• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

How is he 'caving in' when Lloris is the superior keeper?

If anything - he's making the right choice by playing the best man in the position

Doesn't take any notice of the media when someone with the opposite view uses it but will use it himself when it suits his own agenda

Deary me

Last edited:
No, but it is, especially by agents trying to push the price up.

So you think we're the only decent team that would take Lloris? He's one of the top keepers mate. It's not that other teams weren't interested, but most can't afford the outlay we paid on a keeper no matter how good he is....

The French goalkeeper and captain signs for a club not in the CL and does not walk straight into the first eleven then I'd say you'd have to expect some furore. As I see it , Lloris to the French is like our very own Joe Hart or Spain's Casillias so it's all understandable.

Jimmy-g post #375
He was not over keen on coming to us, he took an age to decide, the worrying thing for me is that no one else was interested in him, why?

He's a very agile goalie , makes plenty of great saves but he does have the occasional f**k up in his locker too. I recall seeing him being the difference between Real Madrid racking up a cricket score and it being 1-1 with an outlandish goalkeeping performance however, I think in the same season he had stinker in a 5-5 game with Marseille.

I feel AVB and our goalkeeper trainers are just treading a cautionary path after Gomes and I think they're right to do so. Ease Lloris in slowly with the cup games against Lazio and Carlisle and give Friedel the prem games, QPR at home and then away at Man Utd . We then go from there .

The French goalkeeper and captain signs for a club not in the CL and does not walk straight into the first eleven then I'd say you'd have to expect some furore. As I see it , Lloris to the French is like our very own Joe Hart or Spain's Casillias so it's all understandable.

Jimmy-g post #375
He was not over keen on coming to us, he took an age to decide, the worrying thing for me is that no one else was interested in him, why?

He's a very agile goalie , makes plenty of great saves but he does have the occasional f**k up in his locker too. I recall seeing him being the difference between Real Madrid racking up a cricket score and it being 1-1 with an outlandish goalkeeping performance however, I think in the same season he had stinker in a 5-5 game with Marseille.

I feel AVB and our goalkeeper trainers are just treading a cautionary path after Gomes and I think they're right to do so. Ease Lloris in slowly with the cup games against Lazio and Carlisle and give Friedel the prem games, QPR at home and then away at Man Utd . We then go from there .

Exactly, can you imagine how mental the UK press would be going if Joe Hart left Emirates Marketing Project, joined Lazio and didn't walk into their team straight away?*

*Bat sh*t mental is the answer!

I don't understand the furor at all.

Lloris has now been eligible for 1 game, he wasn't signed early enough to face Norwich. This is after he has been living in the country for 2 weeks and training for even less because of the international break. Finally, we are a team who is not in good form, whose defence has looked very vulnerable and already has a new centre-half settling in.

AVB would have been mad to introduce Lloris into the set up straight away, it wouldn't be fair on him nor the team. This is complete non-story.

I don't understand the furor at all.

Lloris has now been eligible for 1 game, he wasn't signed early enough to face Norwich. This is after he has been living in the country for 2 weeks and training for even less because of the international break. Finally, we are a team who is not in good form, whose defence has looked very vulnerable and already has a new centre-half settling in.

AVB would have been mad to introduce Lloris into the set up straight away, it wouldn't be fair on him nor the team. This is complete non-story.

That's what the media feed off.

Pick something that isnt there, write a story about it, ask the people involved specific questions to fuel the story, get people talking, wait for someone to say the wrong thing, turn that into showdown talks, said journo lifts paycheck for a job well done.

Takes a very special person to do it. Normally low life scum.

article-0-150BB475000005DC-207_468x507.jpg

article-0-150C5D57000005DC-116_468x397.jpg

The fierce rivalry, the unhappiness.

Jimmy-g post #375

So what you're saying is that its okay for a sportsman to get the public hump about not walking into a starting eleven without actually having earnt it of the coach decides that he has to earn it?

where is your line if i may ask? as in your line of acceptance for players showing or proclaiming discontent to their coaches if the coach says something and the player doesnt do it

So.... what happens tomorrow night if Cudicini starts in goal?

Also, it will be interesting to see what AVB thinks of Gomes when he is fit.

You'd have to think one of Cudicini or Gomes might be making an exit come January. Carlo I'd say would be the easier one to shift.

meanwhile a great article on how lloris could fit into avb's plans has been conceived, written, and published:

http://backpagefootball.com/hugo-lloris-avbs-missing-link/48954/

its a long article, excerpts below

Lloris, though, is a fantastic signing and, in fairness to Villas-Boas – undoubtedly owed to his years of scouting analysis as Jose Mourinho’s “eyes and ears* – his record in the transfer market has been his greatest managerial facet to date. From James Rodríguez, João Moutinho and Otamendi at Porto to Mata, Romeu and Lukaku at Chelsea, Villas-Boas always has dynamism, a strong mentality and potential in mind. Lloris is the perfect embodiment of the above-mentioned, with the the goalkeeper armed with brilliant situational awareness and decisiveness; always willing to throw his body into a one-on-one situation, regardless of his brilliantine-doused locks; and already captain of France at just twenty-five years of age....

......While Villas-Boas may lack the justification (certainly not the audacity, given his previous with Frank Lampard) to drop an inform Friedel just yet, in seizing the opportunity and paying such a reasonable fee for one of the greatest goalkeepers in Europe, the Portuguese has secured not only an immensely hungry international eager to displace Friedel as Tottenham’s number one, but a crucial figure in ensuring that Villas-Boas’ project will, at the very least, have all the conditions present for a much greater potential success than at Chelsea.

Back