• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Home Videos to DVD

Spursman

Neil Sullivan
Hi Chaps,

Whenever my Dad goes away he likes to take his video camera to film some of his holiday. He is used to using an old school camera with a small tape, he would start and stop the recording throughout the day.

Hes now got a newer camera that uses an SD Card. He has asked me to put it all on DVD for him, however its taking bloody ages!

He has got 435 individual files on the SD card which equates to 10GB. Annoyingly he sometimes films things for 10-20 seconds then stops and starts hence creating loads of files on the SD Card.

i hoped to have got all of this over 3 DVD but the software i am using (ConvertxDVD) only allows 99 files. Tried loads of other software and its the same 99 file limit.

So i made one dvd but only managed to get 20 minutes worth of footage over 99 files (the limit) It pretty much took all day to process and burn to DVD

surely there is a quicker way to burn to DVD??

I'm no expert but surely you could combine the 435 files into one long file using the right software, and then burn that one file onto DVD?

roll.gif
at the swear filter

I'm no expert but surely you could combine the 435 files into one long file using the right software, and then burn that one file onto DVD?

Thats what i thought, i merged all files but still would only merge 99.

been googling but cant find anything

Can you not merge the 99 then another 99 then merge those two files?!

How about just create a single video of the related files in Movie Maker, and burn it from there? It's easy and quick to work with, and is comes pre-installed with windows.

FWIW I gave some bloke in Twyford 5 mini DVD tapes and £30 or something... and a few days later he gave me back a CD. Or a DVD. I don't know, he gave me a disc back, digitised.

Hi Chaps,

Whenever my Dad goes away he likes to take his video camera to film some of his holiday. He is used to using an old school camera with a small tape, he would start and stop the recording throughout the day.

Hes now got a newer camera that uses an SD Card. He has asked me to put it all on DVD for him, however its taking bloody ages!

He has got 435 individual files on the SD card which equates to 10GB. Annoyingly he sometimes films things for 10-20 seconds then stops and starts hence creating loads of files on the SD Card.

i hoped to have got all of this over 3 DVD but the software i am using (ConvertxDVD) only allows 99 files. Tried loads of other software and its the same 99 file limit.

So i made one dvd but only managed to get 20 minutes worth of footage over 99 files (the limit) It pretty much took all day to process and burn to DVD

surely there is a quicker way to burn to DVD??

DVDStyler (Win/Mac/Linux) has a maximum number of 99 titles, but you can add up to 99 videos as chapters under each title, therefore the maximum is technically 99x99. It's also reasonable for transcoding and does roughly minute by minute (so 90 minutes processing for an hour and a half of videos) on my old Athlon 64 2GB Memory kit. As it works out how much space you have after transcoding, you may get them all on one DVD.

Edit: PS, DVDStyler is free!

DVDStyler (Win/Mac/Linux) has a maximum number of 99 titles, but you can add up to 99 videos as chapters under each title, therefore the maximum is technically 99x99. It's also reasonable for transcoding and does roughly minute by minute (so 90 minutes processing for an hour and a half of videos) on my old Athlon 64 2GB Memory kit. As it works out how much space you have after transcoding, you may get them all on one DVD.

Edit: PS, DVDStyler is free!

Thanks mate. I'll look into that

Back