modric did and to some extent as much as Dembele did earlier in the season.

Totally disagree.

Cup Squads - Redknapp got rightly slaughtered for playing his second string all the time. AVB played his strongest line up most of the time.

He rotated the CB's based on Ekotto and whether he needed Verts there or not.

IIRC it seemed that AVB would leave out Gallas against the more physical sides in addition to playing Vertonghen at left back to bring in another tall player.

Back