• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Howard Webb retires

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Howard Webb retires from 25 year refereeing career - more soon pic.twitter.com/Y0AQJK4neA

Man Utd must be devastated :)

It’s been confirmed that Howard Webb is no longer a referee! The 2010 World Cup final official will still be involved in refereeing - he has been appointed the Technical Director of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) - but has brought an end to his 25-year career as a ref.

The 43-year-old said: “I am very excited to start this new chapter in my career after a wonderfully rewarding 25 years on the pitch. I have spent over a decade with the best seat in the house for Barclays Premier League matches. I've influenced many matches and made a lot of money in the process. I've been lucky enough to be involved in nine major international tournaments, and taken charge of the UEFA Champions League and FIFA World Cup Finals.”

(mods - sorry can you move this to the general football sub forum)

Bad news for Manchester United. Wonder how long it will take before they tell him to reconsider, and offer him an improved 5-year contract.

It’s been confirmed that Howard Webb is no longer a referee! The 2010 World Cup final official will still be involved in refereeing - he has been appointed the Technical Director of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) - but has brought an end to his 25-year career as a ref.

The 43-year-old said: “I am very excited to start this new chapter in my career after a wonderfully rewarding 25 years on the pitch. I have spent over a decade with the best seat in the house for Barclays Premier League matches. I've influenced many matches and made a lot of money in the process. I've been lucky enough to be involved in nine major international tournaments, and taken charge of the UEFA Champions League and FIFA World Cup Finals.”

(mods - sorry can you move this to the general football sub forum)

Can anyone think of anyone else who has been in a football job for 25 years and retired recently?

Utd games aside, and obviously THAT gaffe, and I think he was pretty good. Always seemed to be well respected by players on the pitch.

I think he is/was an excellent referee - overall he is/was better than most.

BuWyj3RIEAAdAzb.jpg:large

Back