• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

My opinion is that if our scouting/coaching/psychology staff do their jobs properly and the players we have apply themselves correctly, the difference in financial power will be irrelevant.

Yes we are playing the game on hard mode, but that’s what real gamers do.

This is the main point for me.

"We manage to be very competitive with a completely different philosophy to our rivals. To give us even more credit, we have to win something.

I agree. We have to win something. We will need changes to how we do things to do so.

Being overly harsh on the Board, Chairman and owner there.

It's not like they are sitting by idle (see Mike Ashley etc); they have been delivering a huge project that helps takes a huge leap fwd at a time of political and economic uncertainty.

Only a few years ago people were bemoaning not having the stadium yet. We needed it "compete". Well, it's almost here.
Sometimes you just need a little patience.
And a little perspective - we are competing still.

The summer should see the start of a whole new era. A new club wide platform.

Well, we do need it, but I'm not holding my breath. I think the infrastructure side (which has been a solid job) has been accomplished at a significant cost of the on-pitch side, as you no doubt know. And given that we're now effectively coming to an end of an era, player wise, in the summer (when I expect Eriksen, Toby, Wanyama, Trippier and others to leave)...we will need a serious rebuilding job to correct the 18 months of deliberate stagnation and negligence on the pitch-side of things, at least.

We need things done differently from now on, to correct our negligence and rebuild again. Will it happen? Well, you clearly expect so, and it would definitely benefit the club if you were right. But I really am not expecting it will.

I agree. We have to win something. We will need changes to how we do things to do so.

Well, we do need it, but I'm not holding my breath. I think the infrastructure side (which has been a solid job) has been accomplished at a significant cost of the on-pitch side, as you no doubt know. And given that we're now effectively coming to an end of an era, player wise, in the summer (when I expect Eriksen, Toby, Wanyama, Trippier and others to leave)...we will need a serious rebuilding job to correct the 18 months of deliberate stagnation and negligence on the pitch-side of things, at least.

We need things done differently from now on, to correct our negligence and rebuild again. Will it happen? Well, you clearly expect so, and it would definitely benefit the club if you were right. But I really am not expecting it will.

Negligence is a strong word and the wrong one in my opinion. You seem to be in quite a negative place around the club now @DubaiSpur which you weren’t a few years back

I want us to win something like every fan, but ultimately there are only 4 trophies to w8n and 3 are knock out cup ones, one of which is the highest level trophy in the continent.

The only time the league hasn’t been on ebut the red hot favourite has been when a certain team has had nothing else to play but that competition

Only Madrid has won the CL in the past 3 years and this year it will be a new winner... and it could be us, but may not subject to our quarters of course

FA Cup... we should have gone through vs Palace. We had a team that was good enough but didn’t perform. Likewise though a season is the nature of cup football, City should have gone out to Swansea if the officials had done their job right

League cup...we went out in the semi on penalties. That’s the luck of the draw

Considering the availability of players and the issues we have had fitness wise post World Cup (which always seems to be forgotten about), we’re still in a bloody good position

Yes we need to invest. But we need to offload some dross too. In the summer no one was sold that IMO was better than we had, other than possibly Fabinho who I’m still not 100% on yet. We may have been able to get other players in with the right offers but again it’s an unknown

I fully except there to be a large number of ins and outs this summer as we now have clarity on our capes investments and we will know our league piston and European status.

Negligence is a strong word and the wrong one in my opinion. You seem to be in quite a negative place around the club now @DubaiSpur which you weren’t a few years back

Not unhappy with the club, mate. Off the pitch, I'm quite happy with the stadium, with the news that we'll be paying everyone a London Living Wage in it, and in general.

But, on the pitch, I'm pretty sad at the realization that we're coming to the end of an era with this team, if Eriksen and Toby are on their way out. And it is in large part because we are going to go 18 months without spending a penny, while weakening ourselves by letting Dembele go and signing no one to replace him.

18 months of spending nothing whatsoever on the team. It didn't have to be this way, is all.

I want us to win something like every fan, but ultimately there are only 4 trophies to w8n and 3 are knock out cup ones, one of which is the highest level trophy in the continent.

