• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How muich would we benefit from a settled back 4 next season

Shropshire Yid

Hossam Ghaly
I was just thinking how much would we benefit from a settled back for next season.
It looks likely to be:

Walker--Kaboul--Vertonghen--BAE

This back four to me has a good age, balance, pace and physical nature about it. If this back four was to start 30 league games together, i believe with our attacking game, we will have the ability to sustain a longer tilt at the title and get back in that top 3 where we deserved this season.

I believe we do still need rotation and if you look at a back up back four, for rotation, LC and EL

Naughton--Caulker--Dawson--Rose Given these guys are still at the club, I havent even mentioned king (who i believe is great for the club) and Gallas. These two can add real experience!

Our next big task is replacing Brad, which i think maybe a job for next summer.

I think it would be very helpful. Caulker to get games in the EL and CC if he doesn't go out on loan again. Two out of King, Gallas and Nelsen around as squad players/backups.

African, i used to be in that camp, but im afraid this season, it wont happen! Vertonghen wont sit on the bench here and Kaboul was awesome last season. We need to bite the bullet and make king a squad player!

My guess is as follows:

55% of the board have either never seen Vertonghen or seen him a couple of times when Ajax played United last season.

40% have seen him more than 2 times if you include youtube clips.

5% have seen him more than 5 times and can make a genuine attempt of describing what type of player he is based on what they've seen.

We get the "King's time to retire" EVERY SEASON!! and then he always goes and proves EVERYONE wrong the following year with excellent performances. I have no doubt it will probably be the same this year too..

If you are looking for an answer, in my eyes, Vertonghen is a left sides ball playing centre half, who is brave, physically strong and good in the air also. He started as a midfielder and eventually switched to centre half (via a spell at left back i think) I have seen a small number of games he has played, and always been impressed. I also know he is a free kick taker and seen 3-4 goals ala kaboul's technique.

Like against Norwich when he was destroyed? Sorry but kings times up for me now

the one game , or 3 games in quick succession, where king was a fraction of himself is not nearly enough to abandon my King. My world class CB that stayed with me cause of diseased knees. I love this man.

LONG LIVE THE KING. SECOND NAME ON THE TEAM SHEET

My guess is as follows:

55% of the board have either never seen Vertonghen or seen him a couple of times when Ajax played United last season.

40% have seen him more than 2 times if you include youtube clips.

5% have seen him more than 5 times and can make a genuine attempt of describing what type of player he is based on what they've seen.

Its irrelevant isnt it? King shouldnt start when fit because our best CB pairing is Gallas and Kaboul. Vertgonhen might then push King further down the pecking order

African, i used to be in that camp, but im afraid this season, it wont happen! Vertonghen wont sit on the bench here and Kaboul was awesome last season. We need to bite the bullet and make king a squad player!

NEVER!!!!

you'll never take me and king alive. I'm going down with the captain!!!

but on a serious note..sometimes sport just becomes more than just about winning for me. i love tottenham...i dont just support them only for the sake of winning. i just do love that team and i do because i've had some kind of family tie to the area and my family one generation up were tottenham fans (think about it, nigerians actually CHOOSING tottenham ,,and when they were crap as well. i was told that Vinnie samways was the best player in the world and i still kind of feel he was)

nah, if king can put on his shirt..he starts

Its irrelevant isnt it? King shouldnt start when fit because our best CB pairing is Gallas and Kaboul. Vertgonhen might then push King further down the pecking order

the funny thing is that i understand why you're saying this....cause kaboul next to a better defender has indeed had a good season. but King is a better defender than kaboul in everything bar physical attributes. i find it weird that he'd be easily 4th choice in your mind

HEATHEN!!!

the funny thing is that i understand why you're saying this....cause kaboul next to a better defender has indeed had a good season. but King is a better defender than kaboul in everything bar physical attributes. i find it weird that he'd be easily 4th choice in your mind

HEATHEN!!!

It's like the previous season has never happened....

HEATHEN!!!

We just need to move on. He was like Bambi on ice at times last season and is much slower changing direction than he used to be. Kaboul and Gallas were both better than him last year and will be available more often than King this coming year - therefore given we need a settled back 4 if the season started tomorrow it owuld be Gallas and Kaboul for me at CB; potentially Vert and Kaboul if he arrives.

King's also having an op this summer and his recovery times from operations are appalling - he might not even be available for a while! I would much rather that King leaves whilst his reputation is intact that to play on too long and have the fans on his back

Back