• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How long will it take for this team to gel?

milo

Jack L. Jones
How long will it be before our new signings get to know each others' games and we are flying?

Depends what you mean by click. Good players can always play well together. Football is football. Top 4 should be attainable however, a title challenging team is different. It also depends on how AVB plays, is he going to mix the team every game or does he have a first 11 in mind. Also remembering he will want to win a trophy this season so in cup games i think we will field strong sides, if for anything, to keep the squad happy.

I guess the question is which team? AVB can't know his preferred 11 and formation. It will take some time once the team know their roles to refine and bed in. Other teams will be far ahead in this regard.

Flying? Could take a while. Last season people were talking about giving AVB half a season before starting to judge the results. I wouldn't be surprised if we improve considerably after Christmas this season in terms of performances.

Becoming effective and reaching a good level of performance close to where we want to be. Shouldn't be long. We've continued signing players with (reportedly) great attitudes and a real hunger to do well, we have some excellent players around that can carry on doing what we were doing last season and we have a very well balanced squad.

The Europe League will be crucial to get some of the new players integrated. I think Lamela is the only one of the new signings that will walk straight in to the XI after the international break. Chiriches and Eriksen will be eased in to the team through the cup games IMO.

Some serious selection headeaches for AVB:

Kaboul or Dawson
Capoue or Sandro
2 of Dembele, Paulinho, Holtby, Eriksen & Sigurdsson
2 of Lamela, Townsend, Lennon, Chadli & Sigurdsson.

For once I don't actually have a preferred strongest XI, confusing in a very positive way.

One match. And the weeks training following. They're professionals ffs and they're all similar expressive styled players.

The Europe League will be crucial to get some of the new players integrated. I think Lamela is the only one of the new signings that will walk straight in to the XI after the international break. Chiriches and Eriksen will be eased in to the team through the cup games IMO.

Some serious selection headeaches for AVB:

Kaboul or Dawson
Capoue or Sandro
2 of Dembele, Paulinho, Holtby, Eriksen & Sigurdsson
2 of Lamela, Townsend, Lennon, Chadli & Sigurdsson.

For once I don't actually have a preferred strongest XI, confusing in a very positive way.

Keeping them all happy will be the test for AVB. It is going to be wobbly jelly with different players in each game.

Can't expect us to be all guns blazing right away but the new players which have played so far looked to be fairly settled so that gives me confidence

By Wednesday or Thursday maybe.

All the signings are well-schooled, intelligent and highly technical players. I expect them pretty much all to hit the ground flying.

We're also keeping 4 of our back 5 from last season (only LB likely to change), which is the main area that needs to settle

One positive, I think, is that AVB did a really good job of introducing and integrating the new players last season. Some took longer to settle than others but they all played a key part in our season.

I think that we will be looking fairly comfortable by November which is handy given the two fixtures against the Manchester duo. Hopefully we will have progressed in the League Cup too with the Europa League games giving everyone ample time and rotation.

I think next season in reality. That would be the time to judge the team, players and Manager in all honesty

I don't think anyone is really going to be able to answer this, on account of not being able to see into the future and that.

Dont think it will be too long in my view.

Paulinho and Soldado looked to have a pretty good understanding but not the finished article and that was after what, 3 or so games? I think Eriksen and Soldado could be a dream.

A couple of months or so. It's about knowing instinctively what runs and passes the players you have around you are going to make. You can't just pick that up in a few games.

Back