The only time the league hasn’t been on ebut the red hot favourite has been when a certain team has had nothing else to play but that competition

Only Madrid has won the CL in the past 3 years and this year it will be a new winner... and it could be us, but may not subject to our quarters of course

FA Cup... we should have gone through vs Palace. We had a team that was good enough but didn’t perform. Likewise though a season is the nature of cup football, City should have gone out to Swansea if the officials had done their job right

League cup...we went out in the semi on penalties. That’s the luck of the draw

That's all fair, and true.

But they're also just reasons why we haven't won anything. I don't dispute that it's difficult, or that it's unlikely. I agree with you that there are only four competitions to play for every season.

But we need to win something to progress, nonetheless. It's just the way it is - we have a mental block that will only go away when we win something. It's hard, but it doesn't mean it isn't necessary.

Considering the availability of players and the issues we have had fitness wise post World Cup (which always seems to be forgotten about), we’re still in a bloody good position

Yes we need to invest. But we need to offload some dross too. In the summer no one was sold that IMO was better than we had, other than possibly Fabinho who I’m still not 400% on yet. We may have been able to get other players in with the right offers but again it’s an unknown

I fully except there to be a large number of ins and outs this summer as we now have clarity on our capes investments and we will know our league piston and European status.

Re: availability and fitness issues, surely that's what transfers are for? I can't remember all the players that moved clubs this summer, but over the course of the year, I'd argue a lot of them are currently better than what we have. Fabinho is one, but Torreira, Alisson, Lenglet and Paredes (for example) have all moved since summer 2018, and all would have been better than what we have. Not saying we need all of them, or even that we could have bought any of them, but to say *no one* that was sold was an upgrade on what we have seems a bit unlikely to me.

I hope you're right re: transfers. I hope the club does something, *anything* this summer.

But I'm just not holding my breath on that. I'll wait to be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to expecting that we'll build from a position of strength and then watching as we go 18 months without signing anyone - which is what happened over the last year. Which Lloris is now indicating hasn't worked, and needs changing.

Not unhappy with the club, mate. Off the pitch, I'm quite happy with the stadium, with the news that we'll be paying everyone a London Living Wage in it, and in general.

But, on the pitch, I'm pretty sad at the realization that we're coming to the end of an era with this team, if Eriksen and Toby are on their way out. And it is in large part because we are going to go 18 months without spending a penny, while weakening ourselves by letting Dembele go and signing no one to replace him.

18 months of spending nothing whatsoever on the team. It didn't have to be this way, is all.

That's all fair, and true.

But they're also just reasons why we haven't won anything. I don't dispute that it's difficult, or that it's unlikely. I agree with you that there are only four competitions to play for every season.

But we need to win something to progress, nonetheless. It's just the way it is - we have a mental block that will only go away when we win something. It's hard, but it doesn't mean it isn't necessary.

Re: availability and fitness issues, surely that's what transfers are for? I can't remember all the players that moved clubs this summer, but over the course of the year, I'd argue a lot of them are currently better than what we have. Fabinho is one, but Torreira, Alisson, Lenglet and Paredes (for example) have all moved since summer 2018, and all would have been better than what we have. Not saying we need all of them, or even that we could have bought any of them, but to say *no one* that was sold was an upgrade on what we have seems a bit unlikely to me.

I hope you're right re: transfers. I hope the club does something, *anything* this summer.

But I'm just not holding my breath on that. I'll wait to be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to expecting that we'll build from a position of strength and then watching as we go 18 months without signing anyone - which is what happened over the last year. Which Lloris is now indicating hasn't worked, and needs changing.

Toby and eriksen are leaving because their manipulating their contract positions as is their right. Teams change and players come and go naturally and it’s something we have to deal with

I can’t comment on Paredes or Lenglet but I know both went to mega money clubs

Torreira... that’s a gamble that paid off so far as no one knew he would turn out to be decent. I’ll add though that I’d need to see him play at a constantly high level for a season here’s first as he has dropped off performance wise a lot and people remember his game vs us at the Effeminates as a highlight

Allison cost £65m for a position of strength for us so we wouldn’t have gone near him IMO

Fabinho again for me needs to be judged over more time but he looks good so far

But as is said, we still have players to shift before buying and we won’t buy until that’s done. I think if anyone thinks that we will buy before exiting players their wrong. The club won’t have players sitting around anymore I think.

Lloris is finished imo. Another pathetic performance in a big game, we can't win with this guy as a leader and goalkeeper.

France won the World Cup and he still made a horrendous error in the final, they won inspite of him. Needs binning now, it's beyond a joke how he folds when the pressure is on, and he's the phucking captain.

It's not like his general level of performance is that high anymore that the mistakes can be forgiven.

A competent performance from him and we would have got a point today.

Hugo is not playing at a level than is any better than your avergage goalkeepers in this league. When we need him he is letting us down. I honestly feel that if Gazzaniga comes in we wont see any drop off and we might cut out some of the mistakes. And also Gazza is a tad better at coming and claiming crosses which would help us a lot on corners defensively.

He fudged up twice, but both headers were completely free and that lies at the fault of our so called defenders

Agreed. Nobody marking Salah or close enough to Firminhio. But I also feel they never know if he is coming or not, especially around the 6 yard box.

I’m still behind him but it’s getting very frustrating. The amount of mistakes in big games over the last 3 seasons is scary.
I understand the frustration, especially today, but one mistake, Alison had a few iffy moments today and got away with.
The annoying thing is we seldom seem to want to expose other keepers frailties.

I understand the frustration, especially today, but one mistake, Alison had a few iffy moments today and got away with.

Yeah I think that’s fair and some of the reaction has been OTT. The problem with Lloris is that this is a pattern. And it’s a pattern in big games. That’s the most worrying thing.

I’m not sure we can do any better though.

Yeah I think that’s fair and some of the reaction has been OTT. The problem with Lloris is that this is a pattern. And it’s a pattern in big games. That’s the most worrying thing.

We can't, there's not many better and that will come to us or we can afford

At the moment I dont feel its about doing better. Its just about playing someone that will not make mistakes like that. Like I said in an earlier post, he is playing bang Average with mistakes thrown in. Any mid table Keeper is at his level at the moment. We dont need to buy thought to get that level. We have that in Gazza. He can come in and play.

I have always tended to think this, but stepping back and looking at his general level of performance this season, is he really the best we can do? I'm no longer convinced of that. Especially not after today.

And, after yet another big-game clanger, I think he is part of this mental weakness we have in our team. You can't have a captain that routinely phucks up in these moments imo, and especially not in goal. If he was playing at a high level and then chucking in these mistakes every now and then, you can forgive it, and that used to be the case. But now, his level isn't so great that we can gloss over the errors and add to the drink-driving at the start of the season and he has used up all his good-will (at least in my eyes).

Poch needs to be a ruthless motherphucker in the summer imo.

I have always tended to think this, but stepping back and looking at his general level of performance this season, is he really the best we can do? I'm no longer convinced of that. Especially not after today.

And, after yet another big-game clanger, I think he is part of this mental weakness we have in our team. You can't have a captain that routinely phucks up in these moments imo, and especially not in goal. If he was playing at a high level and then chucking in these mistakes every now and then, you can forgive it, and that used to be the case. But now, his level isn't so great that we can gloss over the errors and add to the drink-driving at the start of the season and he has used up all his good-will (at least in my eyes).

Poch needs to be a ruthless motherphucker in the summer imo.

He was outstanding against Dortmund, saved us the points against Leicester and saved a point against the Scum.

I think he’s worth persisting with. Gazza isn’t on his level for me. I’m hoping he gets back to the form he showed for his first 3 or 4 years at the club because he’s still young for a keeper.

He fudged up twice, but both headers were completely free and that lies at the fault of our so called defenders

My mum would have held that ‘effort’ from Salah. Can’t blame the defenders.

If it was a one-off we’d all be happy to forget it. It’s definitely not.

We have someone sitting on the bench who has been utterly steady when called upon.

He was outstanding against Dortmund

You would have expected him to have saved everything that was hit at him in that game.

Back